• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed: Where to make a duplicate car key?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, any bros here know where I can made a copy of my existing car key. This is the remote control version.
I need to made a duplicate, and so this needs programming of a new key and its cutting.

Can anyone advise of a place that does this at a reasonable price? If you have a ballpark figure for the price please let me know too.

Thanks!

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, any bros here know where I can made a copy of my existing car key. This is the remote control version.
I need to made a duplicate, and so this needs programming of a new key and its cutting.

Can anyone advise of a place that does this at a reasonable price? If you have a ballpark figure for the price please let me know too.

Thanks!

go check if your car insurance or other policies cover replacement key. sometimes can claim and save some $.

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its just the car alarm remote then I know of a place in ubi. That guy just charges me $50 for 2. Yes I bought 2 because I want to have a spare.

If it is the key (with some microchip inside) then I guess you may need to go back to your car agent and it will cost a bomb.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you drive a BMW you would have to contact a dealer for that. My colleague has a 10 yo BMW and has to go through them as the keys are all laser cut.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the responses so far. I've tried a few places, including soxximast, but no luck. (They Say they have no stock.)

The agent is charging $380. Not left with any choice. :(
I can't believe a simple car key costs an extortionate amount !!!

I will proceed with the inevitable by end of the week.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You should buy a simple car with simple features. My car key costs $3.50 to duplicate.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Is it a bicycle lock key? :rolleyes:

It's a Toyota key. They look like this....

IMG_3728-180x180.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for all the responses so far. I've tried a few places, including soxximast, but no luck. (They Say they have no stock.)

it suppose to reset the car security software so that your lost key cannot be use to unlock your car.

RogerK

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should buy a simple car with simple features. My car key costs $3.50 to duplicate.

You mean you choose your car based on the car key that cost $3.50 to duplicate or some simple features?

Surely that cannot be the case. It just so happened that your car come with that basic key.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mine had to be made overseas - where the car came from. Cost me close to $400 and almost 10 days before the key arrived. Was told cannot be done locally.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Else, you could also live with just a normal duplicate key. Only manual access, if yours can handle it. I survived 2 weeks with the original key, as the alarm press (top part of key) was broken due to wear and tear.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess this is true. I have to accept that $380 is what I will pay.

be happy lah. i called VW for the same problem and i was quoted $396 inclusive of gst.

and have to pay $296 for the key first while wait 2-3 weeks for the VW spare parts dept to indent for the key.

Last edited: