• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Acer Timeline 5830 - anybody owns one ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your experience with this machine ? Can the battery really last up to 6.25 hours as claimed ?

img7485.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i used the earlier version 4810T, quite good.

if you have issues ith battery, you can find one chiong battery at sim lim at around $70, original is $200.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Battery it said last up to 6.2 hr. UP TO.....this word really tricky.
Mean not guarantee.
Normally whatever brochure print just minus 30~40% of the capacity.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Model and Pic please. Preferably 15 inch model.

But Asus seems to have a problem with over heating.

rubbish, i have being using it and seen friend using it as well. the only complain i have with it is its battery life time. what's your budget? and what's the main purpose of it, what kind of serious work you are going to use for it. playing serious game or just general surf net see video?

u give me more info about all these first, then i go choose one for u.

overheating has nothing got to do with brand in general. its the size, the smaller the laptop, the more likely it will overhead due to heat flow issue.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
here goes
of cos it does with asus

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DAm5zQ140UI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NO4X0RAMRww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this really rival apples macbook

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what lappie to recommend for gaming? I nid one that can play serious stuff like Battlefield3...those graphics intensive stuff n not those facebook wimpies.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
rubbish, i have being using it and seen friend using it as well. the only complain i have with it is its battery life time. what's your budget? and what's the main purpose of it, what kind of serious work you are going to use for it. playing serious game or just general surf net see video?

u give me more info about all these first, then i go choose one for u.

overheating has nothing got to do with brand in general. its the size, the smaller the laptop, the more likely it will overhead due to heat flow issue.

I met a few web designers and all seem to favour Asus with big big screen.

I'm going to use it for web design. Long battery life is a MUST. Budget less than SGD1K. Sounds ridiculous, but I'm getting it either in Taipei or Bangkok.

Last edited: