• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. early x'mas present from bro fusoh. found this in my car these 2 bottles in my car.

20121222_090151.jpg

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hehehe. early x'mas present from bro fusoh. found this in my car these 2 bottles in my car.

20121222_090151.jpg

bro conburifc,thanks to yr hospitality,u've been very helpful and i had a great time last nite,so paiseh give this kinda cheap drinks but honestly i like both the taste except for ballantines,too much of it will cost hang over the next day.next time i hope to catch with u and yy and joetys,I"LL BE BACK!!! :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Having Indonesian food now

[video=youtube;Va3ZkQBg5lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3ZkQBg5lc[/video]

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Having Indonesian food now

[video=youtube;Va3ZkQBg5lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3ZkQBg5lc[/video][/QUO

joetys,another sinful post,i'm starving now........ had a good time with chon,hope to see u next time,thanks for calling bro,u flattered me!

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehehe. imho, best way to learn the language is to be here. what you learn in school or text book does not cover the local slangs and phrases. slangs and phrases are very popular here among the locals. benefits of speaking slang is they will treat u as kaki lang and not khon tang chat(foreigner). buy things or getting things done also easier.

paiseh to say, my formal thai no good, but the real thai street/market language, me 'yiam' or 'jeng' (formal is geng for good).

just my 2baht.

Bro chonburific

Roger that! Useful tip ... Hehehe...

Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe guys, very very busy today. having khao tom goong dinner by myself. :p

i have the habit of taking a short nap after lunch. if don't will feel very tired by 3-4pm. guess too long never do any serious work liaoz. really buay tahan liaoz so took a nap at 6pm. woke up at 8pm. kns, now feeling very fresh.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro chonburific

Roger that! Useful tip ... Hehehe...

Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas!

hehehe. thanks bro panzer. hope you can fulfill your dreams. just remember another point, don't overplan like what i did many manyyears ago. hope to see you one of these days in patt. :smile:

maeli kis mast (thai style of merry christmas)

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flooding in jomtien this afternoon. All it takes is 30 mins of heavy rain. Was bringing relatives to visit new office.

Sorry to correct your English, but I believe that several individuals use [ bring and take ] incorrectly.

For example:

If your wife who is at home: She tells you "Please bring some food home, for me."

If you are about to leave the house, she says: "Dear, please take the garbage out."

If you are at Point A (say a restaurant): You are taking your relatives to visit your new office.

But if you are at your office, and your relatives are at the restaurant, you tell them: Do you want me to bring you here to visit my new office?

Other English matters: reach vs arrive.

Somehow, many Singaporeans tend to use: I am reaching your place,
whereas I believe it should be: Soon, I am arriving at your place, or Very soon, I will arrive at your office.

I reach out for those in need
vs
Will you be able to reach the top shelf to retrieve the jar of honey?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to correct your English, but I believe that several individuals use [ bring and take ] incorrectly.

For example:

If your wife who is at home: She tells you "Please bring some food home, for me."

If you are about to leave the house, she says: "Dear, please take the garbage out."

If you are at Point A (say a restaurant): You are taking your relatives to visit your new office.

But if you are at your office, and your relatives are at the restaurant, you tell them: Do you want me to bring you here to visit my new office?

Other English matters: reach vs arrive.

Somehow, many Singaporeans tend to use: I am reaching your place,
whereas I believe it should be: Soon, I am arriving at your place, or Very soon, I will arrive at your office.

I reach out for those in need
vs
Will you be able to reach the top shelf to retrieve the jar of honey?
hehehe. thanks to bro charlie. i will try to improve my english. used to be not bad when i was working. now? it's really bad cos' i use too little english other than coming to sbf, talking with my ft staff and clients.

anyway, wish bro charlie and all at home a wonderful christmas. :smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. thanks to bro charlie. i will try to improve my english. used to be not bad when i was working. now? it's really bad cos' i use too little english other than coming to sbf, talking with my ft staff and clients.

anyway, wish bro charlie and all at home a wonderful christmas. :smile:

Brother [chonburific],

You have a positive attitude and the spirit to change and improve.
I agree with you that if an individual does not speak or use a language on a regular basis, he or she may lose part of it.
Pardon me, I am just being fussy with English, including my children's mistakes and my mistakes.

Merry Christmas, and a Satisfying New Year.

Christ is born. For those who believe, that is the reason for Christmas.

Unfortunately, in Toronto, and probably in North America, too many individuals and businesses are saying "Happy Holidays" and sneding Season's Greetings cards, perhaps, not to offend those (especially, as it appears to be, the Jews, who celebrate Channukah) who are not Christians.
However, from those whom I talked to, regardless of Jews or Muslims, they are not offended if one wishes them Merry Christmas, after all this is the Christmas season.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was told its rainy season in Jakarta now. This afternoon's storm lasted like 3hrs with non-stop lightning and thunder. Pretty scarry. Then there was traffic report that many parts of Jakarta was flooded. Luck for me I don't have to go far for dinner or shopping and the area I live in Pluit is not prone to flooding.

Went back to the wine bar restaurant tonight. Haven't had escargots for a long time so had it as starter and mushrooms with bread.

null-1270.jpg

null-1878.jpg

And of course a nice bottle of Chilean Pinot Noir, its very rare for me to drink pinot but thought I prefer somethign lighter today.

null-246.jpg

with a nice piece of medium rare angus tenderloin

null-1536.jpg

null-2158.jpg

Very satisfied.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now at old office to look for my measuring tape. kns, i have at least 3 but can't find any. i know the moment i buy new one, all sure appear one by one.