• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very good morning

IMG_20180517_073056.jpg

IMG_20180517_073031.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So from Monday to yesterday was staying at Swisshotel Le Concorde, its old but facilities and upkeep is pretty good for a old hotel. Here are some photos

The pool area
QQbuMBy.jpg

ORtlLSL.jpg

ieTlFyF.jpg

b1NfMaq.jpg

breakfast
s1obfPR.jpg

1FKZfHd.jpg

ThPiswU.jpg

ZATdRJJ.jpg

vsfCI7c.jpg

V8N8xoZ.jpg

WQ00Dg9.jpg

nb3Gm5x.jpg

Boiled rice
Q8j2DCb.jpg

Rb4oqWw.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yesterday game at Siam Country Club Waterside in Chonburi yesterday, beautiful course

Clubhouse
oVlcHIa.jpg

First time I see each rest area serving many types of beer and sake and sochio
WC7j2lp.jpg

Amazingly beautiful
LwVKwCU.jpg

gUOYTMF.jpg

SXNEqgn.jpg

hLiZgjf.jpg

8i4Nm8O.jpg

6fI8VAB.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pullman hotel in Pattaya is a pretty good hotel although the location could be a little off. Located in North Pattaya it has its own beach front connected by its pool area.

Lobby
Ov4OMvM.jpg

cE7KwLi.jpg

j8Gtj4x.jpg

oDMjXuS.jpg

q3JhaRK.jpg

Looking down at night from my room is the pool and restaurant
1JamhbB.jpg

9UkoaC3.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last night the hotel have a Spanish buffet event but we prefer to have freshly cooked Thai food.

The restaurant indoor dining and kitchen
DSexEid.jpg

7gGqq8K.jpg

Outdoor
I14LQUM.jpg

Yam salad
RKtkVpb.jpg

Soft shell crab deep fried
109cVqy.jpg

Deep dried chicken wings
fgccJY2.jpg

Tomyam and currys
9s8WrLx.jpg

Thai green curry
jhSJilP.jpg

Red curry
G3jzcCq.jpg

Stir fry mixed vegetables
xO4Rn6b.jpg

Glass noodles in claypot with prawns
9s8WrLx.jpg

Mixed around
a418G28.jpg

Pineapple rice
jdzSBti.jpg

pvQf10T.jpg

Dessert - sticky rice mango
Pdks1z3.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pullman hotel in Pattaya is a pretty good hotel although the location could be a little off. Located in North Pattaya it has its own beach front connected by its pool area.

Lobby
Ov4OMvM.jpg

cE7KwLi.jpg

j8Gtj4x.jpg

oDMjXuS.jpg

q3JhaRK.jpg

Looking down at night from my room is the pool and restaurant
1JamhbB.jpg

9UkoaC3.jpg
Where is the torn lingerie ?

oDMjXuS.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Visitor from Indonesia so first meal must Thai food and non other better than Nathong

d473CBr.jpg

tp7V2vD.jpg

a10FagC.jpg

Preparing the drinks
cK7gDUU.jpg

rT0xu40.jpg

Groupa tomyam
LkDNMk5.jpg

Seabass with fish sauce
GTmjEzR.jpg

Yam mushrooms salad
Q7tAx1s.jpg

Stir fry vegetables
fEXbpPo.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Glass noodle with prawns
GwHIUbq.jpg

Fish cake
Z59xK9s.jpg

Steamed crab
pdEMj9n.jpg

lE0GLM3.jpg

This dish is known as "Gai Sam Yang" (literally 3 types of chicken), but then there is no chicken inside instead its made up of (anti-clockwise from the top) - dried shrimps; peanuts; shallots; lemon grass; cut Thai lime; cubes of raw ginger and the middle is green chili

xNmaIYS.jpg

Supposed to mix them all up

R6iR3aS.jpg

And finally this is a great dish with alcohol especially whiskey and soda mix

wAt2bfZ.jpg

Dessert
oZAlbNr.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy, you live well.
As for Concorde, I stayed once in 2003. Too close to arb nuat places:biggrin:
My 1st initiation to LOS was JW Marriot (didn’t know of Nana across other soi, jing):p. Next visit was old Hilton Na Lai Perk at Wireless.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Froggy, you live well.
My 1st initiation to LOS was JW Marriot (didn’t know of Nana across other soi, jing):p. Next visit was old Hilton Na Lai Perk at Wireless.

I never realised all it took to live the high life was to sell screws. I spent my whole life trying to make and sell hi tech stuff and never made enough to eat out.

My idea of a good meal is a trip to burger king.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy, you live well.

Brother [froggy] appears to live a very varied and full life,
with travels, assorted meals and fine dining, vintage wine, wine, and beverages.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gents, any good to try Priority Pass (lane)? Short circuit Q and sinkie lane mishaps.
Tried once (without it), and the bitch at counter gave me a bollacking (show power to her superior) kns.
Criteria?
My modus operandi, is to hit the senior citizens/family Q (I probably look it, and plead innocence)

I use the Priority line when I enter or leave. It's available at BKK and also DMK (at least entering, I'm sure about when leaving because I've not as yet flown international from DMK).

You can use it if you're flying business class (many airlines, not all I think. With TG, you just use your boarding pass). Airline will give you a paper pass either onboard (arriving) or at check-in (departing). Immigration officer will collect pass (may times they do not), if departing, there is a line checker who checks for pass. Another way to gain entry is if you have an APEC Business Travel Card.

A big time saver if you can use it. At BKK, from deplaning, through the long walk or shuttle bus ride, to curbside takes me around 20 minutes. The reverse also just as quick.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9680F4C9-CF58-40D9-ADF8-815E92FF2FC2.png
good morning. this is what i would regard as perfect weather for the weekend and next week. median temp of 69-degree f. 106th anniversary of bay to breakers on sunday!

another bowl of homemade curry chap chai with quinoa to prepare for run.
aJXkGaqWQ8OxwszhR8Uiiw.jpg

Fow3CKyoR3SxbvlqRAUDlg.jpg

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest oil price
7B7B8945-1E92-4047-B57B-46A09C82665E_zpsghjvwnlo.jpg

To everyone in this forum, this not a problem. But to 95% of siam kias who live day to day, including me, this is a very big problem. Knnbccb, everything keep increasing. Now roadside normal chicken rice also charge 50 baht. Add egg 60 baht. Curry rice also 50 baht. Ho Deng Pork noodle also 45 and 55 baht.

Paiseh to say, life is definitely hard for the most of the siam kias. With everything so expensive, even take home 20,000 baht also barely enough to survive.

Last edited: