• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This evening healthy activity and dinner at a community mall near home.

In Bangkok a community mall is a building that has a few shops the mix is usually - a few small simple restaurants, 1-2 small bank branches, clinic, beauty centre, pet grooming, small supermarket etc. It's basically a small shopping area for the houses or condos around it. Many Thais call these community malls Avenue as there's a company who opened a many community malls known as Avenue.

This is my first time to visit this Panya Village having moved here 11 months

ySDOvVm.jpg

was delightfully surprised with a few shops first of all found this very nice Wellness shop offering healing massages and spa.

10Sx197.jpg

LeXchny.jpg

owg8sqF.jpg

Picked a 1hr foot massage that costs only 240 baht

Em8UOkg.jpg

Wash feet
JX7wSgg.jpg

Prices
ZarxVAK.jpg

After the 1hr very nice massage went for a simple Isaan dinner here

r2x4iz1.jpg

sxgsDSC.jpg

D0vZ9zo.jpg

We had

Somtam pala (fermented fish)
xd7o7cl.jpg

Somtam Thai
sAhWV5x.jpg

Grilled beef
jI5pzBu.jpg

This meal costs only 210 baht
EkdzOoz.jpg

After the meal went to the 24hrs supermarket to buy some fruits and vegetables for tomorrow morning's juicing

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took a walk in Bangklok's Chinatown known as Yaowarat for supper particularly seeking the famous kwaychap shop.

Here's a video I made walking and leading to the shop hope you enjoy the music in the video

Here's the shop frong
KSARzFC.jpg

People sitting everywhere outside
FF8lMIJ.jpg

Inside the shop
ueOOFjX.jpg

Owner busy cutting meats
3YrhZnq.jpg

7tLJ0cW.jpg

XcOLjKg.jpg

Heres my 50 baht supper - crispy pork, fresh liver and rice curled noodle
hqgdF4E.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So I am longing for curry and roti in Thailand. How? Got to cook it myself then.

cWn5P48.jpg

p4Fs5OL.jpg

G1Y9iKT.jpg

Prepare the roti
lxc95qt.jpg

Ready to eat
IQePVAp.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brekkie at Bangkae (across river to Thonburi side). Missed bak mee hang past 4 months by old aunty who does the ingredients herself. I regular + piset for only bt80
37C8596E-81CC-4144-B32C-E8CCD50BB9D7.jpeg
49EA4C17-CA5F-407A-B23E-E4775734D700.jpeg
F4ED497F-780F-4CB3-BCA4-C49694D329D7.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's midnight and having supper here

m1q6f4h.jpg

Live folk music
tmgMCGF.jpg

Menu
72kTKhT.jpg

Somtam
Pq2krms.jpg

Cabbage
LG6Jbyz.jpg

Clear egg soup
EajO8Qj.jpg

This is life in Bangkok and I love it, every single moment. Oh its 2mins drive from my home, well I could walk 15mins.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old style wan tan mee at Bangrak. Thin egg noodles done nicely minus the dunked in sauce elsewhere, with thin slivers char siew
5AF226E3-3490-4C25-9217-28A8AFE37828.jpeg
5AC0F93E-E710-49A1-9A1C-E8A7E23C4548.jpeg

Was at Mahidol hospital at N Pathom this morning (dentist job for friend). Great chok and ter huang kiamchye
BBD5E2C7-980F-4A49-B579-D056E882E5F8.jpeg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's midnight and having supper here

m1q6f4h.jpg

Live folk music
tmgMCGF.jpg

Menu
72kTKhT.jpg

Somtam
Pq2krms.jpg

Cabbage
LG6Jbyz.jpg

Clear egg soup
EajO8Qj.jpg

This is life in Bangkok and I love it, every single moment. Oh its 2mins drive from my home, well I could walk 15mins.
Exercise and keep yourself healthy so that you can enjoy life to the fullest. Take care of your teeth too as you need them to enjoy food.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Found a new Italian restaurant Burano at Srinakarin area Burano is an Island near Venice. Anyway I found this restaurant from Google so we're here now having dinner

EDfK76j.jpg

Great pair of starters
kduy8QE.jpg

They are mussels from New Zealand
5iu3Nzy.jpg

and Italian sausage salad
9iIh2OB.jpg

Truffles soup
7QLCu0L.jpg

Lamb
TnHRSzI.jpg

Prawns
NiWRQzB.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
75e78886e3e00a0e2e151e192e2b04ce.jpg

Attachments

• 14AB48B9-4630-420A-835F-C3A607E64B8E.jpeg
    14AB48B9-4630-420A-835F-C3A607E64B8E.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 75e78886e3e00a0e2e151e192e2b04ce.jpg
    75e78886e3e00a0e2e151e192e2b04ce.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sushi Hiro is a chain of restaurants in Thailand that serves great sashimi. When you go into any one of their restaurants you can be assure of the freshest fish and they had almost any type of Japanese fish you can find including puffer fish. Fresh seafood comes twice a week so you can be assured what they supply is always good.

Had lunch there today

evLubPf.jpg

Miso soup
cyen6A8.jpg

Silver fish salad
VTktnCl.jpg

Squid sashimi
U5liwCb.jpg

Sashimi - From the left is Chutoro, top is Otoro fatty tuna, followed by Akami and then salmon
nVRlNnu.jpg

Fatty otoro
zfJB29b.jpg

Sweet sweet salmon
jxR6Wga.jpg

Good old hokke
yDtEGkd.jpg

I am a frequent customer of this restaurant for a long time, there was even a period of time where my colleagues and I dine there like 4 times a week easily 2k a month there (company pay for it). One bad thing about this restaurant is the customer service sucks, staff always not organised to serve customers and its the same in their other branches that I had visited so it seems that the problem really lies in the management.