• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alan Pardew failed despite seeking Lennon's advice

Hoeness

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pardew seeks Lennon's advice ahead of Benfica clash

By George Odling
Apr 3, 2013 10:09:00 PM

238218hp2.jpg

The Newcastle boss has turned his Celtic counterpart for advice on how to stop the Portuguese side ahead of the Magpies' Europa League quarter-final tie on Thursday

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has revealed that he has consulted Celtic manager Neil Lennon for tips ahead of his side's Europa League tie with Benfica.

The Bhoys faced the Portuguese giants twice in the Champions League group stages, drawing 0-0 at Parkhead and losing 2-1 away, and the Magpies coach explained that he would seek advice from wherever he can get it.

"We have good contacts regarding this team. I know this city quite well and I have some contacts here who know Benfica well," Pardew told his pre-match press conference.

"There is also Neil Lennon who we have been in contact with. I think it is important to get as much information as you can - as I'm sure Benfica have done with us."

With Thursday's hosts top of the Portugese Liga and having won 15 of the last 16 games at the Estadio de Luz, Pardew is well aware that his side will be in for a tough match but is optimistic that their home form can see them through to the semi-finals if they can keep the first leg tight enough.

"It is a big test for us because I think with any team that is on such a roll as Benfica, it is going to be difficult," the Newcastle manager added, "but I think at St James' Park we can beat anybody - we have no doubt about that game.

"Here, we need to put on a performance so we can take something back to give us a chance (in the second leg)."

The result :biggrin:

UYq8HXf.jpg

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alan Pardew.....................see the face you can tell he's not that sharp.............Newcastle never have any luck with managers.............amazing they never relegated

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I were Alan Pardew, I'd focus my efforts on Premiership survival. Newcastle are hovering perilously close to the drop zone right now
Anyway, their away goal may prove vital provided they don't concede at St James' Park (which I think is unlikely).

I also think Spurs won't progress either after their 2-2 draw with FC Basel and Bale's injury looks pretty nasty.