• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is Thailand - you should never need to DIY anything. Somebody will take care of your every need :wink:

Was Charoen Kung ever the original Chinatown? The Bangrak area appears full of diamond, jade, precious stones salesguys emmigrated from the Indian subcontinent (They are Thais now).
Too bad swan song - I'm there next week just for 3 days - always miss either you or Froggy by a week. And nowadays, don't go to Pattaya much, so can't see Chon <sigh>

We should coordinate our calendars via Google 555

Charoen Krung is a long road and some part is part of original Chinatown and close to there is overrun by Indians for s long time Thais even call it little india. I may be around next week

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Sri Ganesh restaurant on Saturday morning

iFQS3ZR.jpg

OVjWMTY.jpg

WxqhsyB.jpg

bYLOf0x.jpg

The dosa brunch
WrpWblK.jpg

Mixed vegetable curry
i9fuYNo.jpg

Rasom soup
PR0NK6L.jpg

Samosa
ozJ2x34.jpg

Reason I posted this so late is right after I came back from this brunch I got food poisoning got an injection at the hospital and trapped between the bed and toilet whole day, lol.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ramintra road is famously known for bad traffic jam in the morning especially Monday.

11AA7305-6572-49F9-97A2-DB16E563FC3F.jpeg

I guess many Bangkokians are out of town enjoying a super long weekend

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is Thailand - you should never need to DIY anything. Somebody will take care of your every need :wink:
Err... I omitted the salient fact, this DIY was not my own doing. But then, you blokes could read in between the lines :biggrin:

Was Charoen Kung ever the original Chinatown? The Bangrak area appears full of diamond, jade, precious stones salesguys emmigrated from the Indian subcontinent (They are Thais now).Too bad swan song - I'm there next week just for 3 days - always miss either you or Froggy by a week. And nowadays, don't go to Pattaya much, so can't see Chon <sigh> We should coordinate our calendars via Google 555
The 1st Chinese trading community had to relocate to nearby Yaowarat, during Rama IV's reign. Due to advent of euro diplomats community. Charoen Kung's main stretch is mainly the old shophouses. With the old and pathetic Robinsons at one end, and Asiatique within walking distance.

Interesting trivia on CK and Bangrak area

charoen_krung_road_map01.gif
gallery_sight_thumbR_2_1504609760.jpg

https://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/thai_article/2116_charoen_krung_road/charoen_krung_road.html

https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profile/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/bangkok/3205

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Foodland in Thailand is a 24hrs supermarket

TMJ6VnB.jpg

Came to buy some vegetables for juicing

kgsUt0i.jpg

Every Foodland spots a restaurant Took Lae Dee that makes it very convenient for shoppers round the clock. Food is great all freshly cooked except that it's a little expensive

96Xqlh9.jpg

I usually come here for their simple breakfast that costs 65 baht or $2. 70 from 5.30am to 9am and 81 baht other time

cGNcToP.jpg

IMG_20180528_090742.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foodland in Thailand is a 24hrs supermarket

TMJ6VnB.jpg

Came to buy some vegetables for juicing

kgsUt0i.jpg

Every Foodland spots a restaurant Took Lae Dee that makes it very convenient for shoppers round the clock. Food is great all freshly cooked except that it's a little expensive

96Xqlh9.jpg

I usually come here for their simple breakfast that costs 65 baht or $2. 70 from 5.30am to 9am and 81 baht other time

cGNcToP.jpg

View attachment 43140
Is this the Foodland @ Ramkhamhaeng ?

Bro, next time indicate the location and add a google map, like our good pattaya correspondent.:wink::rolleyes:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow ! Can our Official Pattaya Correspondent confirm this is also the price @ Foodland outlets in Pattaya ?

img_20180528_090742-jpg.43140

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That makes Foodland the best deal in town for Western breakfast!

Remember, this price is only during 05.30-09.00 it include the folloowing -

1. Fresh brewed coffee or tea or milo
2. Two pieces of toast choice between plain or wholemeal (jam and butter)
3. Juice - choice of Guava or orange (I think may have apple too)
4. Two eggs - anyway you like
5. Sausage or ham
6. Water of course

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was a feast but last night really cannot makan stomach problem

VQRUSbw.jpg

Fish cake
0AZZbuE.jpg

Thai noodle salad
WcDzlCD.jpg

Fresh water fish
RyStTBM.jpg

Chicken wings
g2zXtKB.jpg

Duck beek
t8E2Uuq.jpg

Isaan sausage
BEIiFXN.jpg

nWaPwBr.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember, this price is only during 05.30-09.00 it include the folloowing -

1. Fresh brewed coffee or tea or milo
2. Two pieces of toast choice between plain or wholemeal (jam and butter)
3. Juice - choice of Guava or orange (I think may have apple too)
4. Two eggs - anyway you like
5. Sausage or ham
6. Water of course

No provide chio bu to sit beside me ?:rolleyes:o_O

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same price 65 at Pattaya Klang branch. Never take breakfast at Royal garden branch before but should be the same price. As P Froggy mentioned, have happy hour price from 5:30 to 9 am. This was the first breakfast I had when first landed in pattaya on a one way ticket from Sinkie land a decade ago. Cost only 49 baht during that time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramintra road is famously known for bad traffic jam in the morning especially Monday.

View attachment 43137

I guess many Bangkokians are out of town enjoying a super long weekend
Just came back from Jomtien beach. Very crowded with mainly BKK and other provinces registered cars driving and looking for parking lots along the beach. Good news for the business owners and hawkers at the beach as “hang zeng” quite jialat for many of them since Songkran.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from Jomtien beach. Very crowded with mainly BKK and other provinces registered cars driving and looking for parking lots along the beach. Good news for the business owners and hawkers at the beach as “hang zeng” quite jialat for many of them since Songkran.
What is so special about today that attracts Bangkokians?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Many Bangkok people left the city on Friday for home uncountry or holiday. Taking 1 day leave today they have 4 days super long weekend. Unlike them I am struggling in my office now.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow is wan pra yai (big buddha day aka mahabucha or vesak day).

For short holidays, hua hin, bang saen, pattaya and kanchanaburi are favorite destinations for BKK and surrounding provinces residents.

Btw, no alchohol sales starting tonight midnight until tomorrow midnight hor. Better stock up in advance. All night outlets will be closed tomorrow night.