• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Affordable fishball noodle at only $2, unbelieable

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12208385_920239631365379_4355450628728820397_n.jpg

Some fishball noodle hawker make a big hooha about his handmade fishball when ask to set a price cap of his noodle at $2.70.

On other side we have nice hawker that willing to keep their price affordable :smile:

To keep costs low, the hawker duo source their ingredients straight from factories and prepare everything themselves – from the fishballs to the chili, to the fried onions.

Despite rising costs of ingredients, they insist on selling fishball noodles for just S$2 without cutting back on the amount of food in the bowl. Why?

Because nearby residents comprise mainly elderly folks, and they don’t want to pass on the burden to them by raising prices. And to make sure that anybody can have a meal at anytime of the day, they decided to keep their stall open 24hrs.

It’s run by 37-year-old Mr Lim, and 38-year-old Mr Xie. For S$2, you can get a bowl of mee pok with 6 fishballs. A $3 bowl gets you 10 fishballs. Besides fishball noodles, San Yuan also sells bak chor mee (minced meat noodles) and laksa.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can he afford to sell at S$2? His rental is free?

His ads are misleading. 7 fish balls for S$2?

I feel I am ripping him off when I paid S$2 for his bowl of noodles.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 24482

Some fishball noodle hawker make a big hooha about his handmade fishball when ask to set a price cap of his noodle at $2.70.

On other side we have nice hawker that willing to keep their price affordable :smile:

To keep costs low, the hawker duo source their ingredients straight from factories and prepare everything themselves – from the fishballs to the chili, to the fried onions.

Despite rising costs of ingredients, they insist on selling fishball noodles for just S$2 without cutting back on the amount of food in the bowl. Why?

Because nearby residents comprise mainly elderly folks, and they don’t want to pass on the burden to them by raising prices. And to make sure that anybody can have a meal at anytime of the day, they decided to keep their stall open 24hrs.

It’s run by 37-year-old Mr Lim, and 38-year-old Mr Xie. For S$2, you can get a bowl of mee pok with 6 fishballs. A $3 bowl gets you 10 fishballs. Besides fishball noodles, San Yuan also sells bak chor mee (minced meat noodles) and laksa.

Where is the location of this stall?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried it before..chilli good.
Got skill in cooking noodle .QQ type.not soggy.
portion small.can eat 2 bowls.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cheng san hawker centre 527 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10

it's crazy but there are quite a number of san yuan gourmet food stalls around another one at amk ave 10 blk 409

[h=1] Signature Dry Mee Sua @ Ang Mo Kio [/h] Sunday, 7 June 2015 2 Comments Posted in: * Must Try *, Hawker
I am sleep deprived. For the past two weeks, I wake up tired and spend the day longing for a chance to have a nap. The worst effect of sleep deprivation is – I am forever hungry. It’s really bad. Just when I have been trying to make sure I can fit into my gown, I have been overeating the past two weeks and the food I pick probably won’t be either nutritious or a lasting source of energy. Tired people tend to be particularly drawn to sugars and other simple carbohydrates, probably because the body is looking for a quick pick-me-up. When I ended work at 10pm one night, I jio-ed my makan kakis for an impromptu dinner/supper. Philip introduced us to a 24 hour bak Signature Dry Mee Sua (招牌干捞面线, $3) at Blk 409 Ang Mo Kio. Served with fishballs, minced meat, mushrooms and pork lard, the noodles are quite firm to the bite but not soggy. Even though I still prefer Yan Kee’s Bak Chor Mee Sua for their good quality vinegar and ikan bilis, this is a good supper spot in Ang Mo Kio. I like that that mee sua is well coated with chilli and lots of vinegar and was contemplating if I should get a second bowl. They call themselves San Yan Gourmet but for some reason, it is not shown in their signboard. But it’s quite easy to spot because they are one of the rare ones that are opened f0r 24 hours. San Yuan Gourmet 汕源鱼圆肉脞面
Address: Blk 409 Market & Food Centre #01-02, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow you really squander your wealth. My monthly expenses range from $69 to max $69.69.

you are too frugal. at my current cash burn rate i will deplete my family fortune in 20 years barring inflation. with $2 noodle that may be extended by another 6.9 years, enough time to savor laksa mai hum in dying years.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chain of noodle stall is franchise, I think. Many of them across neighbohood.

$2 a bowl of noodle soup. Not bad for the serving size and is nice to my no-frill taste too. Best part is it opens 24 hours!