• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After big mail svc cock up last week, Blackberry offers free apps to customers

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free premium apps for BlackBerry customers after service outage

20110829.130255_blackberry1.jpg

AsiaOne
Monday, Oct 17, 2011

Research In Motion (RIM) announced today that a selection of premium apps worth a total value of more than US$100 will be offered free of charge to subscribers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions.

The apps will be made available to customers over the coming weeks on BlackBerry App World and will continue to be available until December 31, 2011.

The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World over a period of four weeks beginning Wednesday, October 19th.

The selections over this period will include the following:
- SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
- Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
- N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
- Texas Hold'em Poker 2 - Gameloft
- Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
- Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
- DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
- iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
- Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
- Nobex RadioPremium - Nobex
- Shazam Encore - Shazam
- Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

RIM's enterprise customers will also be offered one month of free Technical Support.

Current customers will be offered a complimentary one month extension of their existing Technical Support contract, and customers who do not currently have a Technical Support contract will be offered a one month trial of RIM's BlackBerry Technical Support Services - Enhanced Support, free of charge.

Additional details about the program and information about how to register will be available at www.blackberry.com/enterpriseoffer.

"We are grateful to our loyal BlackBerry customers for their patience," said RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis. "We have apologized to our customers and we will work tirelessly to restore their confidence. We are taking immediate and aggressive steps to help prevent something like this from happening again."

B

bullterrier168

Nothing to do with the email function. Its the BB chat thats keeping BB alive. Big countries like Indonesia, Thailand and others rely on it to stay in touch.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to do with the email function. Its the BB chat thats keeping BB alive. Big countries like Indonesia, Thailand and others rely on it to stay in touch.
Yeap, thats the only thing BB is so popular in Indo, Thai and MY. Their phones are cheap, look cheap too, LOL

B

bullterrier168

Yeap, thats the only thing BB is so popular in Indo, Thai and MY. Their phones are cheap, look cheap too, LOL

The higher end models are OK. You can type via the keyboard, pinch the display like an iPhone and also use the control knob in the middle. I am carrying both iPhone and BB. I find the reception of the BB vastly superior so its my main phone. For mucking and playing around, the iPhone is in its own league.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using the Blackberry 9900 for work and I have to say only the email function is superior.

The knob will eventually go for all touchscreen phones and more android phones offer key pads now for messaging.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
BB chat and it's email has industry strength encryption. It is the choice of govt, companies and a coterie of unusual characters from the underworld - organised crime, drug traffickers, street walkers, youth gangs and rioters. It is also used by army troops in the theatre of war and conflict. It is the choice of phone for Somalian pirates to negotiate their terms.Here is the surprise, those that had BB also had the Apple but not the other around. Looks like they serve very different purposes.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk about phone, i just saw a lady carrying 2 iphones. and i wonder why she need 2. saw her msging using 2 diff phones, i was like wtf???

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bb apps are good if you are carrying the new ones where you can install the applications on the media card instead on the built-in-memory. my BB 9700 always hang due to lack of memory, i have to delete few applications to free up memory. i am going to dump my BB and already registered my interest for iphone 4s, can play with the siri... the only thing good about BB is the messenger,where i used to contact my friends overseas.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..........i am going to dump my BB and already registered my interest for iphone 4s, can play with the siri... the only thing good about BB is the messenger,where i used to contact my friends overseas.
You wanna mimic a man's moaning right, LOL