• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AGC Applied to Strike Out Parts of Li Shengwu's Defense Affidavit

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

-- Quote --
I will continue to be active on Facebook, and will continue to regard my friends-only Facebook posts as private. However, I have removed my cousin Li Hongyi from my Facebook friends list.

-- UnQuote --

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well... that's the judiciary of a totalitarian shithole. This is what happens when the legislative, executive and judiciary clusterfuck together, and the Supreme Leeder can suka suka do anything he wants on a whim.

And it looks like those within the Familee are not spared. :cool:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well... that's the judiciary of a totalitarian shithole. This is what happens when the legislative, executive and judiciary clusterfuck together, and the Supreme Leeder can suka suka do anything he wants on a whim.

19732217_1870116916645093_6313047503789925138_n.jpg

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will continue to be active on Facebook, and will continue to regard my friends-only Facebook posts as private. However, I have removed my cousin Li Hongyi from my Facebook friends list.
5595F406-CBBC-43D3-BA49-EA6CD1A0AB5C.gif

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kim Jong Un also murdered his brother and his relatives. Similarities spotted

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much state resources has been used again Shengwu? All bcos of pinkys vendetta?

Li Shengwu says he will not 'continue to participate' in contempt of court case
Li Shengwu, nephew of Singapore's prime minister, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US on Aug 12, 2017. (Photo: Reuters/Tim McLaughlin/File photo)Bookmark
SINGAPORE: Mr Li Shengwu, the nephew of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, said on Wednesday (Jan 22) that he "will not continue to participate" in a contempt of court case.
The 35-year-old is being sued by the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) for allegedly saying in a private Facebook post in 2017 that Singapore has a "pliant court system", and that the government was "very litigious".
READ: AGC takes action against Li Shengwu for contempt of court over Facebook post
In another Facebook post on Wednesday, Mr Li said the prosecution against him "has continued for years".
"During that time, the AGC has submitted thousands of pages of legal documents over one paragraph on social media," Mr Li said.
The AGC recently applied to "strike out" parts of his defence affidavit, said Mr Li, with the result that they will not be considered at the trial.
"Moreover, they demanded that these parts be sealed in the court record, so that the public cannot know what the removed parts contain," he said.
Mr Li added that this was "not an isolated incident, but part of a broader pattern of unusual conduct by the AGC".
"For instance, when arguing jurisdiction in the court of appeals, the AGC argued that a new piece of legislation should be retroactively applied against me," said Mr Li, adding that the court saw it as unfair for the new legislation to apply retrospectively.
"In light of these events, I have decided that I will not continue to participate in the proceedings against me," said Mr Li.
"I will not dignify the AGC’s conduct by my participation."
Mr Li said that he would continue to be active on Facebook and continue regarding his friends-only Facebook posts as private.
He added that he also has removed his cousin and Prime Minister Lee's son, Li Hong Yi, from his Facebook friends list.
READ: Li Shengwu has 'taken advice' from top UK lawyer David Pannick for contempt of court case
After Mr Li made the post in 2017, Senior State Counsel Francis Ng said in a letter that the post was an “egregious and baseless attack” on the Singapore legal system.
He asked Li to apologise and sign a declaration that he had made false allegations and was in contempt of the judiciary.
Mr Li did not concede and said that his private Facebook post was taken "completely out of context" and that any criticism he made was “in good faith”. If found guilty of contempt of court, Li could face fines or jail.
In August 2017, the AGC filed an application in the High Court to initiate committal proceedings against Mr Li for contempt of court after he refused to take down the Facebook post, although he did amend it to “clarify (his) meaning”.
In March 2018, the High Court dismissed his application to set aside the court order granting the AGC to serve papers on him. Last April, the Court of Appeal dismissed his appeal against the High Court's decision.
Mr Li has said he does not intend to return to Singapore to face the contempt proceedings.
The case came amid a wider public feud among the children of former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, which has pitted Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong against his siblings Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling. Mr Lee Hsien Yang is Mr Li's father.
CNA has contacted AGC for comment.
Source: CNA/ad(hm)

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis family affair got nothing to do with sporeans, im sure many will not be embarrassed... rather delighted and waiting eagerly to watch this drama.. :geek:
Yes they only Shame themselves.
They made themselves the royal family so anything is gossip fodder

chuachinsengjason

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a father, would you let you own son be bullied and beaten by your own brother.

You must protect your own son, get even with that faggard lee hsien loong, punish that useless bastard lee hsien loong

so that fucking lee hsien loong and his cronies dare not disturb or threaten any of your family members anymore.

Show them you are not a coward father but a brave father who would sacrifice anything for the safety of your family members.

You have to put a stop to your own brother's despicable actions otherwise that faggard lee hsien loong is going to go after more of your

family members and relatives.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www-agc-gov-sg-admin.cwp.sg...hengwu's-facebook-post-of-22-january-2020.pdf

"The AGC has brought contempt proceedings on several occasions when similar contemptuous statements had been made against the Singapore Judiciary. For example, in1994, contempt proceedings were brought against Mr Christopher Lingle, the International Herald Tribune and others, for suggesting that the Singapore government relies upon “a compliant judiciary to bankrupt 1 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058288 ● General Tel +65 6908 9000 ● www.agc.gov.sgopposition politicians”. The Supreme Court heldthat Mr Lingle’s words were in contempt. In 2010, Mr Alan Shadrake’s statement about “[t]he absence of independence in a compliant judiciary” was also found by the Supreme Court to amount to contempt Given the strikingly similar language used by Mr Li inhis post (in particular, “pliant court system”), the AGC took the view that his statement was likewise in contempt "

Wha poor Ang Mohs. Shengwu also angmoh?