• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Actually… How prepared is Malaysia if a war broke out?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using their "massive" fleet of 8 warships and 2 submarines? Our air superiority not able to make short work of them? :biggrin:
Seriously, if you think so easy for our so called air superiority to take off from our bases and easily fly all the way along the straits and strike off Mudland's fleet of warships and submarines, you must have been a fan of buying into our own SAF advertisements. Before our air crafts can even reach those fleets, they will be busy engaging stretches of SAMs and air defence systems. How capable our pilots are trained to handle those kind of life treatening stressful scenarios are yet to be seen.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the kind of salaries our MiniStars are paid, we should have a spy network like the Israeli Mossad - identify all the.locations of the SAM launchers and their radar tracking facilities. First order of business after declaration of war is to make surprise aerial attacks and bomb all these facilities to oblivion.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Seriously, if you think so easy for our so called air superiority to take off from our bases and easily fly all the way along the straits and strike off Mudland's fleet of warships and submarines, you must have been a fan of buying into our own SAF advertisements. Before our air crafts can even reach those fleets, they will be busy engaging stretches of SAMs and air defence systems. How capable our pilots are trained to handle those kind of life treatening stressful scenarios are yet to be seen.
You made the point that they just need to cut off the import and export routes from the sea. So easy we let them do that meh? How are they going to cut off sea route, use sampans? Sinkie navy and airforce will not do anything meh, just sit around and suck thumb? :laugh::roflmao:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
For the kind of salaries our MiniStars are paid, we should have a spy network like the Israeli Mossad - identify all the.locations of the SAM launchers and their radar tracking facilities. First order of business after declaration of war is to make surprise aerial attacks and bomb all these facilities to oblivion.
Google earth can see or not? :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAM missiles? Malaysia does not need those. You come into their jungle. They fight you there.americans and armies worldwide train with malaysian soldiers in jungle warfare.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You made the point that they just need to cut off the import and export routes from the sea. So easy we let them do that meh? How are they going to cut off sea route, use sampans? Sinkie navy and airforce will not do anything meh, just sit around and suck thumb? :laugh::roflmao:
That's because you don't even realized that you are living in an island with no natural resources and almost everything that you eat, use etc is thru import.
You also don't even realized throughout the years, the relationship between your bigger neighbour and this small island has turned sour and no longer like the good old Suharto days. Better still this small island now even has pissed off another much more bigger brother completely and now have to suck up to the new uncle Sam for protection.
If your Mudland neighbour really take a defensive action to cut off the import and export routes from the sea, guess who will still be on our side?
Whether taking an defensive or offensive stand in a war is never easy. Sinkie navy and airforce can do whatever you think they can but if you think they are so mighty as marketed and advertised that can mobilized within 3 hours and size them up based only on those figure you've seen, you don't even know who is the one who really suck thumb at the end of the day.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During Baling incident all the villigers went into trance attack with spears t..he Malaysian army donno wat to do..
I remember reading about this incident. Goes to show the risks when you mix low IQ with religious fanaticism.

However, the protagonists were all prepared to die. Don't even expect sinkies to forego upgrading and vote opposition, much less die for any cause ...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That's because you don't even realized that you are living in an island with no natural resources and almost everything that you eat, use etc is thru import.
You also don't even realized throughout the years, the relationship between your bigger neighbour and this small island has turned sour and no longer like the good old Suharto days. Better still this small island now even has pissed off another much more bigger brother completely and now have to suck up to the new uncle Sam for protection.
If your Mudland neighbour really take a defensive action to cut off the import and export routes from the sea, guess who will still be on our side?
Whether taking an defensive or offensive stand in a war is never easy. Sinkie navy and airforce can do whatever you think they can but if you think they are so mighty as marketed and advertised that can mobilized within 3 hours and size them up based only on those figure you've seen, you don't even know who is the one who really suck thumb at the end of the day.
Actually I don't follow your argument. Telling me I don't realised I am living in an island with no natural resources? Ha ha!!!! Maybe you didn't attend school, because when I was in school, we were taught that. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LKY always knew that our neighbours were unfriendly, he also knew we needed a close US friendship. Hence, the citizens all know that too. Grow up! You are such a daft one.

Nevermind, let's leave all that aside, Einstein. Don't complicate our nice little discussion. Now, tell me how are they going to cut off the sea routes? And how are they going to be allowed to be successful? And be able to sustain this closure?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No sinkee in the intel service will risk their lives for the country. In the grapevine, there was a story of how a few of our spies were caught by Mudlanders. The sinkapore government did not do anything to rescue them. They were apparently killed. However, a relative of the Lee family who was working for the intel service was caught in Thailand. The government got him out. Which spy want to work for sinkapore when they know that their employer boh chap him/her?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I don't follow your argument. Telling me I don't realised I am living in an island with no natural resources? Ha ha!!!! Maybe you didn't attend school, because when I was in school, we were taught that. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LKY always knew that our neighbours were unfriendly, he also knew we needed a close US friendship. Hence, the citizens all know that too. Grow up! You are such a daft one.

Nevermind, let's leave all that aside, Einstein. Don't complicate our nice little discussion. Now, tell me how are they going to cut off the sea routes? And how are they going to be allowed to be successful? And be able to sustain this closure?

I share your optimism ...under the leadership of Gen Kee Chiu, sinkapore will take over Johor and decimate the Mudland regime. Now, taking over is one thing. Keeping it is another. Will Gen Kee Chiu have the courage to commit genocide to rid of all the Malays? Only without the Malays, will it be possible to hang on to the land.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAM missiles? Malaysia does not need those. You come into their jungle. They fight you there.americans and armies worldwide train with malaysian soldiers in jungle warfare.

Our SAF train in Brunei jungle (that's Kalimantan); SAF is the best fighting force in the region as stated by many angmo publications. And we have Generals who have Cambridge pedigree. On paper our SAF is so quat. Sinkapore will sure win any conflict. 70 percent of sinkees believe that. Sinkees can sleep in peace knowing that our SAF will protect us.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I share your optimism ...under the leadership of Gen Kee Chiu, sinkapore will take over Johor and decimate the Mudland regime. Now, taking over is one thing. Keeping it is another. Will Gen Kee Chiu have the courage to commit genocide to rid of all the Malays? Only without the Malays, will it be possible to hang on to the land.
Yes yes. Then a great big wall can be built along the Johor border to keep the m&ds out. Trump will help us design it. We get Keppel Land and Sim Lian Construction to build it.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes yes. Then a great big wall can be built along the Johor border to keep the m&ds out. Trump will help us design it. We get Keppel Land and Sim Lian Construction to build it.

Yes, build that wall ...with the expertise of our scientists from A*STAR and DSTA, our wall will be better than those built by Trump.
Actually, the wall won't be needed if Gen Kee Chiu exterminates all the Malays. The mudland Chinkchong will be no trouble. The mudland Ah Nehs can be easily placated with toady. It is the Malays that are possible trouble makers. Killing them all is the only way to make the occupation viable and easier to annex to be the larger sinkapore.

Salute to Gen Kee Chiu.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, build that wall ...with the expertise of our scientists from A*STAR and DSTA, our wall will be better than those built by Trump.
Actually, the wall won't be needed if Gen Kee Chiu exterminates all the Malays. The mudland Chinkchong will be no trouble. The mudland Ah Nehs can be easily placated with toady. It is the Malays that are possible trouble makers. Killing them all is the only way to make the occupation viable and easier to annex to be the larger sinkapore.

Salute to Gen Kee Chiu.
Nope, need the wall. Because, with due respect to our m&d friends, they multiply like hamsters. Have you played whack-a-mole? Whack one, two or three will pop up elsewhere. As for your Gen Kee Chiu, I don't know what to say except May the gods help us. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My 2 cents worth, maybe 1 cent, from my limited knowledge. I don't think the 2 countries will ever go to war so its a moot point to even consider that.
For the sake of sharing through, from what i could remember. Mainly sharing the forces that are known. Those in the know will know whether what was
written below makes sense even though it has already been sanitized. (I will not use the AYBABTU theme here) Both countries have shared blood and ancestry on both sides, i certainly do not hope this scenario ever happens.

Singapore side

Pros
Good planning and war gaming already done. Most scenarios already thought of and covered.
Good command and control planning
Disaster recovery with exiled government operating within friendly countries planned
Advanced Early warning systems
Advance air-bone, sea and land based radar
Air superiority - Seriously even though aging craft, the standoff capability is enough
Aging but many useful ground attack craft
Advanced Sonar capabilities
AFVs may attack and come from multi ingress points by land and by sea (amphibious).
Heli borne troops and expeditionary type of vehicles can seize critical installations.
Large number of special forces deployed in-theatre within a very limited time.
Infantry can hold ground within a certain period up to a certain area within Johor.
Attack Helicopters may yet play a vital part for anti-armour and can hold their own against even coastal vessels. Especially after package upgrade to Longbow
Our C-RAM capabilities are much more enhanced as compared to our neighbours and can retaliate against indirect fire easily, not just against howitzer but even against rocket attacks.
Ready stockpiles of many critical items including food and ammunition
Entrenched infantry will hold ground at critical choke-points and fibua in buildings
Active defense systems and passive systems will be laid by surface vessels (and others or course) to defend the coast line
Underwater assets have been repeatedly upgraded can carry out unrestricted warfare against merchant vessels along the entire coastline and enforce a wide
zone even between East & West areas to prevent manpower/logistics resupply.
Coastal vessels are augmented by naval forces to protect the coastline.
Islands can be used for limited launches of forces.
Certain military forces may aid us in terms of armoured, infantry and militia assets.
Very mobile and capable AAA assets
Shared bases with other naval forces outside of region

Cons
Troop & Morale issue
Logistics and man power resupply caused by losses and attrition
French land assets are getting old and being replaced.
Water supplies can be contaminated but offset by advance filtration readiness as well as desalination plants near the sea
Blockaded easily by land and sea by immediate neighbours
High foreigner population leads to collaborators, civil unrest and may lead to instability within the initial stages.
High density - High civilian and collateral damage if the neighbour attacks first
Critical assets/dumps are distributed, underground but certain assets may not be hardened enough
Civilian population may need to be managed by foreign forces stationed within the island.
Certain forces cannot be used against other forces without serious repercussions.

Malaysia side

Pros
Long coast line, multiple resistance points, critical chokepoints if mainly attacked from the South direction.
Low civilian and collateral damage due to urban sprawl
Emplaced AAA
Generally loyal population within main territories
Good SA MLRS battery
Manpads and their proliferation in the AO in an event of a confrontation may be a deterrent to low flying aircraft and rotor wing craft especially over critical areas and coastlines.

Cons
New government.
All critical distribution and supply points may be very badly disrupted.
Likely few will come to the aid if Malaysia is the aggressor.
Internal strife around its borders and other parts of the land may mean early loss of the Eastern portion due to ready standing forces.
Multi-prong envelopment of the country will be done with early loss of command and control.
The former Polish MBT tanks they have do have certain deficiencies, at least 9 of which will limit their operational usefulness. Limited range AAA assets to provide air cover for counter attack and cannot cross a lot of bridges given that they are over weight.
Their other armoured assets comprising of a mix bag of IFVs are very fragile
Low strength in terms of their SP indirect fire assets
Restive areas may take the opportunity to declare independence during this time
Their air assets are weak, hard to achieve any semblance of air superiority. Limited air radar assets.
Migs have very very limited range, inefficient radars and older avionics limits the range of their missiles for Air to Air combat. Very limited air to ground attack capabilities on all air assets.
Par for their heliborne troops however they are limited in numbers and only trained for limited types of environment.
Under water assets are inadequate in numbers and capabilities for the vast areas that they must cover, diesel submarines have limited operational endurance, likely not upgraded with AIP, the torpedoes are mainly the older types and the location of their limited pens are known. Sonar is older type and operators are still green. Newest sonar upgrade standard is yet unknown
Very poor maintenance, limited upkeep with modifications and stop gap measures in place.
Very limited resupply, recovery and repair abilities
All known critical installations neutralized within a very limited timeframe

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My 2 cents worth, maybe 1 cent, from my limited knowledge. I don't think the 2 countries will ever go to war so its a moot point to even consider that.
For the sake of sharing through, from what i could remember. Mainly sharing the forces that are known. Those in the know will know whether what was
written below makes sense even though it has already been sanitized. (I will not use the AYBABTU theme here)

Singapore side

Pros
Good planning and war gaming already done. Most scenarios already thought of and covered.
Good command and control planning
Advanced Early warning systems
Advance air-bone, sea land based radar
AFVs may attack and come from multi ingress points by land and by sea (amphibious).
Heli borne troops and expeditionary type of vehicles can seize critical installations.
Large number of special forces deployed in-theatre within a very limited time.
Infantry can hold ground within a certain period up to a certain area within Johor.
Attack Helicopters may yet play a vital part for anti-armour and can hold their own against even coastal vessels. Especially after upgrade to Longbow
Our C-RAM capabilities are much more enhanced as compared to our neighbours and can retaliate not just against howitzer but even against rocket attacks.
Ready stockpiles of many critical items including food and ammunition
Entrenched infantry will hold ground at critical choke-points
Active defense systems and passive systems will be laid by surface vessels (and others or course) to defend the coast line
Underwater assets have been repeatedly upgraded can carry out unrestricted warfare against merchant vessels along the entire coastline and enforce a wide
zone even between East & West areas to prevent manpower/logistics resupply.
Coastal vessels are augmented by naval forces to protect the coastline.
Islands can be used for limited launches of forces.
Certain military forces may aid us in terms of armoured, infantry and militia assets.
All known critical installations neutralized within a very limited timeframe
Very mobile and capable AAA assets

Cons
Troop & Morale issue
Logistics and man power resupply caused by losses and attrition
French land assets are getting old and being replaced.
Water supplies can be contaminated but offset by advance filtration readiness as well as desalination plants near the sea
Blockaded easily by land and sea by immediate neighbours
High foreigner population leads to collaborators, civil unrest and may lead to instability within the initial stages.
High density - High civilian and collateral damage if the neighbour attacks first
Critical assets/dumps are distributed, underground but certain assets may not be hardened enough
Civilian population may need to be managed by foreign forces stationed within the island.
Certain forces cannot be used against other forces without serious repercussions.

Malaysia side

Pros
Long coast line, multiple resistance points, critical chokepoints if mainly attacked from the South direction.
Low civilian and collateral damage due to urban sprawl
Emplaced AAA
Generally loyal population within main territories
Good SA MLRS battery
Manpads and their proliferation in the AO in an event of a confrontation may be a deterrent to low flying aircraft and rotor wing craft especially over critical areas and coastlines.

Cons
New government
All critical distribution and supply points may be very badly disrupted.
Likely few will come to the aid if Malaysia is the aggressor.
Internal strife around its borders and other parts of the land may mean early loss of the Eastern portion due to ready forces.
Multi-prong envelopment of the country will be done with early loss of command and control.
The former Polish MBT tanks they have do have certain deficiencies, at least 9 of which will limit their operational usefulness. Limited range AAA assets to provide air cover for counter attack and cannot cross a lot of bridges given that they are over weight.
Their other armoured assets comprising of a mix bag of IFVs are very fragile
Low strength in terms of their SP indirect fire assets
Their air assets are weak, hard to achieve any semblance of air superiority. Limited air radar assets.
Migs have very very limited range, inefficient radars and older avionics limits the range of their missiles for Air to Air combat. Very limited air to ground attack capabilities on all air assets.
Par for their heliborne troops however they are limited in numbers and only trained for limited types of environment.
Under water assets are inadequate in numbers and capabilities for the vast areas that they must cover, diesel submarines have limited operational endurance, likely not upgraded with AIP, the torpedoes are mainly the older types and the location of their limited pens are known. Sonar is older type and operators are still green. Newest sonar upgrade standard is yet unknown
Very poor maintenance, limited upkeep with modifications and stop gap measures in place.
Very limited resupply, recovery and repair abilities
Yes I agree with you, it's all moot. In this forum, we're basically just taking the piss out of one another, poke and prick.:biggrin: The most that will happen is each country gives the other a middle finger, bitch and then ok again. And repeat. Dr M is being nasty as always and the pap buay song as usual. But cool heads will eventually prevail.

You raised some good points there.