• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the way now. Immigration auto gate for Sinkies want to gkeng, turn the notice directing sinkies to auto gate around and try to mislead sinkies to join the long foreigner queue. limpeh san san showed them my red passport and insisted on using the auto gate. The China tour group see until lao Hao Sui.
Saw the autogate at Nong Khai. After passing the gate, there is one immigration officer sitting there to chop the passport, dio boh?

Edit: understand this autogate only for the normal visa exempt 30 days visit. Any other visa, including Non B, Non O, and Tourist Visas still must join the ah tiong crowds at the normal immigration queue.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Le Concorde Swissotel

IMG_20180516_073644.jpg

IMG_20180516_073748.jpg

IMG_20180516_073428.jpg

IMG_20180516_074356.jpg

IMG_20180516_073723.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw the autogate at Nong Khai. After passing the gate, there is one immigration officer sitting there to chop the passport, dio boh?

Edit: understand this autogate only for the normal visa exempt 30 days visit. Any other visa, including Non B, Non O, and Tourist Visas still must join the ah tiong crowds at the normal immigration queue.
Yes, only for visa exempt. But not having to join Ah Tiong in the queue, very shiok.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gents, any good to try Priority Pass (lane)? Short circuit Q and sinkie lane mishaps.
Tried once (without it), and the bitch at counter gave me a bollacking (show power to her superior) kns.
Criteria?
My modus operandi, is to hit the senior citizens/family Q (I probably look it, and plead innocence)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have fast track lobang for a small fee for those who want to skip the notorious slow and long queues at suvarnhabhumi or don muang.

Only for those never kenna blacklist and also certain countries dont qualify. Sinkies can.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Revise weather forecast! Pattaya weather is now 3xSahara desert! Beri beri beri hot!

Today beri free go jalan jalan. First stop Pattaya indoor stadium. There is a furniture and food fair there until 20 May.
Nothing much of interest.

Eastern National Sports Centre
304/1 Moo 9 Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
https://goo.gl/maps/vtUvSuVPx6s

After that go Na Jomtien jalan jalan.

Go check out some nice hotels.

The famous glass house. Good view, nice atmosphere, good collection of wines, everything good except food so so imo. But good to sian zhabor.

Have some jungle nearby

This one highly recommended by my neighbour. Told me can jump into the sea from window (exaggerate lah, what she meant just metres from the beach). Looks good, maybe next time I bring my unofficial vege here (if today kenna lottery)

Sense by the sea. 555. Thanks my sinkie kaki and partner for the great evening here few months back. Hope you zho gang shun shun and see you soon.
Sense of the sea
Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150
092 857 0045
https://goo.gl/maps/s2Pr5iNw16E2

KP seaview. There is a dim sum restaurant just in front of KP Seaview.

KP Seaview Jomtien Hotel
122 หมู่ที่ 1 ถนนจอมเทียนสาย 1 ตำบล นาจอมเทียน อำเภอ สัตหีบ จังหวัด ชลบุรี 20250 122 moo 1 Jomtien sai 1 road Najomtien Sattahip Chonburi 20250 สัตหีบ Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20250
038 706 028
https://goo.gl/maps/fxbpn1MLVYp

Jomtien Beach

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one highly recommended by my neighbour. Told me can jump into the sea from window (exaggerate lah, what she meant just metres from the beach). Looks good, maybe next time I bring my unofficial vege here (if today kenna lottery)
Paiseh to inform vege that investment kena makan.Looks like vege have to wait for another 2 weeks to see if got strike lottery before can come this hotel open room.

Almost kenna 20,000!! thought print salah because 3 is machiam 8 cut into 2 halves. Meanwhile, vege have to put up with the hard wooden bed with lots of noise when doing exercise.

Edit: not only government ticket kenna makan. Underground one also kenna makan.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh to inform vege that investment kena makan.Looks like vege have to wait for another 2 weeks to see if got strike lottery before can come this hotel open room.
Almost kenna 20,000!! thought print salah because 3 is machiam 8 cut into 2 halves. Meanwhile, vege have to put up with the hard wooden bed with lots of noise when doing exercise.
My sympathies, Chon. We all need to make do under the circumstanceso_O:wink:
Better than hard cement ...ooops, excuse the pun:biggrin:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Edit: not only government ticket kenna makan. Underground one also kenna makan.
This one you will Arm DUI but Froggy will say Arm Chio.

max90

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all and fellow resident Froggy! I’ve been following this thread for some time now and to be exact on the timelines it was around 2011-2012 when i chanced upon this thread as a NSF.

Since then, I’ve been following recommendations by seasoned samsters here whenever I’m in Bangkok.

Cliche as it sounds, the love for Bangkok started with a thai lady whom I dated for a fair bit in early 2012 and that interest extended out to the rest of the country with me travelling solo from Danok to Chiang mai. Looking back today, I still feel there is so much to learn about the culture and environment

These days being the city boy I am, I travel to Bangkok whenever my schedule permits. It’s mostly solo trips and sometimes with old local friends popping by to say hi :wink:

Hope to acquaint with the guys here and provide inputs wherever I can. I’m definitely not at the level where most of you guys at right now yet will be more than happy to learn and share wherever required.

Cheers,

P.s. Peppe’s a really great guy to chat with!

D99EF488-7719-44AC-91D7-8E8254A31495.jpeg
6994DAE7-F397-44BC-B62A-8DF5285092FD.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi all and fellow resident Froggy! I’ve been following this thread for some time now and to be exact on the timelines it was around 2011-2012 when i chanced upon this thread as a NSF.

Since then, I’ve been following recommendations by seasoned samsters here whenever I’m in Bangkok.

Cliche as it sounds, the love for Bangkok started with a thai lady whom I dated for a fair bit in early 2012 and that interest extended out to the rest of the country with me travelling solo from Danok to Chiang mai. Looking back today, I still feel there is so much to learn about the culture and environment

These days being the city boy I am, I travel to Bangkok whenever my schedule permits. It’s mostly solo trips and sometimes with old local friends popping by to say hi :wink:

Hope to acquaint with the guys here and provide inputs wherever I can. I’m definitely not at the level where most of you guys at right now yet will be more than happy to learn and share wherever required.

Cheers,

P.s. Peppe’s a really great guy to chat with!

Welcome to this thread @max90

Thank you for contribution here and your kind words of compliment. Do come in here often to post and chat with us. We're looking forward your contribution here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wanna share a few interesting photos of golf on Tuesday at Panya Indra Golf Club in the heart of Bangkok

eAc6OAd.jpg

2Bm2Qz1.jpg

eCewv8e.jpg

UJlr1Za.jpg

Every rest point has beer served
qdr0mry.jpg

NTMjzSC.jpg

mAde8tH.jpg

TGIGDiR.jpg

6eb59zO.jpg

0Jbtsh2.jpg

r4855m2.jpg

Xrk24Ho.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After game brought guests to Peppe's

Anchovies
mJkPIWh.jpg

Rocket
TZLSEmL.jpg

Cold cuts
S02Evgw.jpg

Portobello
uO2SCJi.jpg

Home made sausage
sabvrnI.jpg

j2ub830.jpg

Beautiful wagyu cut
K5ipJHJ.jpg

Simple yet juicy
euMI2lP.jpg

Lobster with angel hair
xF1vbL0.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually vege also not too crazy about hotels.

Just want to give vege a small reward for helping out during the low period. Not easy to find zhabor to work under the hot sun selling Issan Moo yor sausage when vege can relax in the aircon apartment. Sausage also quite heavy as have to carry them around and board the tour buses.

Even if no strike lottery, will still try to bring vege for short holiday, hopefully by this month end.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays, go out must check “traffic updates” (mata road blocks) in fb first. Soi Bong Kot now have mata roadblocks. At this hour means big one, not just check helmet or driving license one.

This Soi Bong Kot is a shortcut to connect Soi Kor Pai to both Third road and Pattaya Klang. Use this soi very often.

Dropped Pin
near Bong Koch 8, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
https://goo.gl/maps/YNWsjhSBmpx