• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah neh to take over Chan Sek Kong as CJ

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
menon1e.jpg

Judge of Appeal Sundaresh Menon will be appointed the Chief Justice (CJ) of the Supreme Court with effect from Nov 6, replacing the present Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong who will retire on the same day after he reaches his 75th birthday.

A statement from the Prime Minister's Office on Wednesday afternoon said that the decision to appoint Justice Sundaresh Menon was taken "in concurrence with the advice of the Prime Minister".

The President, acting in his discretion, and in concurrence with the advice of the Prime Minister, has appointed Justice Sundaresh Menon, Judge of Appeal of the Supreme Court, as the Chief Justice with effect from Nov 6 2012. The CJ said: "Being in the public service for 26 years, including serving as Chief Justice of Singapore in the past 6 years, has been a great honour and privilege given to few. I have found this opportunity to serve Singapore to be immensely meaningful and satisfying."

Paying a tribute to the CJ, Justice Menon said: "It is daunting to be faced with the prospect of taking over from someone who has been a towering figure in the Singapore legal landscape throughout the course of my professional career, but having known the Chief Justice for 25 years and having seen first hand his personal kindness and generosity as a mentor and his love for the law, I know he will remain available to help in any way he can. I pray that I will discharge this great responsibility with wisdom, courage, humility and honour.”

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe a Malay like Ismail Hamid could also be CJ.....

Or a lady like Jennifer Marie.......

or even someone like Fatty Loo.......

Why not?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe a Malay like Ismail Hamid could also be CJ.....

Or a lady like Jennifer Marie.......

or even someone like Fatty Loo.......

Why not?

Met Ismail Hamid about a month ago. Sama sama as before - machiam a drug addict! But always smiling.

JM is a nice lady. Spotted her having lunch with Tan Siong Thye about 2 weeks ago.

Fatty Loo? Reportedly dead but never can tell coz he's capable of everything.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank Goodness, Chan SEK KONG was the ultimate attack dog for the lees :mad:

I think you are a young man. This attack dog title belongs to Wee Cheong Jin.
Both have one thing in common. They were ex Malaysians.
I doubt any Singaporeans would have succeeded in their position. Sinkies have conscience and sentiments for our fellow citizens.
Only a Ah Neh have the quality to replace such characters.

Last edited:

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both have one thing in common. They were ex Malaysians.
I doubt any Singaporeans would have succeeded in their position. Sinkies have conscience and sentiments for our fellow citizens.
Only a Ah Neh have the quality to replace such characters.

I thought this guy was one of the main actors during Operation cold storage?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y ah keong retire @ 75? ... shud gif ah keong sum ... cj mentor, emeritus cj, ... wateva, mah! ...

Not likely to happen. If YPH bo Emeritus, how to give CSK? Don't forget YPH and CSK langah many times in the past. The former has 100% support from LKY.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both have one thing in common. They were ex Malaysians. I doubt any Singaporeans would have succeeded in their position. Sinkies have conscience and sentiments for our fellow citizens.Only a Ah Neh have the quality to replace such characters.

Would've thought the honour went to Yong Pung How who had to have a hearty breakfast for the attacks to begin :confused:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Menon Looks abit Like that BoLLywood actor who aLways pLays the bad guy..hopefuLLy not when he's CJ..:smile:

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
20120727.192038_st_m-ravi.jpg

"Eh, don't play play ok! See me no up is it? My reputation is worth S$36 million! Even Yong Pung Sai can't match that!"

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
menon1e.jpg

Judge of Appeal Sundaresh Menon will be appointed the Chief Justice (CJ) of the Supreme Court with effect from Nov 6, replacing the present Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong who will retire on the same day after he reaches his 75th birthday.

A statement from the Prime Minister's Office on Wednesday afternoon said that the decision to appoint Justice Sundaresh Menon was taken "in concurrence with the advice of the Prime Minister".

The President, acting in his discretion, and in concurrence with the advice of the Prime Minister, has appointed Justice Sundaresh Menon, Judge of Appeal of the Supreme Court, as the Chief Justice with effect from Nov 6 2012. The CJ said: "Being in the public service for 26 years, including serving as Chief Justice of Singapore in the past 6 years, has been a great honour and privilege given to few. I have found this opportunity to serve Singapore to be immensely meaningful and satisfying."

Paying a tribute to the CJ, Justice Menon said: "It is daunting to be faced with the prospect of taking over from someone who has been a towering figure in the Singapore legal landscape throughout the course of my professional career, but having known the Chief Justice for 25 years and having seen first hand his personal kindness and generosity as a mentor and his love for the law, I know he will remain available to help in any way he can. I pray that I will discharge this great responsibility with wisdom, courage, humility and honour.”

One, would Tony Tan dare to object to this appointment after pocketing millions of dollars from taxpayers monies?

Two, Singaporeans should be thankful for this Ah Neh and not Gopalan Nair