• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air-con electrical consumption

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see many people install air-conditioner in their home but not many are actually using it, reason is of course due to electrical bills. Even in the poorer district like choa chu kang, bt batok majority I would say 80% installed air con. Is using air con all day long really that expensive in sinkieland ? Anyone tried on their air con throughout the hot weather and what is the charges you got from Singpower , purely on air con alone estimated ?
I really wonder why people install it just for show :confused: I am contemplating to install one but I am quite broke, have to seek for advice.:p

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A singLe room's estimate wouLd be $1 extra per night from 7pm to 7am tiLL the next morn..
So muLtipLy that by whether your's a 1+2 or 3 or 4 units; there you shouLd have the approx BiLL siZe per month..

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A singLe room's estimate wouLd be $1 extra per night from 7pm to 7am tiLL the next morn..
So muLtipLy that by whether your's a 1+2 or 3 or 4 units; there you shouLd have the approx BiLL siZe per month..

that's means if I on only 1 unit in my room for 24 hrs, estimated bills only $2X30=$60 extra per mth ? Minus the time I not at home it would be < $60, That's not very ex le to enjoy air con all day long.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yr estimate is on the newest inverter system right? which brand better ah?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor sinkies, can afford air con cannot afford electricity.

Losers.

That's what happening currently. I do not want to be part of them that's why I ask first :biggrin:
Similarly there are many sinkie can afford car but cannot afford petrol, parking etc.

Last edited:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have 4 air-con units (3 different brands) installed in my room. Once month, I left some units on for several days at a time. Electricity bill for that month hit $1k.

Since then, I've moderated usage : turn on all 4 air-con units only for a while in the hot afternoon till the room is cool enough, than only leave 1 or 2 air-con units running. Monthly electricity bill these days is approx $500, give or take.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have 4 air-con units (3 different brands) installed in my room. Once month, I left some units on for several days at a time. Electricity bill for that month hit $1k.

Since then, I've moderated usage : turn on all 4 air-con units only for a while in the hot afternoon till the room is cool enough, than only leave 1 or 2 air-con units running. Monthly electricity bill these days is approx $500, give or take.

$500 and $1k, wow that's a big difference with what Fishypie mentioned. Minus other electrical consumptions, how much you estimate soley for the air con usage ?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok thanks for the info,..but power cost keep going up,,,so buy the most 'fuel' efficient one...and aircon dont have to turn on all the time...I mean set it at the highest minimal temp...i try to keep it above 24Deg c..24 or 25 deg is good enough..no need 20 deg..

Sorry friend mine's est is Based on our oLder DaiKin 1+3 modeL; not even any inVerter then,when we instaLLed
them a coupLe of years ago..

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we spend more money trying to cool than those in Europe trying to warm themselves. They only need may 5 months of heating. We need 365 days, 24/7.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
$500 and $1k, wow that's a big difference with what Fishypie mentioned. Minus other electrical consumptions, how much you estimate soley for the air con usage ?

ok if you want very accurate..
you look at the label of your unit.
look for watt of the unit.
if it say 800W
then 800 x 24hour divide by 1000
multipe by pub rate of $0.2565 per day
this is what you pay per day

if the label show 0.8kwh then you no need to divide by 1000

but still it is not perfect calculation because the label found on your unit usually represents the maximum wattage used by the appliance's highest setting
example fan running full speed / compressor running at 100% load / all room is switch on

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah ! mum ask why you got car to go shell buy chocolate and complain but seldom come home for dinner .

oh because i reach home..Narong Wongwan the doggy will bark non stop.so i dont want to smell dog fur.
maybe i suggust you bring it to spca?:biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok if you want very accurate..
you look at the label of your unit.
look for watt of the unit.
if if say 800W
then 800 x 24hour divide by 1000
multipe by pub rate of $0.2565 per day
this is what you pay per day

if the label show 0.8kwh then you no need to divide by 1000

but still it is not perfect calculation because the label found on your unit usually represents the maximum wattage used by the appliance's highest setting
example fan running full speed / compressor running at 100% load / all room is switch on

bro, that means for a 800w unit running for 24 hrs only 800X24X0.2565 / 1000 = $49 estimated ? That's a good price le.