• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
QwZHNlD.jpg

Breakfast hall

XjM9Z5N.jpg

cOrMpmd.jpg

My eggs
bx7SHtZ.jpg

swGBUtP.jpg

bgQET4f.jpg

Condiments for noodles and boiled rice
w0ZxUxJ.jpg

NQCWMgM.jpg

Thai rice noodles with chicken
Gc3oSPc.jpg

Fish boiled rice
K66tjRL.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Too much Thai food past 2 days so today a local Chiang Rai gal recommended to go to Ribs & Co. for lunch

6LaSC0V.jpg

6rBQyLv.jpg

0SdE2aO.jpg

Lunch
8Ov3jtu.jpg

Seafood spaghetti
wVweYPZ.jpg

Salmon salad
riZoD85.jpg

3 types of chicken wings
2ij9FYD.jpg

Big ribs - meat simply falls off the bones, really delicious
pwomQ8S.jpg

Comes with fries and salad
MykBJaE.jpg

Ordered another smaller rack cos its so good
CzlmZYy.jpg

comes with chicken nuggets
Xf7R2pN.jpg

Coffee and dessert
Vs8yzOX.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chiang Rai resort at night

[media]
LIuGZtH.jpg

SFfID89.jpg

q73DLI1.jpg

vSX60cB.jpg

KjeXBWr.jpg

mzr5gQP.jpg

Makan time (mostly northern food)

The wine
2GpafNB.jpg

Salad
UpEvFlY.jpg

Salad
wDc0fz4.jpg

Porkbelly in curry with lots of oil
0KJulIC.jpg

Pineapple rice
JhrQqpE.jpg

Khao soi
uyEGxSe.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to Boonthavorn, a mega hardware shop to buy some tiles for the new kitchen
U6vv8mP.jpg

4Edz2MK.jpg

After choosing and paying for the tiles I have to go to the warehouse to pick up the purchase
YYvuQ07.jpg

Park the truck at any lot and go to a counter to claim
phxukUJ.jpg

Wait at the waiting room with TV and drinks
gpu1aKa.jpg

When called, the boys will load my purchases for me
ZOHpyYe.jpg

GdxvzRV.jpg

All arranged nicely so that it will not move during driving
RIoTskc.jpg

Finally, all set and ready to go
CPm53Ua.jpg

I now have another reason for the wife why the pickup truck is so important

What, you have a wife? ;-)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took a walk in the popular Chiang Rai market known as Fah Thai market, here is a short video clip

Had kway chap at the market
15qV4Er.jpg

At this stall
sJWFYr5.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Delightful lunch, simple and satisfying

Thai salad
C7SRO3r.jpg

Chicken wings
bwWgjhW.jpg

Porridge
aGRGcPv.jpg

Thai herb pork jerky
sgun7wp.jpg

Nice spread
NrNPAGU.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Froggy loves the good life.... Wine, women and song with good food and first class travel to boot. A humble screw salesman? How do I sign up? :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm just lucky I must say, but then that because I made a daring decision to give up a "good life" in Singapore and go to a 3rd world country. The day I sold my house in Singapore put everything in a 40 footer container to Bangkok was the day my Thai boss told me "now I have full confidence in you because you came and you burn the ship that brought you here unable to return" that was when all things began to go up and up and up for me. I was surprised he said that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast in Singapore. At a coffeeshop in Tanglin Halt

Old corner of Singapore
Qtq7vwq.jpg

All will be gone very soon, likely in 2 years
nzqxELf.jpg

Popular roti stall
FVSZaLB.jpg

Breakfast
bAdyoLB.jpg

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just lucky I must say, but then that because I made a daring decision to give up a "good life" in Singapore and go to a 3rd world country. The day I sold my house in Singapore put everything in a 40 footer container to Bangkok was the day my Thai boss told me "now I have full confidence in you because you came and you burn the ship that brought you here unable to return" that was when all things began to go up and up and up for me. I was surprised he said that.
Anyone with the balls to uproot and leave for somewhere else has my respect and deserves everything good coming his or her way. After being involved in business in Thailand for almost 30 years, I can truly say that it is, in my opinion, a much better place than Sinkeepoo in many aspects. Life is a lot more laid back, people are friendlier (in my humble opinion) and more civil, standard of living is lower, business opportunities abound, ...etc. You have made a good choice to relocate my friend.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In those days, if an individual owned a house, he or she is worth some significant dough.