• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Despite the fact that Bird is very open about himself being gay many women overseas are still crazy with him.

I salute him for his longevity in the entertainment scene.......when i started chiong thailand as young man he was already a superstar.........he is still the superstar today while others came and gone.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I salute him for his longevity in the entertainment scene.......when i started chiong thailand as young man he was already a superstar
Still very fit, prancing around in his vids ..and looking good. Hear he's on regular botox fix. Now, you still young at heart? :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still very fit, prancing around in his vids ..and looking good. Hear he's on regular botox fix. Now, you still young at heart? :p
yes young at heart........every birthday i console myself that i am only as old as my heart feels. the ages have also been kind to me though nowhere near Bird's standard.......usually sao saos tell me i look 5-6 years younger than my actual age :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This song by Thai sexy singer Tata Young dedicated to you Jah I'm sure you'll like it, came across this in Poseidon yesterday.

so the whole point of the song is that people still tell lies despite the fact that they swear in the name of buddha like literally putting a buddha amulet into their mouths not to lie hence the song means that ppl still tell lies to their lovers even though they swear not to do so in the name of their religion? I put in the lover bit cos most thai songs mostly focus on love.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got the hots for Prik Thai (after her hit Rak Sam Sao) :p:biggrin:

[video=youtube;W6JOGX9Oq2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6JOGX9Oq2Q[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tata Young's answer to Rak Sam Sao would be this song..........
Sonehow Tata is not that well-liked generally........because she is too angmo and dun behave like a thai.......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_YLqvob9FPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, I want to share this nice pop song but I am not familiar with the singer or the song title.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gy-AiZ-u1_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just arrived in Khon Kaen. Flight was overbooked so was upgraded to business, lucky.

07B039E7-7217-4516-AC9A-8DB0ED8C7836-27365-0000058CCFD5759E.jpg

its a 45 mins only flight but food not bad, would have been given a box containing a cup of orange juice, a cold sandwich and a cup of jelly, not like this in business

4164A2D7-4597-444D-A5A3-78C1E9C3369E-27365-0000058CC7A452E5.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Many readers of this thread must have come across this word baannook or baan-nok or baan-nook. It means "country" as in countryside or kampong in a bad sense it is use the same way as we say someone is sua-gu (mountain tortoise). So if a Thai were to say pai-baan-nok he could mean going back kampong or say khun-baan-nook means he is sua-gu. Baan-nook can be use to describe something too like when a Thai sees this truck parked outside the airport that I took afew minutes ago the first word that comes out of his her mouth will be baan-nook.

8B588BAD-7477-4592-A21D-19DB28C3FA99-27365-00000592B626A031.jpg

What you see is a bamboo bed it seat typical in countryside it could be even place in the middle of the farm for farmer to sleepier rest while tending his field it flock. You find this in the country home too or outside the home under a tree. And with the other barang barang this who picture can be described as baan-nook. Nothing insulting. Or the guy who comes out of this truck we can call him Baan-nook too just because if this load of stuff. Ok others can also contribute on the meaning of the word baan-nook. Be careful with Bangkokians I mean the real original ones not those baan-nooks who bought their house in Bangkok and change house book - NEVER use this word on them, be warned.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So what is not baan-nook? Ok show you

1372DC8B-AFD8-41A6-90D0-B4C2DAE07BEF-27365-00000599500C87C5.jpg

Just arrived in Central Khon Kaen.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros, I want to share this nice pop song but I am not familiar with the singer or the song title.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gy-AiZ-u1_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ok, pae jai. pae means wound sign, jai means heart. literally means eounded heart.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok heres a not so recent fav. from clash. sound track taken from tv7 drama.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0wYmShhgKJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enjoy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paiseh forgot to add title. its call pa ti set mai wah rak ther.

pa ti set = reject
mai wa = no say
rak ther = love you

have to think in thai. donno how to (or too mao to think) translate to england.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok heres a song from bird tong chai that i really like to listen but forget the title. shud be something like 'yark yu ngiab ngiab know diow' translate direct means 'want to quiey quiet one person'.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just went to the market to buy tonight's dinner have a few baan-nook photos to show

Bought leaf filled with ants eggs from this lady, 50 baht. Will be using the eggs for some gaeng-khai-mod-daeng (literally curry-eggs-ants-red : red ants eggs curry)
9643424B-F9D2-4436-B9B4-94E8583A74DA-305-0000001BE864CCE7.jpg

This humourous old lady is very funny, you see its this type of scene that make your day, she sells herbs, ants eggs, mushrooms etc
E611046A-CFE2-49FE-8CFB-8240D8964FAA-305-0000001C235B0D8D.jpg

Fo those who had eaten somtam and wonders what's that smelly thing its this prara, basically fermented rotten fish sauce
6895B906-E558-4624-87CE-80B8A6389AF7-305-0000001C5BCB7F8A.jpg

A sotong and prawn seller - seafood is dearer in countryside compared to Bangkok simply because it far away from the sea. The prawns you see here going for 220 baht ($9.20) per kilo can get it easily beterrn 190 to 200 baht in Bangkok.
BC08FE4F-9EF6-492A-9E7C-0101D4E822F4-305-0000001C8E5207D0.jpg

Because seafood is more expensive here many go for fresh water fish, bought two big pra-nin (black talapia)
3DC80323-A2D1-4E09-9A71-8923E3BF9D9B-305-000000274DD5CDAB.jpg

Fresh vege from the nearby moo-baan (kampongs)
B0E90540-B2B1-4BAC-9BCC-2659467847AE-305-000000271E8AFB55.jpg

Will show what became of them later