• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of the 2nd floor shops at Harbour
Nam Yaa Pa

Jeffer Steak and Seafood

Black Canyon

Tummour

Chester's

Korean Bistro

Tokyo Teppanyanki

All Seasons Steak Buffet

Tuna Ichiban

Jiang Look Chin Pla

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any direct transport from Pattaya to Impact Arena in Bangkok?

I am heading for the motor show @ Impact. If there is no direct transport, what would be the shortest possible way ?

My guess is Pattaya North Station > Mochit Terminal > Mochit BTS > Impact Shuttle Bus. But that's helluva time.

Alternatively, Thepprasit Station > Suvarnabhumi > Airport LInk to Phaya Thai > Mochit BTS > Impact Shuttle Bus. Nabeh, still very long leh.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there any direct transport from Pattaya to Impact Arena in Bangkok?

I am heading for the motor show @ Impact. If there is no direct transport, what would be the shortest possible way ?

My guess is Pattaya North Station > Mochit Terminal > Mochit BTS > Impact Shuttle Bus. But that's helluva time.

Alternatively, Thepprasit Station > Suvarnabhumi > Airport LInk to Phaya Thai > Mochit BTS > Impact Shuttle Bus. Nabeh, still very long leh.
Fastest way to Impact is take bus from Pattaya North to Morchit 2, and take a taxi from Morchit 2. Metered taxis at Morchit 2 are plentiful.

Edit: Add this
Morchit main bus terminal is call Morchit 2. It is quite far from Morchit BTS (not within walking distance)
Time taken from Pattaya North to Morchit is 2 - 3 hours. First bus at 04:30 hours is quite fast. The route uses Motorway 7 that's why its faster than the Ekkamai (Uses Bangna-Trad) and there is no stopovers for passengers to alight along the way.

As for the return route, Morchit 2 - Pattaya North, although uses Motorway 7, is slower because it allow stop overs at Sri Racha, Laem Chabang, Banglamung, Naklua and finally terminating at Pattaya North.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At Jiang Look Chin Pla again.

Look at the char siew. Should havd order Gao Lao instead. Gao Lao meana only meat and no noodles.​

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PEA is the equivalent of PUB. They take care of electrical meter installation and 'cut meter' and billings.

This small branch office is at BigC Pattaya Klang. The PEA main office in Pattaya is at Naklua beside Banglamung polis station. The PEA office of NaJomtien is at Chaiyapreuk 2 Road.

Usually, you can pay the bills at any 7-11 if the bill is not expired. If expired have to pay at the PEA office. PEA is notorious for super efficient in "cutting electrical supply" of those who are late in making payment. Also need to pay a penalty for reconnecting. And reconnection takes a longer time.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fastest way to Impact is take bus from Pattaya North to Morchit 2, and take a taxi from Morchit 2. Metered taxis at Morchit 2 are plentiful.

Edit: Add this
Morchit main bus terminal is call Morchit 2. It is quite far from Morchit BTS (not within walking distance)
Time taken from Pattaya North to Morchit is 2 - 3 hours. First bus at 04:30 hours is quite fast. The route uses Motorway 7 that's why its faster than the Ekkamai (Uses Bangna-Trad) and there is no stopovers for passengers to alight along the way.

As for the return route, Morchit 2 - Pattaya North, although uses Motorway 7, is slower because it allow stop overs at Sri Racha, Laem Chabang, Banglamung, Naklua and finally terminating at Pattaya North.

Thanks, Bro. Glad to know Pattaya to Morchit no stopover

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of you might have heard of the word "Gao Lao" when ordering food. Gao Lao (高楼) is actually the abbreviated version of 高楼清汤 of Hokkien/Teochew origin. Will not go through the history of this word. Basically, it means soup and meat or ingredient without noodle. For example at Kuay Tiow fish ball shop. When you order Gao Lao, it means fishball with soup and no noodles. Usually Gao Lao is more expensive than Thammada (normal size).

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case you want to go by shuttle bus instead of taxi, see the following.

Thanks, Bro. I have been using the Impact shuttle service since inception. But the shuttle bus is small, and when you have to stand on board it's pretty uncomfortable, especially with the traffic jam around Mochit.

I will take a taxi from Mochit 2. For the return trip, I will take airport link from Phaya Thai to Swampy.

I will update you on the latest MG cars at the expo.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
PEA is the equivalent of PUB. They take care of electrical meter installation and 'cut meter' and billings.

This small branch office is at BigC Pattaya Klang. The PEA main office in Pattaya is at Naklua beside Banglamung polis station. The PEA office of NaJomtien is at Chaiyapreuk 2 Road.

Usually, you can pay the bills at any 7-11 if the bill is not expired. If expired have to pay at the PEA office. PEA is notorious for super efficient in "cutting electrical supply" of those who are late in making payment. Also need to pay a penalty for reconnecting. And reconnection takes a longer time.

I believe there is one at Royal Garden Plaza.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks, Bro. I have been using the Impact shuttle service since inception. But the shuttle bus is small, and when you have to stand on board it's pretty uncomfortable, especially with the traffic jam around Mochit.

I will take a taxi from Mochit 2. For the return trip, I will take airport link from Phaya Thai to Swampy.

I will update you on the latest MG cars at the expo.
555 Ok Thanks. Mai Ao MG already. Better stick to traditional brands. Looking at factory pre CNG model. Only 2 models
1. Honda City 1.5 CNG 6xxK
2. Toyota Altis 1.6 CNG 8xxK

My heart with Toyota Altis CNG cos ever co own a Toyota Vios. Very impress with the fuel efficiency and reliability and also low maintenance costs of Toyotas. Go in for servicing never make me fall off the chair one. Honda maintenance actually sometimes can make owners fall off the chair

But 200K price difference with Honda City CNG. Intended for heavy usage for business. Thats why going for CNG. And also can take E85 which is slightly more than 20 baht per litre.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@chonburifc I just left chap-lak-lao Tanglin Halt

IMG_20171127_211959.jpg

IMG_20171127_214632.jpg

IMG_20171127_212412.jpg

IMG_20171127_212409.jpg

IMG_20171127_212404.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
555 Ok Thanks. Mai Ao MG already. Better stick to traditional brands. Looking at factory pre CNG model. Only 2 models
1. Honda City 1.5 CNG 6xxK
2. Toyota Altis 1.6 CNG 8xxK

My heart with Toyota Altis CNG cos ever co own a Toyota Vios. Very impress with the fuel efficiency and reliability and also low maintenance costs of Toyotas. Go in for servicing never make me fall off the chair one. Honda maintenance actually sometimes can make owners fall off the chair

But 200K price difference with Honda City CNG. Intended for heavy usage for business. Thats why going for CNG. And also can take E85 which is slightly more than 20 baht per litre.

My agent drives a Honda City. The ride is so much better than Toyota Altis, not to mention the smaller eco cars in the market. I hitched a ride from her the last time from Utapao Airport to Pattaya to Thappraya when AirAsia was still flying from SGP to UTP. The journey on the road was amazingly pleasant. I believe a Civic would have provided an even greater surprise.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My agent drives a Honda City. The ride is so much better than Toyota Altis, not to mention the smaller eco cars in the market. I hitched a ride from her the last time from Utapao Airport to Pattaya to Thappraya when AirAsia was still flying from SGP to UTP. The journey on the road was amazingly pleasant. I believe a Civic would have provided an even greater surprise.
Actually there is a mini bus service at Utapao. Believe its 200 baht pax. A pity Airasia terminate this route. Enjoy Utapao much more than Suvarnhabhumi and Don Muang. Utapao Immigration 2 counters but processed passport 10 times faster than Suvarnhabhumi and Don Muang.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This 16 storey fried chicken wings really not bad. actually the chilli also nap short.

Remember the stall in Redhill market where gay loong queue for his chicken wings? That's called Yan 焱 the owner originally from Commonwealth Drive known as Eng Kee which had been there for years. Was told by the staff that the original owner left Eng Kee in Commonwealth Drive, sold the business to the staff and set up Yan 焱 in Redhill market.

Anyway the name card has both businesses one on each side:

Photo 27-11-17, 11 17 01 PM.jpg

Photo 27-11-17, 11 17 28 PM.jpg