• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A typical Malay culture...

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not a must for Malay Muslims to wear the hijab or Malay headscarf, the tudung. The Qur'an does not mandate or mention Hijab at all. In the Jewish and Arab tradition, headscarves are normally used by both men and women and also in some parts of other countries. Women may used them for privacy or modesty, but headscarves are used primarily for protection from the environment.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not a must for Malay Muslims to wear the hijab or Malay headscarf, the tudung. The Qur'an does not mandate or mention Hijab at all. In the Jewish and Arab tradition, headscarves are normally used by both men and women and also in some parts of other countries. Women may used them for privacy or modesty, but headscarves are used primarily for protection from the environment.

Absolutely. That's why I said that [wearing the] "the hijab is at most the symptom of the increasing radicalization of Islam worldwide". Islam is on the retreat, and like any ideology in face of perceived or real threat it becomes reactionary and more fundamentalist. Hence the increasing outward piousness in Muslim societies worldwide, which piousness has nothing to do with real religion or spirituality.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Absolutely. That's why I said that [wearing the] "the hijab is at most the symptom of the increasing radicalization of Islam worldwide". Islam is on the retreat, and like any ideology in face of perceived or real threat it becomes reactionary and more fundamentalist. Hence the increasing outward piousness in Muslim societies worldwide, which piousness has nothing to do with real religion or spirituality.

Yes I do agree with your views. I know a Malaysian Malay businesswoman who has an important client which is Petronas. She is a very pretty lady and only wears the tudung if she has to meet her clients in Petronas or in a few companies that frowns on Muslim women who do not wear them. During our discussions, she admitted she hates wearing it, and who can blame her? By nature, women loves flaunting their looks or bodies especially those who have it.

The fugly ones prefer hiding theirs and would also want the better looking women to hide theirs. Perfectly natural human behaviour.

The fundamentalists and bigots are the ones pushing this agenda and attempting to make it mandatory and they are succeeding in Malaysia. Forget about Brunei as that country is already about to be a Taliban country, with 2 sets of laws.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is stopping you from wearing a turban.

Fair statement. Personally I have no issue with the hijab. The Sikhs have been wearing their turbans for the longest time, why the sudden double standard about the tudung?

If the concern is about Islamic terrorism, the hijab is at most the symptom of the increasing radicalization of Islam worldwide. Wearing the hijab does not lead to terrorism.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dunno why malays suddenly go headscarf crazy? 25yrs back, no minahs wear headdress, only macik put on a simple scarf when they go out while the only muslim women wear headscarf were those ladies who wear ninja suit aka cover everything type. This headscarf nonsense really only started the last 10-15yrs, when it become a fashion ie..peer pressure to wear one. are the malays really so religous in the first place as i still see many of them Q-ing at singapore pools to buy 4-D? my colleague wife also start on this headscarf nonsense, machiam kenna peer pressure by other muslim moms (pick up kids from school) so she also want to start but discourage by my colleague who remind her that wearing the hijab dun make a person reglious and threaten to dun buy 4-d for her if she start to wear one. lol...

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dunno why malays suddenly go headscarf crazy? 25yrs back, no minahs wear headdress, only macik put on a simple scarf when they go out while the only muslim women wear headscarf were those ladies who wear ninja suit aka cover everything type. This headscarf nonsense really only started the last 10-15yrs, when it become a fashion ie..peer pressure to wear one. are the malays really so religous in the first place as i still see many of them Q-ing at singapore pools to buy 4-D? my colleague wife also start on this headscarf nonsense, machiam kenna peer pressure by other muslim moms (pick up kids from school) so she also want to start but discourage by my colleague who remind her that wearing the hijab dun make a person reglious and threaten to dun buy 4-d for her if she start to wear one. lol...

It's not just the headscarf, but also the baju. Back in the '60s & '70s most Malay women (teachers included) would wear their fitted baju kurung to work, usually without the tudung (selendang).

Today it seems that even the baju kurung is deemed haram, and minahs are all wearing loose-fitting Arab-style shifts (abaya) with the tudung.

It's religious fundamentalism that's poisoning Islam today. And religiosity is obfuscated with adopting Arabic modes and forms of culture: dress, language, rituals, etc. It's not enough to practise the religion; one must also abandon his native language and culture and be Arabised to be considered a devout, pious Muslim. Most other religions make a clear distinction between race/culture and religion.

Sad.

Merklynn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the whole damn world knows this hijab is just a start.

You gave Sikhs the turban, it will stop there.

You give muslims the hijab, they will think of what is next to ask for. Islam public toilet, islam mrt carriage, islam movie theatre? no end to this islam rubbish entitlement demands :kma:

Islamic Banking & Investment products.:*:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this hijab thing is just a fashion statement.. Tell me how many Minahs that wear the tudungs do their daily 5 times prayers? My wife got few Minah staff not wearing the tudung.. They themselves told me it's some sort of a fashion trend nowadays to wear the tudungs among the Minahs age ranging from 20+ to their early 40s.. 10 years back, they considered it old fashion to wear these kind of headgear.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one of the few good things pap did.

Malays have special privileges as dictated in article 152 of Singapore constitution. But they were dispersed all over the island in a PAP designed ethnic cleansing of Malay majority areas, thus have no voice in parliament except the ones selected by PAP. Their kampung lands were acquired to make HDB flats and populated by others.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All this hijab thing is just a fashion statement.. Tell me how many Minahs that wear the tudungs do their daily 5 times prayers? My wife got few Minah staff not wearing the tudung.. They themselves told me it's some sort of a fashion trend nowadays to wear the tudungs among the Minahs age ranging from 20+ to their early 40s.. 10 years back, they considered it old fashion to wear these kind of headgear.

How's your health bro? Did you get a checkup in Singapore?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Circumcision coming , standby :biggrin:
Change of surname coming , standby :eek:
At least you get a burial ground when you passed on :p
No bacon for breakfast that's for sure :rolleyes:
Your friends and relatives will shun you :oIo:

A classic case of little head ruling the big head :wink:

A mousetrap well and true
The bait is a smelly hole coated with glue

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read and you will realize that is how Malay are...you will give and give and they will take and take. The guy have to give in and change all aspect of his life but the Minah just do nothing...

You can expect the same from the Malay in other aspect of life. They are asking for more rights over other races (Article 152 & 153), Hijab (in uniform groups), special treatment (illegal parking on Fridays), more subsidy in education, more subsidy in welfare, more Malay students in Uni, more Islamic education, etc.

I see you like to mind other ppls business. They happy why is it of concern to you ah pui!
Just mind your own fucking business and you'll be a lot happier.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How's your health bro? Did you get a checkup in Singapore?

Thanks for your concern.. Did a thorough check at my company's doctor on Monday.. Had a minor chest infection and was told to cut down on smoking.. Gave me strong antibiotics and MC this week.. Doctor said my long time anxiety problem also played part in me fearing the worst.. Will be going back to Malaysia at the end of this week..