• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah gong go to heaven, GIC annualised 20-year real return also drop liao

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC posted a drop in its key metric of investment performance for the last financial year, as it warned of a challenging environment ahead due to stretched valuations and heightening trade frictions.

For the year ended Mar 31, the 20-year annualised rate of return - GIC’s most important benchmark - slipped to 3.4 per cent from 3.7 per cent a year ago, according to the latest annual report released on Friday (Jul 13). This marked the third consecutive year of decline since the return rate hit 4.9 per cent in FY2014/15.

SO ZHUN HOR??????

More at GIC’s annualised 20-year real return slips to 3.4%

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No audit, ownself declare ownself song? Songbo SB70? Lol :biggrin:

7F448FE3-A135-47C8-B4EA-77B83F161167.gif

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how they gonna pay cpf 3.5 percent interest.....i remember when gic returns used to be 6.5 percent.
It is ok to just put in paper, a statement that interest earned is $xxxx, if there are means to ensure that the sum with principal cannot be withdrawn.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GIC lost big money. over 1 period. How on earth do you pull down a 20 year moving average, if they didnt do something dumb.

at the beginning they were boosted by strong economic growth in sg and luck,but over time,truth began to show itself and reversion to mean began,their mediocrity and lack of talent began to show itself........short term results equal luck long term is the truth.......3.4 percent 20 year annualised returns,any fund manager with that kind of results need to be fired long ago.my portfolio could consist of 100 percent bonds and i could generate 3 percent growth.