• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No aircon is an open invitation to mozzies. Just like that alfresco dining at Pattaya South called "Friend" with a fish logo. Eat also difficult to concentrate.
So far this place is quite OK as it is sheltered as compared to "Puean" aka "Friend"restaurant which is outdoor/semi outdoor.

Usually they will light a mosquito coil on an empty soda bottle upon request.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some personal experience on driving and riding in Siam Lor (those drunk and buang or fall asleep while waiting red traffic light/u turn cases not counted).

Unfortunately, Driving habits of locals drivers/riders (locals refering to both siam kias and foreigners) is getting worse everyday. One of the most common accidents is "part naa" which means "cut into your front" suddenly. Very common for Song Taew and Mini bus to do, as they are competing to pick up passengers.

Every drivers know what is 2 second rule which means keeping a safe distance. Heres one additional road safety advice, if you cannot see what is in front of the vehicle in front of you, means follow ing too close liao.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Has not been to Peppe's for a while due to busy travels recently so was nice to go last night for dinner

Outdoor dinning
DqnMZsm.jpg

Indoor
sydkcoB.jpg

Cold cuts
Mzdo2xl.jpg

Peppe at work
cjb6vW0.jpg

Peppe coming over to open the wine
N7bzctJ.jpg

A big bottle of Rioja
dWERGOG.jpg

First time having this, pretty good but missed the Amarone
ay6eDcq.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Salute
xVgKvnb.jpg

Rockets
ru3AFIE.jpg

Blue cheese
Gom9cyd.jpg

Portobello
6423H7K.jpg

Tomato soup from fresh tomatoes
GtKyobr.jpg

Sampling Peppe's wagyu beef cheek
eAkajA6.jpg

Sampling Peppe's porchetta
gWps7Hr.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Preparing our mains, lobster
i0SXIGK.jpg

Wae6saD.jpg

Here it comes - Angel hair lobster
kGhSV5X.jpg

and the rack
kBPuABq.jpg

WwTsKgd.jpg

qWhAI7N.jpg

As always perfect for me
YmI2FFC.jpg

eS6R5W0.jpg

Finally the grappa
VONvLes.jpg

xTwCB45.jpg

Going home
jy4qAQO.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe it's "tat na" as in cut in front.
Bro Part Naa is correct. I know you are translating "tat"from the English word "cut". But for use wuth human and vehicles and human, "part" is correct.

"Part" is equaivalent to Chinese 插.

The word part naa is ปาดหน้า

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Part Naa is correct. I know you are translating "tat"from the English word "cut". But for use wuth human and vehicles and human, "part" is correct.

"Part" is equaivalent to Chinese 插.

The word part naa is ปาดหน้า

Ohh.....you are correct.

I will clarify with my Thai counterparts next time I see them.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suay, even with Prayut superstitious :p

c453408e7f169366fdf473b40a8a5b30.jpeg

Govt House security hunts for ‘superstitious’ suspects who lit incense
politics February 20, 2018 07:00
By The Nation

Police stationed at Government House will check surveillance camera records to identify the person or people who lit 36 incense sticks in front of the Prime Minister’s Office building last week.

The PM’s Secretariat ordered the investigation reportedly out of concern that the act could have been a “superstitious ritual” carried out by people who had ill intentions against the junta government.

Officials added that there was a rule prohibiting the lighting of incense in the area.

The incense sticks were found under flower bushes in front of the Thai Khu Fah building, the main office of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, on Friday, the day after a lotus basin in the area was accidentally broken by a car. The breaking of an object on Chinese New Year is considered by many to be a bad omen.

e3072b5426a41b60480988648e0e7354.jpeg

Prayut subsequently ordered Chinese-style red lanterns to be hung at the building’s gates on the same day.

Government House staff and Prayut himself have said the lanterns were for decorative purposes only and not involved in any form of superstition.

Traditional Buddhist ceremonies, particularly merit-making rituals, often take place at the area on special occasions.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
At new Baek Ka Din@ Jomtien Second Rd. Some of the bros might remember my old kopitiam was next door.

This joint was relocated twice. From here to Thepprasit and from Thepprasit back to here. Lots of nice and not so nice memory.

NEW BAEK KA DIN
near Na Kluea, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri, Thailand

https://goo.gl/maps/ckBYTZqKNQA2
Next trip I want to go to this place, especially for the hotpot.

It seems that ladies in Pattaya love Pupen Seafood. How good is Pupen ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next trip I want to go to this place, especially for the hotpot.

It seems that ladies in Pattaya love Pupen Seafood. How good is Pupen ?
Slightly better than average. Actually next door Lung Sawai also around the same standard. Moon Aroi at third road and Naklua also same category.

Imho, no shop beats Preecha seafood at Baan Ampher.