• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe got a surprise sms from a bro who is on the way here.. also a bottle of mcalan.:smile: hehehehe. that is the real 忘情水

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old liaoz. can only do this much. close shop and take a short nap first.

20130501_164315_zps29a093d6.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gam siah to the bro who brought the bak kua and bottle of mcallan. long time no taste good whisky liaoz.

have a meeting at 9:30 am and after that, will spend the day in bang saray beach without my phone. sianz, whole day checking the phone very torturing.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spend the day in bang saray beach without my phone. sianz, whole day checking the phone very torturing.
Nice dinner with great company (with other sinkie) at Moon Aroi, and night cap at your joint. 1st time for me, can load up his motorbike up the songtaew. And ride 2 pillion on motorsai taxi.

Don't torture yourself anymore, make YOUR move and call her la. Whoever blinks 1st mah. Then you know where you stand, not guessing. Chok dee

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st time for me, can load up his motorbike up the songtaew. And ride 2 pillion on motorsai taxi.
Don't torture yourself anymore, make YOUR move and call her la. Whoever blinks 1st mah. Then you know where you stand, not guessing. Chok dee

Putting a motorbike on top of songthaew - I've seen these many times in the villages esp. when going from one town to another. 2-3 guys will lift and tie the bike securely on top. Since this is friendly country, often times, passengers will help too. All sorts of things go up on top - I've seen sewing machines, kitchen sinks, even a toilet bowl once. Of course Pattaya is not a village so unusual sight maybe.

2 pillion on motosai - I've done this a few times esp in Pattaya. Cannot be 2 guys though haha and hopefully the lady is "selim selim". In the villages,common to see entire families (with shopping) on one motobike - father, mother + 2 kids. They put their shopping on special carriers in front or just hang from handlebars. Scary to watch but TIT.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(Probably) the best fish and chips I've had for a long while. In-house promo by hotel, fresh catch with great batter.

DC937F73-13DC-4AFB-93EF-AE7E9CAEBAE9-348-00000086DD5FDB7D_zpsdacdd162.jpg

And Starbucks latest on green tea frappe with red bean (sorry 50% mot liao as the mercury hitting high 39.) and mocha frappe cookie boosted

CEA4D408-FB30-4463-BA87-F9DE24C436D3-348-000000870247DFE2_zps960d4744.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where u are staying now is a gem. hehehe. dont pichar lobang hor. just got back from bang saray. have an apointment at 6. will finish before 7. lets me for dinner if you are available. :smile:

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where u are staying now is a gem. hehehe. dont pichar lobang hor...lets me for dinner if you are available. :smile:
Page 10 is a boutquish hotel, convenient on 2nd road (5 mins walk to Central Festival). Going now for thb1.7k incl not bad buffet bf. High season going for 2.3k. Kns, got this LB receptionist with super duper service (I mean check-in last evening hor):o

Not faintest idea where to makan. Let's do some pints too hehe. Buzz you in 5

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Page 10 is a boutquish hotel, convenient on 2nd road (5 mins walk to Central Festival). Going now for thb1.7k incl not bad buffet bf. High season going for 2.3k. Kns, got this LB receptionist with super duper service (I mean check-in last evening hor):o

wah lan eh. now u pichar lobang liaoz. next time cannot get a room dont blame me hor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Clock shown here in bedroom showing time is 5 10pm just half a hour ago I took this

rps20130502_172837.jpg

Look closer the temperature in room

rps20130502_173131.jpg

35.7degC yes and can you imagine what's outside?

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clock shown here in bedroom showing time is 5 10pm. Look closer the temperature in r
35.7degC yes and can you imagine what's outside?
Freaking hot in Patts too, mercury hitting 38/39 noon. Beat hasty retreat from Central late morning, as not open till 1100.

PS: Pmed you liao on my whereabouts

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No idea where my maid learn this, deep fried tilapia, sauce is made with parsley roots, garlic, small chilli with a dash of lime. Very shiok! Soup is tomyam chicken.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hello brother [joetys],

the fish looks delicious, but if it is not deep fried, it would be better for me.

Tilapia can be not deep fried but simply steamed. However because its a fresh water fish a lot of herbs and spices will help to cover the fishy smell so in Thailand this is not a problem with the famous Thai herbs, lemongrass crushed and stuffed inside the fish will be great.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, page 10 is a very nice hotel, and new too. when i went to patt last yr, page 10 was still renovating/not open to public. thats why i settle for see me spring 2, which is in front of page 10.. both are at soi 10 (or is it 12?)

this round, actually i'm going back see me spring 2, but after looking at ur photos, i might consider changing hotel :smile:

keiizumi

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, page 10 is a very nice hotel, and new too. when i went to patt last yr, page 10 was still renovating/not open to public. thats why i settle for see me spring 2, which is in front of page 10.. both are at soi 10 (or is it 12?)

this round, actually i'm going back see me spring 2, but after looking at ur photos, i might consider changing hotel :smile:

Ho Seh liao... Hotel for next trip decided!