• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another special occasion for celebration tonight.
Goes very well with the dozen French oysters that restaurant brings in every 2 days
That's quite some zinc nutrition you put under your belt. Hope you put same to good use +5555 :p

ypres said:
Leo is for lower class people?
Let's just say Leo's popular with the masses. Very affordable (can't remember el cheapo price). Only thing, I hear they put plenty of "additives" (like perservatives). Chon kaew:wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was distracted by the battles being waged in the forum last night reading them till I feel asleep.

Dinner main course was mackerel pan fried then with white wine sauce

CFDAC5DB-759C-425F-91B6-DF45DE531148-5126-000000DCFD9DECDA.jpg

Dessert is French classic creme brûlée with a Thai twist, in a small pineapple

C545BC59-E282-44B9-8F83-3753C8039C16-5126-000000DCF9277013.jpg

482BFD8F-6CE3-40C1-A6D1-9ADF5F26DA64-5126-000000DCF2DBFB1F.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like china beer like Yuan Jing and Harbin. For jap beer Yebisu and Sapporo. Is true that Leo is for lower class people?

hehehe. yan jing and ha pi is good. take 10 yuan can buy many bottle. still got change some more when return return empty bottles. think i can go hainan for retirement liaoz.

leo is a brand by singha to counter attack chang beer. used to be a lo so beer but became very popular. the most popular drink in my kopitiam. scond is chang follow by singha.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Foodland Ramintra. Love to sit at the bar and see the cooks in the open kitchen

7B6F3BDE-683E-4468-89E4-0C4E5AE9C7F1-6319-000001175A131935.jpg

This morning's breakfast bak-mee-krop-ratna-moo it's basically our tze-char sang-meen with pork

14DF3CFC-AD84-4671-B977-734C49CA4B3E-5126-00000110539B15FF.jpg

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good morning Pi Chon,

I want to dedicate one of my lifetime bestest song to you and the bros here.
I have listen to 徐小凤 since I was a kid and this song has always motivate me to pick myself up when I'm down.
I really respect your entrepreneur spirit in a foreign land and have done well despite the hardships and difficult situations
that you have went thru.
I wish you good luck, good health, and more good business to come.
I look forward to pay my respect to you by this year end as I have to spent more time in Chiangmai with my teerak.
I hope you and bros will chorp chorp this song hor.

徐小凤 - 每一步

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c0-j38tp2XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good morning Pi Chon,

I have listen to 徐小凤 since I was a kid and this song has always motivate me to pick myself up when I'm down.
I really respect your entrepreneur spirit in a foreign land and have done well despite the hardships and difficult situations
that you have went thru.
I look forward to pay my respect to you by this year end as I have to spent more time in Chiangmai with my teerak.

徐小凤 - 每一步

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c0-j38tp2XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ORRRRR Pi Chon got admirer already. :biggrin:

Welcome ZenRyder, there's another 'big brother' you have to pay homage to as well to make sure that you have a 'trouble free' stay in LOS. :biggrin:

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
ORRRRR Pi Chon got admirer already. :biggrin:

Welcome ZenRyder, there's another 'big brother' you have to pay homage to as well to make sure that you have a 'trouble free' stay in LOS. :biggrin:

Hello Pi Jlokta, thank you. I have learn and pick up many useful informations about Thailand from this thread with the most contributions from big brothers Pi Joetys and Pi Chon. Both have earned my deepest respect.
I'm from the old cantonese school so I also dedicate another one of my lifetime bestest song from 郑少秋 to Pi Joetys, Pi Chon and all bros in Thailand thread. A very motivating and inspiring song, hope all bros will like it ya.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R41k0FtH960" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I may have missed this but what restaurant was this and what were prices like generally?

Here you go buddy. Wine is inexpensive here. Food is 100% French cooked by French aalso inexpensive. Like the dozen oysters imported from France every two days its it 1200 baht. Each plate of foie gras is less than 600 baht most places is 750 baht.

null-1413.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just finished lunch at Fuji.

Thought these salad and the fish looks nice

506C5F59-218E-4F75-968B-DD4EBF8281E8-8041-0000016F9EF8F506.jpg

Avocado salad

6E48047E-9ACD-420A-AA42-A042E00DBBDC-8041-00000170A5DB235B.jpg

Mushroom salad

CE404E88-F40B-487F-9334-49692758A7A3-8041-00000170C0486608.jpg

Tuna salad

4DAA661E-DEF5-4813-AF0B-797EA573B9E8-8041-000001725D1B3706.jpg

Tuna fish head

FC5CACF7-7340-4CFE-B189-46B20F33A40B-8041-000001723AB7C288.jpg

Closed up

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, I read a novel about panzergrenadier and thought it was a cool nick 'cos I was in a Panzer unit during full-time NS. :-)

sorry, i need to correct you. unless your NS unit use the centurion mbt (not likely) or now the Leo2, then can consider panzer unit. a panzer battalion consist mainly of tanks, with small number of panzergrenadiers in it. if u Ultra/bionix AI trooper then you are a panzergrenadier in a panzergrenadier battalion.

since u like panzergrenadier then why nick only panzer? i doubt anyone here "chopped" this nick.

Sd.Kfz. 251 Schützenpanzerwagen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Berlin,_Unter_den_Linden,_Schützenpanzer.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning Pi Chon,

that you have went thru.

徐小凤 - 每一步

hehehe. thanks for the choi siu fong song. me also from old school. i play 80s-90s canto/hokkien/mandarin songs at my kopitiam on every sunday.

paiseh paiseh, on the entrepreneur thing, really paiseh, cos' all along, i never really work hard lah. just invest and let the professionals run the show. however this kopitiam a little different, work really hard. never have i work so hard in my entire life. :( before i open this kopitiam, really kiao kar yeo lampar. but open liaoz just cheong liaoz.

also lucky to met a few helpful friends, including some from this forum who give me solid advices.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was in chonburi city this morning for a charity event, another of those 'need to go show support' events. no choice, sianz also have to go.

actually, i no problem lah. just that had to go in formal attire. this one i really sianz. prefer to be in shorts and tee shirt at my kopitiam.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry, i need to correct you. unless your NS unit use the centurion mbt (not likely) or now the Leo2, then can consider panzer unit. a panzer battalion consist mainly of tanks, with small number of panzergrenadiers in it. if u Ultra/bionix AI trooper then you are a panzergrenadier in a panzergrenadier battalion.

since u like panzergrenadier then why nick only panzer? i doubt anyone here "chopped" this nick.

Sd.Kfz. 251 Schützenpanzerwagen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Berlin,_Unter_den_Linden,_Schützenpanzer.jpg

Bro sleaguepunter

I stand corrected. Yes, technically speaking I was in an armoured unit consisting mainly AFVs with Tank platoons, so that doesn't qualify as a pure Panzer battalion.

As to why the shortened nick, it's because I'm too lazy to type panzergrenadier for every login and I usually log-out after forum sessions ;-)

khorp khun khrap

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
was in chonburi city this morning for a charity event, another of those 'need to go show support' events. no choice, sianz also have to go.

actually, i no problem lah. just that had to go in formal attire. this one i really sianz. prefer to be in shorts and tee shirt at my kopitiam.

Bro chon

Clothes maketh the man, i.e. sometimes dress up a bit to show the part as a towkay is part and parcel of social life :-)

Remember reading before a novel where the character was a member of royalty, he said how people recognise him as royalty was how he carried himself and the clothes he wore... :-)

:-)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro chon

Clothes maketh the man, i.e. sometimes dress up a bit to show the part as a towkay is part and parcel of social life :-)

Remember reading before a novel where the character was a member of royalty, he said how people recognise him as royalty was how he carried himself and the clothes he wore... :-)

:-)
hehehe. actually at my age, doesnt really matter. also good cos' by dressing sloppishly, straightaway filter out many undesirable elements eg. those who judge others based on appearance thanks tee gong, so far so good.

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehehe. thanks for the choi siu fong song. me also from old school. i play 80s-90s canto/hokkien/mandarin songs at my kopitiam on every sunday.

paiseh paiseh, on the entrepreneur thing, really paiseh, cos' all along, i never really work hard lah. just invest and let the professionals run the show. however this kopitiam a little different, work really hard. never have i work so hard in my entire life. :( before i open this kopitiam, really kiao kar yeo lampar. but open liaoz just cheong liaoz.

also lucky to met a few helpful friends, including some from this forum who give me solid advices.

Hehehe...Pi Chon glad you like the old song. Since you only play 80s-90s canto/hokkien/mandarin songs every sunday, then what genre kind of song do you play from Monday to Saturday at your Kopitiam har?

Pi, from Aug to Oct which month is the best time to visit Pataya and lar kopi at your kopitiam har?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe...Pi Chon glad you like the old song. Since you only play 80s-90s canto/hokkien/mandarin songs every sunday, then what genre kind of song do you play from Monday to Saturday at your Kopitiam har?

Pi, from Aug to Oct which month is the best time to visit Pataya and lar kopi at your kopitiam har?
hehehe. i play a mixture of local, ang moh and some instrumentals, mainly guitar and piano light music.

hehehe. aug to oct just nice rainy season but i have indoor area. anyway, i intend ti do a retractable roof soon. still prefer outdoor. :smile:

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehehe. i play a mixture of local, ang moh and some instrumentals, mainly guitar and piano light music.

hehehe. aug to oct just nice rainy season but i have indoor area. anyway, i intend ti do a retractable roof soon. still prefer outdoor. :smile:

hehehe...like that I think your kopitiam must be quite a romantic place na. Ok since you will have a retractable roof installed soon then I can plan to visit you in Sep or Oct and then shoot up to C.M in Nov for Loy Krathon.
Hehehe...maybe by then you also have live band in your kopitiam too ya, the "Xin yao" style.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe...like that I think your kopitiam must be quite a romantic place na. Ok since you will have a retractable roof installed soon then I can plan to visit you in Sep or Oct and then shoot up to C.M in Nov for Loy Krathon.
Hehehe...maybe by then you also have live band in your kopitiam too ya, the "Xin yao" style.
hehehe. how u know? really.romantic lah, as visited by the bros who give me many face. i actually want to maintain as it is. romantic yet mysterious. profit or loss never mind.