• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Au AIMs Blow Back Part Four

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teo’s explanation about the decision to sell is wholly unconvincing. For seven years, the 14 People’s Action Party-run town councils had dealt directly with National Computer Systems Pte Ltd (NCS), including through the most complex phase — developing the software in the early years. All of a sudden, when the software had become mature through use, a decision was made to sell it simply because they needed to negotiate an extension beyond 2011 with NCS. There are many ways a group of users can liaise efficiently with a vendor through a point person or team; selling the software is not the most compelling.

I am not convinced that we have heard the real reason why Teo and the town councils chose this route.

Moreover, when Teo offered “Having each of the 14 individual TCs hold the Intellectual Property (IP) rights to the software was cumbersome and inefficient” as a reason, it is almost laughable. Here is software that is becoming obsolete, that the town councils were nearly sure they’d have to replace completely, and they’re concerned about who should hold the rights to the corpse? Offering such a lame excuse only adds to suspicion.

- http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/pap-mis-aimed-faces-blowback-part-4/#more-8749

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo’s explanation about the decision to sell is wholly unconvincing. For seven years, the 14 People’s Action Party-run town councils had dealt directly with National Computer Systems Pte Ltd (NCS), including through the most complex phase — developing the software in the early years. All of a sudden, when the software had become mature through use, a decision was made to sell it simply because they needed to negotiate an extension beyond 2011 with NCS. There are many ways a group of users can liaise efficiently with a vendor through a point person or team; selling the software is not the most compelling.

I am not convinced that we have heard the real reason why Teo and the town councils chose this route.

Moreover, when Teo offered “Having each of the 14 individual TCs hold the Intellectual Property (IP) rights to the software was cumbersome and inefficient” as a reason, it is almost laughable. Here is software that is becoming obsolete, that the town councils were nearly sure they’d have to replace completely, and they’re concerned about who should hold the rights to the corpse? Offering such a lame excuse only adds to suspicion.

- http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/pap-mis-aimed-faces-blowback-part-4/#more-8749

U r not alone. Nobody buying their story.

jw5

Loyal
"We're PA party and we'll do what we want to,
You'll do it too if it happens to you."

sung to the tune of "It's My Party"

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree with Alex Au. Teo's statements made perfect sense to me.
Note that Alex Au throwed questions and suspicions that he could not prove and convince anyone to believe one way or another,
At the same time, he sidestepped the glaringly misleading statements made by Sylvia Lim concerning the termination of service by AIM.

Given the above, how can Alex be a honest broker in his commentary? All this don't add to his credibility as a political commentator.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sapport such arguments. People DR sure argument make senses. Just that sinkies to stupid to understand.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bah! He is a public person so he cannot say what it is we all can see but shall not be spoken - AIM was probably set up for the purpose of crippling the town councils of constituencies that went to the Opposition control. 3 former PAP MPs get a little something for their troubles, and PAP TCs show growing expenses on their books, hence justifying higher S&C charges. Win-Win-Win.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note that Alex Au throwed questions and suspicions that he could not prove and convince anyone to believe one way or another,
At the same time, he sidestepped the glaringly misleading statements made by Sylvia Lim concerning the termination of service by AIM.

Given the above, how can Alex be a honest broker in his commentary? All this don't add to his credibility as a political commentator.

Your grammar is absolutely poor. Please do yourself and everyone else a favour by doing your utmost to improve your command of the language with which you choose to post here. You are at this moment a shoddy, fly-by-night, incompetent fool that insists on putting yourself and those that you support in a very poor light.

Last edited:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have not read all the parts. But selling public assets to political party in control does not smell right.
That is a red flag. Furthermore the political entity that bought the software is merely a shell company.

And the moment the sale was complete, the usage of the software was curtailed for opposition party.
Whole convoluted affair does not smell right. Furthermore town councils should share in best practice ideas, software, maintainence contracts to gain better efficiency and price. Regardless of which party is in charge. The end game should be better service and lower charges for the residents

The whole idea of withholding funds for opposition ward is stale.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Teo still thinks that sinkees are dumb. They are not. It makes sense to a pappy, definitely not for a person with average intelligence.

PRONTO01

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am totally totally disillusioned upon comments made by Individuals who are blinded by facts glaring at them but chose to be in denial. Somehow, a PAPIes ways of confronting facts versus fiction. Grow up Singaporeans can see the many "bull" coming from Teo's recent statement. Of course miserably omitting the actual facts of a $2 Company making the only bid run by dethroned NTUC Chairman very very suddenly? And other losers MPs....this whole saga does make only sense it's a con job for sure.....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am totally totally disillusioned upon comments made by Individuals who are blinded by facts glaring at them but chose to be in denial. Somehow, a PAPIes ways of confronting facts versus fiction. Grow up Singaporeans can see the many "bull" coming from Teo's recent statement. Of course miserably omitting the actual facts of a $2 Company making the only bid run by dethroned NTUC Chairman very very suddenly? And other losers MPs....this whole saga does make only sense it's a con job for sure.....

My eyes are open. It's a simple case of outsourcing computer services that backfired on WP because they were clearly incompetent.
To cover up their incompetence, Sylvia went on attack mode thru lies

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My eyes are open. It's a simple case of outsourcing computer services that backfired on WP because they were clearly incompetent.
To cover up their incompetence, Sylvia went on attack mode thru lies

Everytime you make a little bark on this issue, this will be the response:

0Kb7x.gif

Everyone should paste the image, if you are so inclined to reply to this PAP troll Kinana. :biggrin:

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alex Au should be asking questions about FMSS.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck Alex. Time to sell your house. Your backside is gonna tear and it is not because of your gay lover.

PM Lee takes legal action against blogger Alex Au
Posted: 04 January 2013 1609 hrs

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is taking legal action against blogger Alex Au for "false and baseless allegations" about town councils run by the PAP.

His lawyers have asked for his article and blog posts on his website to be removed and an apology to be published.

- CNA/al