• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Actually… How prepared is Malaysia if a war broke out?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you sir. Made some edits to explain things and to delete some, just my 2 cents from being a military buff years back. Most of the C-RAM we have will make very short work of their battery assets, so much so that even the SP ones will only have an exceedingly short life. Likely their MLRS systems will survive to a certain degree but only for so long. There are so many ways to neutralize ground based assets. Counter battery fire does not just need to be delivered by land based systems these days. Surface to surface weaponry have their place in the world but slightly faded relevance in this modern age.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree with you, it's all moot. In this forum, we're basically just taking the piss out of one another, poke and prick.:biggrin: The most that will happen is each country gives the other a middle finger, bitch and then ok again. And repeat. Dr M is being nasty as always and the pap buay song as usual. But cool heads will eventually prevail.

You raised some good points there.
KNN there are people here who really thought there is a chance of open fire KNN
If really there is the one to open first must be the barbarian m&d should he get senile and kee siao liao but sg is too civilised and kiasi for that KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thank you sir. Made some edits to explain things and to delete some, just my 2 cents from being a military buff years back. Most of the C-RAM we have will make very short work of their battery assets, so much so that even the SP ones will only have an exceedingly short life. Likely their MLRS systems will survive to a certain degree but only for so long. There are so many ways to neutralize ground based assets. Counter battery fire does not just need to be delivered by land based systems these days. Surface to surface weaponry have their place in the world but slightly faded relevance in this modern age.
Your comprehensive list of pros n cons is very enlightening. Much appreciated.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN there are people here who really thought there is a chance of open fire KNN
If really there is the one to open first must be the barbarian m&d should he get senile and kee siao liao but sg is too civilised and kiasi for that KNN
Yes, if want to war would have done so years ago. It is all mouth talk balls shiok only. :biggrin:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes yes. Then a great big wall can be built along the Johor border to keep the m&ds out. Trump will help us design it. We get Keppel Land and Sim Lian Construction to build it.

Lam Chuan Construction will get the tender, they hve a good track record with LTA and Sg Gahman. For this project they need Haw Par's expertise, they will call their new Co., Lam Par Construction pte ltd.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, need the wall. Because, with due respect to our m&d friends, they multiply like hamsters. Have you played whack-a-mole? Whack one, two or three will pop up elsewhere. As for your Gen Kee Chiu, I don't know what to say except May the gods help us. :biggrin:
The only hamsters in this world are the chinese with a population of 1.3 billion. If mao had not culled some by starving and torturing them, it would be even bigger.and that 1.3 billion is grossly under reported due to birth restrictions as many in the villages have more than one baby.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truth be told... both Malaysia and Sinkeepoo are not countries with a culture of war. Making money is top priority these parts. I won't be surprised if either side calls for a war and nobody turns up. Really... who gives a fark about this parking issue? In what way does it affect me? If the politicians are pissed about this, they can fight it out themselves. Don't get us involved. One farking Sinkeepoo paper general even say we should be outraged by this. Sorry hor, I am not outraged and don't give a rat's ass. If anything, I am more outraged about how the gahment is playing fark with our CPF and raising the cost of our living.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I don't follow your argument. Telling me I don't realised I am living in an island with no natural resources? Ha ha!!!! Maybe you didn't attend school, because when I was in school, we were taught that. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LKY always knew that our neighbours were unfriendly, he also knew we needed a close US friendship. Hence, the citizens all know that too. Grow up! You are such a daft one.

Nevermind, let's leave all that aside, Einstein. Don't complicate our nice little discussion. Now, tell me how are they going to cut off the sea routes? And how are they going to be allowed to be successful? And be able to sustain this closure?
In fact I felt sorry for you such a daft and should grow up even more. Since you claimed old fart already knew that our neighbours were unfriendly and always need protection, you should have already knew very well that our own SAF is not that mighty as you think.
Since you believe and have so much faith that this little island has a mighty navy, then let's talk about navy. If mudland now deployed their "your so called sampan" at the straits of malacca and south china sea to divert any foreign vessels passing thru johor straits and singapore straits, now supposing you are that general kee chiu, what are you gonna do? Are you as general kee chiu gonna ask uncle sam for help? Or you think your bigger brother next door will help you also?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Any attempts at naval blockades will results in active sonar deployments, unrestricted warfare and paralysis of all maritime trade along the long coastlines. Submarines can show up in many areas especially those countries that don't have good ASW assets. All naval trade will be blocked, critical ports and choke points mined. Land and naval based systems will clear any blockages quickly. Active ASW assets will be deployed to root out any underwater threats early on and most of the maritime routes are already well known and documented. It will not be an effective blockade within a very short period of time.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
In fact I felt sorry for you such a daft and should grow up even more. Since you claimed old fart already knew that our neighbours were unfriendly and always need protection, you should have already knew very well that our own SAF is not that mighty as you think.
Since you believe and have so much faith that this little island has a mighty navy, then let's talk about navy. If mudland now deployed their "your so called sampan" at the straits of malacca and south china sea to divert any foreign vessels passing thru johor straits and singapore straits, now supposing you are that general kee chiu, what are you gonna do? Are you as general kee chiu gonna ask uncle sam for help? Or you think your bigger brother next door will help you also?
You are definitely a mudlander, and a daft one at that. Have you not read the other posts in this thread and the other related ones? Still thinking mudland can hold it's own against the sinkie armed forces. Need to get our much loved and respected @ginfreely to target you and drop expletives on your sorry mudlander arse :biggrin:

Even Dr M himself admitted it on Oct 1 this year. Read and be educated, my daft mudlander friend. :biggrin:

On dealing with claims over outstanding issues involving neighbouring countries like Singapore, Dr Mahathir said that although negotiations may not be so successful, Malaysia does not intend to go to war with them.

He said Singapore is more powerful than Malaysia though it may be small in size, and drew laughter from the packed hall.

"I don't see war as a way to settle (issues). We will continue to negotiate although there may be no results," he said.
http://www.bernama.com/en/news.php?id=1648568

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On dealing with claims over outstanding issues involving neighbouring countries like Singapore, Dr Mahathir said that although negotiations may not be so successful, Malaysia does not intend to go to war with them.

He said Singapore is more powerful than Malaysia though it may be small in size, and drew laughter from the packed hall.

"I don't see war as a way to settle (issues). We will continue to negotiate although there may be no results," he said.
http://www.bernama.com/en/news.php?id=1648568

Ah Glock ah. U know lah Tun speech always have smack of sarcasm. Praising ur opponent doesnt necessarily mean we r weak. :smile: