• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[advice needed - robovac]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's an automatic vacuum cleaner. A colleague requested for two so that the floors can be vacuumed after office hours, and the cleaning lady don't have to rush cleaning all the offices the next morning. Only need to mop.

I am ok with the request but not sure if this machine is reliable. Looks too small and fragile to me. Anyone owns a robovac?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, need to add something. Colleagues told me the noise from the manual vacuum cleaner too noisy when cleaning lady is doing the vacuuming in the morning.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's an automatic vacuum cleaner. A colleague requested for two so that the floors can be vacuumed after office hours, and the cleaning lady don't have to rush cleaning all the offices the next morning. Only need to mop.

I am ok with the request but not sure if this machine is reliable. Looks too small and fragile to me. Anyone owns a robovac?

Forget it. The suction is too weak to do a proper job.

I tried one out for a week and all it did was tickle my carpet.

The best vacuum cleaner I've owned is Meile... this model

miele-vacuum-cleaner-s5781-medium.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chon in Thailand no need robo, labour is so cheap. First you need to ask your current meh-baan to fuck off. Give one inch you know you need to give what next.

I'd say my Dyson is the best sucker around

dyson-dc26i.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your house very dirty ah? :rolleyes:

Full of dog hair.. that's the animal variety not the PAP dogs.

However, PAP dogs do visit on a regular basis to discuss strategy regarding how to fix the opposition in 2016. I ask them to take off their shoes so they don't bring in the dirt.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not reliable. Has the worst reliability record amongst vacuum cleaners. It's like buying a Renault instead of a Toyota.

So I must be lucky, have one 8 years old Dyson still using for outdoor, one 4 years old for downstairs and a battery Dyson for bedrooms. Still fine. I heard Meile's washing machine is great.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So I must be lucky, have one 8 years old Dyson still using for outdoor, one 4 years old for downstairs and a battery Dyson for bedrooms. Still fine. I heard Meile's washing machine is great.

All my appliances are Meile.... gas cooker, oven, washing machine, dryer.

I do extensive research into reliability ratings before I make my purchase and am willing to pay extra.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3688983.stm

Dyson 'ranks last in reliability'

_40120763_dyson203index.jpg
Dyson's famous vacuum cleaners are made in Malaysia

<tbody>
</tbody>
The Dyson vacuum cleaner - famous for its bagless technology - is the least reliable of all upright and cylinder brands, a consumer magazine has said.A quarter of 5,100 upright vacuum cleaner owners surveyed by Which? failed to give their Dyson an all-clear on performance after six years' use.
Nearly a fifth of Dyson cylinder users also reported issues.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You and me then, My Dyson still working after 5 years. Got a mate of mine has 10 years out of his before he sold it. Weird that people say its unreliable.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You and me then, My Dyson still working after 5 years. Got a mate of mine has 10 years out of his before he sold it. Weird that people say its unreliable.

My Panasonic vacuum cleaner lasted 21 years.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the computer show the Aztech VC2000 will be available for for $379. It is something like the robovac.

http://www.fuckwarezone.com.sg/feature-it-show-2014-preview-bargain-season-begins

The computer bizness must be bad.