• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

SHA0KAHN

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Land of A Thousand Smiles

Pad Thai: Thai Style Noodle Stir Fry

Posted on 05 November 2013.

pad-thai-rz.jpg

<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
Prepare Pad Thai sauce:
For 2 servings

</big>
[FONT=“Arial”]2 Big tbsp. of palm sugar
3 tbsp. concentrated tamarind juice
3 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
[/FONT]
3 tbsp. concentrated tamarind juice
3 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

Prepare ingredients to cook the noodle:
</big>

2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. minced shallot
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. cut yellow tofu
1 tbsp. sweet radish (minced)
2 handful thin noodle if you can’t find the specific one, just use any noodle, mung bean noodle is also good. (Soak the noodle in regular water for 2 hours)
2 eggs
1 handful of a garlic-like vegetable >>> garlic Chives/ Chinese Chives.
10 big shrimp (peeled, De-veined and cooked)<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

Final Decoration:
</big>

1 handful bean sprouts
1 tsp. dried red chili powder
2 tbsp. roasted peanut (crushed)
1 tsp. sugar
4-5 branches of Uuicnri leaves/ garlic Chives/ Chinese Chives.
1 piece of sliced lime

concentrated-tamarind-juice.jpg

yellow-tofu.jpg

Uuicnri-leaves.jpg
<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

Cooking Instructions:
</big>

1. Heat the pan and add palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice, oyster sauce and a little bit of water. Now used medium or low heat to let the sauce boil and thicken. Keep stirring. Make sure you don’t burn the sauce. Golden pad Thai is good pad Thai. Be careful, it will be bitter if you put max heat and burn it.

2. Taste the sauce and make it the way you like. Some people really love it to be more sweet and some just love it a little more salty but the trick of Pad Thai sauce is the proper balance of 3 tastes: sweetness, sourness and saltiness. So change it the way you like. If you like it sweet, keep the taste the way it is will be right taste for you. However, my trick is to add some Maggi brand soy sauce to make it more salty as my husband loves it that way.

3. When the sauce gets thick enough, remove from the stove.<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

Next, we will cook the pad Thai noodles.

</big>1. In a different pan, heat the pan and add vegetable oil. When the pan is hot, add garlic and shallot Fry until it has a nice aromatic smell.

2. Next, add tofu and sweet radish.

3. Now, add noodles and

4 tbsp of the sauce we made earlier. (that’s for 1 serving). You can keep adding the sauce of the amount of the noodles is more than one handful. Make sure you don’t add too much because the noodle will be too wet and overcooked. (add it little by little) Then, make a quick stir.

You may want to pick the noodles out and taste them to see if the noodles are cooked properly.

4. If you like the bean sprouts and the sliced garlic Chives/ Chinese Chives to be cooked, add it in this step.

5. Push the noodles aside. Add the egg and cook it until it is half way done then mix it with the noodles. Now add shrimp and mix.

6. Turn off the fire. Arrange the noodles on a plate. Put dried chili pepper, sugar, roasted peanut, fresh bean sprouts, one piece of lemon and the garlic Chives/ Chinese Chives on the side.

Another option for Pad Thai, is to make an omelet from duck’s eggs. Make it as thin and as big as possible. Put the noodles in the middle of the omelet. Fold four sides then put another plate on top. Turn it upside down. Decorate it with bean sprouts, the genus Allium or scallion, dried chili powder, sugar, peanut, and one piece of lemon.

We call this Pad Thai with omelet in Thai language, “Pad Thai Kai Ho”. Pad Thai is a classic Thai Food dish and one that we eat a lot – a couple times per month at least. Tourists, when they come to Thailand know “Pad Thai” from the Thai food restaurants in their home country. They always seem to know to order this dish! My husband when he first came from America only knew pad thai and a couple of other dishes like yum woon sen and tom yum soup.

Pad-Thai-Moo.jpg

sawasdee-ka-joy-sml.gif

<big style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jwudCMCd9ek?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe></big>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Land of A Thousand Smiles

Shaokhan, your phad thai pictures looked really great. One of the best is in Kao San area on the street

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Somboon Seafood serves generally good seafood but for Thai standard its a little pricey.

I like to bring foreigners there because it has a great environment which foreigners can easily accept.

Pak Ka Chet

Mantis Prawns

Chilli Crab - have to say it the best chilli crab in Thailand

A big grouper

This pork ribs dish is for the heathens

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
kumsia kumsia...

Welcome, by the way the above food plus a nice plate of brinjal fried with chopped pork and salted fish plus 3 bottles of Singha cost only 3,800 baht or S$150, that fish is a big one at least a kilo

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
warning to you not to disrupt this joetys' thread. Just zap you.

warning to you m b s s l o t s

one more zap and the whole battlestar galactica will explode in all its gory

i dar you to fire your first salvo

you have become the leader of the darkness

dont let my donkeys and dogs fall on you

you are getting too big for your shoes, let alone your head

now this is my last warning to you....after this, it will be total war....cheers and take care!!!

You can go on with your schemes here in sbf...but once i explode, everything will be spilled over.....so consider carefully
before you fire your first missile which you had done many times already...if war is what you want...let the battle begin!!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Warning to You not to Disrupt this Joetys' thread. Just zap you.

MBSSLOTS you are getting too much here. I am NOT disrupting anybody's thread. I am just posting a comment. If you don't like it, you can zap me .There is no need to bring in Joetys. He can stand on his own.He has his own spine.He does not need your support.

Okay, if war is what you want, you got it full-scale battlestar galactica!!! Good Luck!! Now please continue to ZAP!!!!

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any thoughts/recommendations on car rental: pickup and return in Pattaya.

I am planning on a 2-night getaway in Rayong. Don't know whether to cab it or drive. Last time I drove in Thailand was many years ago (hard to adjust - joetys will know what I'm talking about)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I am planning on a 2-night getaway in Rayong. Don't know whether to cab it or drive. Last time I drove in Thailand was many years ago (hard to adjust - joetys will know what I'm talking about)

Bro must drive la, Rayong Chonburi provinces very easy to drive roads wide. But then if you're in the city cab is ok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't take taxi, rent a vios or city for about 1.2 to 1.5k per day. need to put a deposit. and don't say u r going to rayong. Charlie car rent and pattaya carrent , both quite good. Now high season, most new cars all rented out.

You wont get lost in rayong unless u go into the industrial estates. Cos many of these places only have road signs in thai. But if u stay along the main road, sukumvit. and 331, should be no problem.

If u want a driver, let me know. Ex royal thai navy officer. Knows chonburi, rayong and chantaburi inside out. Pay him a daily rate plus diesel. I can arrange if u need.