• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A stigma truly exists against graduates from most Australian universities

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Group of 8 unis are reputable. If u enrol into any other uni, u are super fucked.
go8_web_lower_banner.jpg
An A-level student, who couldn't get into any of the local universities because of his poor result (RP60) was accepted into Australian National University. He was also given offers from UNSW and UWA, though he went to ANU. His parents sold their EM and down graded to a 3 room HDB to fund his education. He has been looking for a job since 2017 upon graduation / returning. No driving licence so no Grab/Uber. Poor parents. Father a retiree is my kopitiam kaki back in Singapore.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An A-level student, who couldn't get into any of the local universities because of his poor result (RP60) was accepted into Australian National University. He was also given offers from UNSW and UWA, though he went to ANU. His parents sold their EM and down graded to a 3 room HDB to fund his education. He has been looking for a job since 2017 upon graduation / returning. No driving licence so no Grab/Uber. Poor parents. Father a retiree is my kopitiam kaki back in Singapore.

His parents invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into their son's education so that he can get a $3000 a month job? He would take at least 10 years to pay back his parents if they treated it as a loan. I assume that he's an only child? The parents would be too broke to sponsor a second child for a similar education route.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
His parents invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into their son's education so that he can get a $3000 a month job? He would take at least 10 years to pay back his parents if they treated it as a loan. I assume that he's an only child? The parents would be too broke to sponsor a second child for a similar education route.

Fuck u! Where the hell is he gonna find a $3k job using a useless degree? Which moron is going to pay good money for bad honey? haha

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck u! Where the hell is he gonna find a $3k job using a useless degree? Which moron is going to pay good money for bad honey? haha

Thousands of sinkies have sent their kids to study in Australia every year. Are they morons for paying good money for bad honey?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many gong cheebyes go to Workers Party rallies. Does that mean they are intelligent?

They are either retards or devious bastard who are egging on the clueless WP to waste more time and money fighting the PAP. Most of the people at the WP rallies are either non-voters in that contested ward, or have no intentions of voting for oppies in the first place. They just want to egg on the WP for entertainment.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thousands of sinkies have sent their kids to study in Australia every year. Are they morons for paying good money for bad honey?

It is worthwhile if their children don't come back. ANZ still welcomes Singaporeans. Many ANZ cities are good places to raise kids, eg Perth, Adelaide, etc

Easy to qualify for PR after graduation, enjoy the social welfare and the grand kids get to enjoy ultra high subsidy in education.
Better job prospects if they don't return to SG.

PS: UNSW provides bond-free scholarship for the top 2 students of each diploma course from all polytechnics in Singapore.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Graduate from the undisputed No. 1 University in Australia driving Uber and consigning his parents to a 3-room HDB?

STIHUIj.png

Last edited:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I got a place of offer. However, despite my grades of a 4.45/5 and my experience in my field of work, NTU did not grant me a scholarship. Disappointed that my country did not recognize my efforts I decided that Id rather do my PhD overseas as I also got an offer with AUT and Latrobe. I took up AUT and now I have a scholarship from AUT. Happy that I got the scholarship, but sad that NTU did not believe in my thesis. Missed out an opportunity to work with prof Liew Kai Khiun and prof pang. I would like to thank prof Kalinga Seneviratne for all the support and advice and also prof Arun.

“Currently, my supervisor is prof VJ from AUT and my secondary supervisor is prof Rufus. Am so happy that these gentlemen are guiding me. Thanks gentlemen for hand holding and guiding me through.”

http://www.theindependent.sg/ntu-re...ication-compelling-her-to-do-her-phd-overseas

AUT - Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
Latrobe - La Trobe University Melbourne Victoria Australia