• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ah Tiongs snub Obama

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Barack Obama 'deliberately snubbed' by Chinese in chaotic arrival at G20

President was denied a red carpet welcome and made to ‘go out of the ass’ of Air Force One, observers say

China’s leaders have been accused of delivering a calculated diplomatic snub to Barack Obama after the US president was denied a red-carpet welcome during his chaotic arrival in Hangzhou ahead of the start of the G20.

Chinese authorities have rolled out the red carpet for leaders including India’s prime pinister Narendra Modi, Russian president Vladimir Putin, South Korean president Park Geun-hye, Brazil’s president Michel Temer and British prime minister Theresa May, who touched down on Sunday morning.

But the leader of the world’s largest economy, who is on his final tour of Asia, was forced to disembark from Air Force One through a little-used exit in the plane’s belly after no rolling staircase was provided when he landed in the eastern Chinese city on Saturday afternoon.

When Obama did find his way onto the tarmac, there were heated altercations between US and Chinese officials, with one Chinese official caught on video shouting: “This is our country! This is our airport!”

“The reception that President Obama and his staff got when they arrived here Saturday afternoon was bruising, even by Chinese standards,” the New York Times reported.

Jorge Guajardo, Mexico’s former ambassador to China, said he was convinced Obama’s treatment was part of a calculated snub.

“These things do not happen by mistake. Not with the Chinese,” Guajardo, who hosted presidents Enrique Peña Nieto and Felipe Calderón during his time in Beijing, told the Guardian.

“I’ve dealt with the Chinese for six years. I’ve done these visits. I took Xi Jinping to Mexico. I received two Mexican presidents in China. I know exactly how these things get worked out. It’s down to the last detail in everything. It’s not a mistake. It’s not.”

Guajardo added: “It’s a snub. It’s a way of saying: ‘You know, you’re not that special to us.’ It’s part of the new Chinese arrogance. It’s part of stirring up Chinese nationalism. It’s part of saying: ‘China stands up to the superpower.’ It’s part of saying: ‘And by the way, you’re just someone else to us.’ It works very well with the local audience.

“Why [did it happen]?” the former diplomat, who was ambassador from 2007 until 2013, added. “I guess it is part of Xi Jinping playing the nationalist card. That’s my guess.”

Bill Bishop, a China expert whose Sinocism newsletter tracks the country’s political scene, agreed that Obama’s no-carpet welcome looked suspiciously like a deliberate slight intended “to make the Americans look diminished and weak”.

“It sure looks like a straight up snub,” Bishop said. “This clearly plays very much into the [idea]: ‘Look, we can make the American president go out of the ass of the plane.’”

Bishop added: “We’ve no proof. It could clearly just be a cock-up but it would be a stunningly large cock-up given how well these people plan for all these events and especially for something like the G20.”

“The idea that they have been preparing for well over a year for the G20 but suddenly there be a malfunction with the ramp just for one president … that really strains strains credulity.”

China officials had no comment on the reception offered to Obama.

Susan Rice, the US national security adviser, admitted she had been surprised by the handling of the president’s arrival. “They did things that weren’t anticipated,” she told reporters.

The New York Times said Rice had appeared “baffled and annoyed” that the president had been forced to leave Air Force One through a door normally reserved for high-security trips to places such as Afghanistan.

In the lead-up to the final meeting between Obama and Xi, experts had predicted the pair would seek to part ways on a positive note with the announcement that the world’s two largest polluters would ratify the Paris climate agreement.

However, Obama’s unconventional welcome – and a series of subsequent skirmishes and quarrels between Chinese and US officials and journalists – were a reminder of the underlying tensions.

The Washington Post said Obama’s bumpy landing in China was “a fitting reflection of how the relationship between these two world powers has become frayed and fraught with frustration”.

Official statements issued by both sides on Saturday, as the pair held more than four hours of bilateral meetings, hinted at some of the disagreements between the world’s two largest economies.

According to a White House statement, Obama told Xi of “America’s unwavering support for upholding human rights”.

“China opposes any other country interfering in its internal affairs in the name of human rights issues,” Xi told Obama in response, according to Xinhua, Beijing’s official news wire.

In an interview with CNN, Obama warned Beijing against muscle-flexing in the South China Sea. Xi told Obama his country would “unswervingly safeguard” its claims in the region.

Bishop said: “Other than in climate, in most areas of the US-China relationship there is increasing amounts of friction and some actually increasingly quite hot friction around the South China Sea and some of these military [interactions] in the region.”

“The US is looking a little weak and a little tired and I think [Beijing is] happy to put anybody in their place when they can. I think they see the opportunity to make Obama look weak,” he added.

Both Bishop and Guajardo said the reported confrontations between Chinese and US officials and journalists following Obama’s arrival in Hangzhou were par for the course in China.

“That is just typical China. I remember when my president came, one of the Mexican press corps came out of it with stitches,” Guajardo recalled.

But Obama’s unceremonious arrival was unusual and surely deliberate, the former Mexican ambassador added.

“Just as the Chinese are about giving face they are also about not giving it and letting you know that they are not giving it to you… They don’t overlook these things by mistake. It’s not who they are. It’s not the way they do these things,” he said.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obama should call the Chinese out and leave immediately. It is time to make the Ah Tiongs pariahs again! Damn the Ah Tiongs!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... one Chinese official caught on video shouting: “This is our country! This is our airport!” ...
[video=youtube;xY_n47_Gi0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY_n47_Gi0M[/video] ...

me tink he wasnt shouting ... dey r exaggerating it ...

Last edited:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like a protocol cock up by China compounded by incompetent local officials being spun into something big by all sorts of conspiracy theorists. A former Mexican ambassador and an unknown self-proclaimed expert who runs an anti-China website can hardly be taken seriously.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prior to and after the WW2, the white men including the Japs bullied the tiongs. Now the tiongs are no more the pushover. They are flexing their muscles like Rambo.

If Trump became President, it would be interesting to see who would blink first in the confrontation in areas of influence between USA and China. If Clinton became President, she would blink first.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
“China opposes any other country interfering in its internal affairs in the name of human rights issues,” Xi told Obama in response, according to Xinhua, Beijing’s official news wire...

Very true ... if human rights were allowed to roam free and wild in China, the Commies would have gone dead decades ago after the passing of Mao.

Sama sama like the Peenoy land. If human rights allowed to flourish, there is only way for the country to go ... into the long kang, destroyed by uncontrolled rampage of drugs and traffickers, dealers and junkies. Duterte is doing the right thing ... to hell with human rights and fight the drug threat to save his country.

To President Eleven ... it is the same approach. To hell with human rights and save the Communist Party from collapse.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US can fuck around with everyone in the world. Why not China or any other country leh? If you cannot assert yourself, then give up nationhood.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For leaders from backward Asian, African and those from the banana republics etc this is certainly a big-time snub where standing on ceremony, wearing medals, walking the red carpet, guard of honour etc are coveted. I am not sure for the developed World where these things have lost their value long time ago and has even a standing even among the population. For a liberal President who shoots hoop weekly with his staff I am not even sure if it has any impact. For all we know it is probably a moment of amusement for him where the Chinese lost out in mind games and ended up behaving in a childish manner. 1st World leaders have run the gauntlet during their campaigns when they had to endure eggs being thrown, spitted at, their speeches disrupted. This is small beans if any.

In the Western World and to the Western mind, you got to beat them at their own game. Standing far as you can and spitting into a spittoon is nothing to shout about.

In the mean time, one of the Children of a Chinese Politburo member would be pleading the dad to send him or her to America.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For leaders from backward Asian, African and those from the banana republics etc this is certainly a big-time snub where standing on ceremony, wearing medals, walking the red carpet, guard of honour etc are coveted. I am not sure for the developed World where these things have lost their value long time ago and has even a standing even among the population. For a liberal President who shoots hoop weekly with his staff I am not even sure if it has any impact. For all we know it is probably a moment of amusement for him where the Chinese lost out in mind games and ended up behaving in a childish manner. 1st World leaders have run the gauntlet during their campaigns when they had to endure eggs being thrown, spitted at, their speeches disrupted. This is small beans if any.

In the Western World and to the Western mind, you got to beat them at their own game. Standing far as you can and spitting into a spittoon is nothing to shout about.

In the mean time, one of the Children of a Chinese Politburo member would be pleading the dad to send him or her to America.

Re last line: Childrens not children. Politburo members allowed to have more than one child and they all almost always go overseas to study.

MassaLaKum

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is our country! This is our Airport!

HANGZHOU, China — If President Barack Obama was hoping for a graceful start to his final trip to Asia as commander in chief, this wasn’t it.

A confrontation between a White House aide and a Chinese official, and other diplomatic dust-ups were out in the open from the moment Air Force One landed in Hangzhou, site of an economic summit.

The first sign of trouble: There was no staircase for Obama to exit the plane and descend on the red carpet. Obama used an alternative exit.

On the tarmac, a quarrel broke out between a presidential aide and a Chinese official who demanded the journalists traveling with Obama be prohibited from getting anywhere near him. It was a breach of the tradition observed whenever the American president arrives in a foreign place.

When the White House official insisted the U.S. would set the rules for its own leader, her Chinese counterpart shot back.

“This is our country! This is our airport!” the Chinese official yelled.

Also, a Chinese official tried to keep Obama’s national security adviser, Susan Rice, away from her boss.

Rice seemed less than amused by the incident when asked about it by a reporter.

“They did things that weren’t anticipated,” she said.

Later, two Chinese officials — one working to assist the American delegation — had to be physically separated after trying to hit each other outside an event.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: This is our country! This is our Airport!

Yeah Go China show those americunts!!!!

Chinese dogs: Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In the end, the American Service Service snubbed the Tiongs and told them to fuck off!

What a tremendous loss of face for 11 Jinping! His own 锦衣卫 gets brushed off like dirt in their own country in their own airport! Fuck Chinkland!

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the end, the American Service Service snubbed the Tiongs and told them to fuck off!

What a tremendous loss of face for 11 Jinping! His own 锦衣卫 gets brushed off like dirt in their own country in their own airport! Fuck Chinkland!

Good job my fellow Chinese dog. Americans have told us worthless chinks to fuck off we chinks have lost face!

Leeseowloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky the Chinese didn't forced Obama to squat down like illegal immigrants at the airport. They could anyway. They did that to Asian travelers in the US airports why can't they do the same in China?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah Go China show those americunts!!!!

Chinese dogs: Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are such a fucking bastard CCB Tiong doggy. Hope you'll breathe your last breath in your fucking favoured Tiongland and be reincarnated again there to face more miseries and tortures.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Fucking bastard Tionglanders. Even if they bear any grudges, this kind of treatment is definitely not necessary. I bet the US is not going to do the same if that bastard 11 JinPing will next visit the US. Civilized people are more magnanimous. It goes to show how barbaric and bastard those Tiongs are. Theresa May is right to be very wary of the Tionglanders as compared to her predecessor, Cameron.

I have personally come across same bastard Tiongs telling me: We have been bullied by others for so long, so it's now time for us to bully others.

Another told me: With our more than 1 billion population, just each of us make a pee and your Sinkie Land will sink in no time.

What fucking arrogance?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You are such a fucking bastard CCB Tiong doggy. Hope you'll breathe your last breath in your fucking favoured Tiongland and be reincarnated again there to face more miseries and tortures.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Fucking bastard Tionglanders. Even if they bear any grudges, this kind of treatment is definitely not necessary. I bet the US is not going to do the same if that bastard 11 JinPing will next visit the US. Civilized people are more magnanimous. It goes to show how barbaric and bastard those Tiongs are. Theresa May is right to be very wary of the Tionglanders as compared to her predecessor, Cameron.

I have personally come across same bastard Tiongs telling me: We have been bullied by others for so long, so it's now time for us to bully others.

Another told me: With our more than 1 billion population, just each of us make a pee and your Sinkie Land will sink in no time.

What fucking arrogance?

I've always told this to the Tiongs when they boasted of their large numbers:

The Tiongs outnumber the Mongols/Tartars 100 to 1, but yet they always get owned by the Tartars most of the time. The situation reached so bad that the chinks needed to cower behind their fucking "Great" wall during the late Ming period. In contrast, the Russians, although they were conquered and subjugated, eventually overthrew and beat the Tartars into submission permanently. And they had a far smaller population than the chinks.

So, tell the 1 billion chinks to fuck off!

After that, the chinks backed down. They didn't dare to challenge me to a real fight. I have no respect for the choreographed chink dancing called "wushu". Good old fashion boxing will expose wushu for how lousy it really is. Better just stick to their hermitage lifestyle in shaolin and masturbate to their empty claims that their wushu is damn good.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What fucking arrogance?

Says the double standards fucking racist shit skin. Were shitland to do the same to the US you would be cheering them on. Shit skins like you are full of crap.