• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Abraham The Delusional Schizophrenic

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abraham and Sarah headed south to stay in Gerar for a while. He told everyone Sarah was his sister. Sound familiar?

300x225xabimelech-seizes-sarah-300x225.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LuiTilrc44.jpg

This is how kings sent for people in those days -- an invitation you can't refuse.

Abimelech, king of Gerar, sent men and had them bring Sarah to her. To be his wife or concubine, that is.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
God visited Abimelech in a dream one night, some time later, and told him that He would kill Abimelech for taking someone’s wife. Abimelech defended himself, saying that both Abraham and Sarah had insisted they were brother and sister! So, God let him off the hook, after pointing out that He had prevented Abimelech from having his way with Sarah because He knew Abimelech didn’t understand Sarah was married.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would God tell Abimelech that He was going to kill him for a sin that God knew Abimelech didn’t commit, and in fact God actively prevented Abimelech from committing?

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
And why did God punish all the people of Garar (who were unable to have children the entire time Sarah was Abimelech’s wife/concubine) for something Abimelech didn’t do?

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
God told Abimelech to return Sarah to Abraham and that Abraham would pray for him, so the people of Garar would be healed of their infertility.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abimelech sent for Abraham and asked why Abraham had brought this great sin on his people; Abraham, relying on the same story he gave Pharaoh, said he was afraid he’d be killed by someone who wanted his wife.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abraham adds to the story, insisting that he told the truth . . . and that he and Sarah were half-siblings (same father, different mother).

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incest is biblical and Godly. Lot got his own daughters pregnant, and Abraham married his half-sister.

So, Abimelech took a page from Pharaoh’s book and gave Abraham livestock and slaves and a thousand pieces of silver.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same, pimp and hook, con-job happens again.

Abraham and Sarah, the father and mother of the abrahamic faith!

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genesis 20:12 Abraham had married his half-sister (Sarah). They had the same father and different mothers.

Incest!

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of biblical heroes: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and his 12 tribes / sons, and later, Moses are products of or participated in incest.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abraham Expels Hagar and Ishmael

Leyden_Lucas_van._Titel_Abraham_verstost_Hagar_small.jpg

Abraham's hand is raised in a gesture of rejection. Hagar's face shows exhaustion and weary reproach, her eyes swollen with crying. Her little child cowers behind her for protection. Interestingly, it is not only Hagar and her little child who are suffering, Abraham gave an expression full of doubt and regret.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
on-earth.jpg

Genesis 22:1-12 Abraham was stopped just short of murdering his own son, Isaac - because God ordered it.

Abraham’s Faith Confirmed

1 Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
3 So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him.
4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted his eyes and saw the place afar off.
5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”
6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together.
7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!”
And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”
8 And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.
9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood.
10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.
11 But the Angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said, “Here I am.”
12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Abraham is 100, God rewards Sarah, 90, for her role in His plan and gives her Isaac whom Abraham almost sacrifices. After Isaac’s "called-off" sacrifice, never again is there any Biblical conversation between Isaac (or Sarah) and Abraham.

Most rationale parents will be horrified by this story of Abraham’s child abuse.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genesis 24:35-36 God has blessed my master (Abraham) greatly; and he has become great (wealthy) and he (God) has given him (Abraham) flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and men-slaves, and maid-slaves, and camels, and asses.

Slavery is condoned by the 'Almighty'

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Genesis 25:1-6 After Sarah died, Abraham married Keturah and had 6 more sons. He had some other kids by other concubines.