• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Short video of the restaurant

[video=youtube;4jfS-7r6KUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jfS-7r6KUY[/video]

Goodnight

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the SGD equivalent of Thai Baht 4558, for that matter the price of a bottle of Hennessy VSOP Thai Baht 2600?
Just under sgd200 and 110. Thai baht strengthening circa 23 (from 24++ few months back). Lesss bang for our buck:p

Cbfc, maybe wearing leather jackets will help?:biggrin: Get better soon!

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just under sgd200 and 110. Thai baht strengthening circa 23 (from 24++ few months back). Lesss bang for our buck:p

Cbfc, maybe wearing leather jackets will help?:biggrin: Get better soon!

That means what he paid (TB 4558 = approx. SGD200) for the dinner and a bottle of Hennessy VSOP is reasonably cheap.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What is the SGD equivalent of Thai Baht 4558,
for that matter the price of a bottle of Hennessy VSOP Thai Baht 2600?

Yes the Hennessy is 2,600 THB (SGD 112 ; CAD 93). Bloody hell last week it was only 2,200 THB (SGD 95 ; CAD 79) they had raised the price for Songkran holidays and it seem it will stay this way.

So the food is actually only 1,958 THB (SGD 85 ; CAD 70) and that's a lot of food. Total 4,558 THB is SGD 197 or CAD 163 - that was for 2 me and wife.

Biggest item in the bill other than the cognac were - Steam Snow Fish (700) ; Steam Roe Crab (550) ; Half kilo river prawns (400)

The rest are - 1 fresh coconut ; fried rice with salted fish for 1 person (70) ; 2 veges (mimosa and cabbage) 120 each ; 2 bottles of water (30) ; 3 bucket of ice (90) ; forgot the rest

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That means what he paid (TB 4558 = approx. SGD200) for the dinner and a bottle of Hennessy VSOP is reasonably cheap.

They gave me a lifetime discount card 15% off food about 8 years ago and they had stopped issuing this card.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes the Hennessy is 2,600 THB (SGD 112 ; CAD 93). Bloody hell last week it was only 2,200 THB (SGD 95 ; CAD 79) they had raised the price for Songkran holidays and it seem it will stay this way.

So the food is actually only 1,958 THB (SGD 85 ; CAD 70) and that's a lot of food. Total 4,558 THB is SGD 197 or CAD 163 - that was for 2 me and wife.

Biggest item in the bill other than the cognac were - Steam Snow Fish (700) ; Steam Roe Crab (550) ; Half kilo river prawns (400)

The rest are - 1 fresh coconut ; fried rice with salted fish for 1 person (70) ; 2 veges (mimosa and cabbage) 120 each ; 2 bottles of water (30) ; 3 bucket of ice (90) ; forgot the rest

Thank you, brother [joetys].

Wow! Your wife and you drank a bottle of VSOP!

It looks like you have a variety of delicious food, wine and liquor.
Keep it up.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you, brother [joetys].

Wow! Your wife and you drank a bottle of VSOP!

It looks like you have a variety of delicious food, wine and liquor.
Keep it up.

Oh no I'm the only hardcore fella drinking brandy. Wife is wine and sake drinker. Thanks.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no I'm the only hardcore fella drinking brandy. Wife is wine and sake drinker. Thanks.

bro, drink wine better la.. cos now many lady like to drink wine in wine bar...waiting for u to bring me and my wife to wine i love u.

i'm crossing over next month, expected is between 12-18 may. cos wife say want to learn drive car. 10 hr course 2600 baht, i think. if want unlimited hr of driving/learning is 4800baht..

most probably i will be staying somewhere near lumpini. friend's condo..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro, drink wine better la.. cos now many lady like to drink wine in wine bar...waiting for u to bring me and my wife to wine i love u.

i'm crossing over next month, expected is between 12-18 may. cos wife say want to learn drive car. 10 hr course 2600 baht, i think. if want unlimited hr of driving/learning is 4800baht..

most probably i will be staying somewhere near lumpini. friend's condo..

10hrs course for 2,600 THB is good deal, paid 3,000 THB for my maid's lessons. Be prepared the test in Bangkok conducted in Morchit may take an entire day with the theory tests and practical tests all done in a day. Its strange, maid told me even if fail a station (theory included) very likely the tester will ask her go one corner relax and reflect and for for it again later. So it's like bao-jia.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya lor.. knn my wife said her friend learn just 3 day (total 6hr) can take license already! i have to go thru 3 months at SSDC, knn!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ya lor.. knn my wife said her friend learn just 3 day (total 6hr) can take license already! i have to go thru 3 months at SSDC, knn!!

Your wife's friend is not wrong. Maid completed her 10 hours lessons in a week then went for test. As she double up as wife's driver after buying a new car I paid another 1500 baht (5 hours) for instructor to teach her to drive the new car. Anyway car still hit the gate in the first week. She's driving her 3rd car now and every one sure somehow kenna accident. I was so mad just last month a motorbike hit my pickup truck and damaged the driver's door. I've still not allowed her to drive my 1.5month old car, for now.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just feel not safe to let them get a license so fast.. i want my wife to take the unlimited hr package.. wanted her to really be confident. cos she a bit kalang kabok one..

my new vios, last week just change red plate to normal plate.... cannot go sianz lady liao...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i just feel not safe to let them get a license so fast.. i want my wife to take the unlimited hr package.. wanted her to really be confident. cos she a bit kalang kabok one..

my new vios, last week just change red plate to normal plate.... cannot go sianz lady liao...

Real test is always on the road. Don't be too serious. Insurance takes care of everything.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway want to ask also if I go Pattaya should I stay in Jomtien or Pattaya North Central South?

if u want to stay near the famed walking street, stay at patt south. or at least, stay around the area. the night life there is good! other then the main walking street, u can also venture further in. there is also lots of things to see, lots of massage, and food..

for me, i will definitely stay there.. but, try to stay further up, e.g. soi 10. i used to stay at windy ( near the russian disco) and every night cannot sleep because of the disco sound. if u stay further up, u will not encounter this noise effect.

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u want to stay near the famed walking street, stay at patt south. or at least, stay around the area. the night life there is good! other then the main walking street, u can also venture further in. there is also lots of things to see, lots of massage, and food..

for me, i will definitely stay there.. but, try to stay further up, e.g. soi 10. i used to stay at windy ( near the russian disco) and every night cannot sleep because of the disco sound. if u stay further up, u will not encounter this noise effect.

Thank you sir.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway want to ask also if I go Pattaya should I stay in Jomtien or Pattaya North Central South?

hehehe. the russian disco shud be call mixx disco. actually owner not russian but customers mainly russians. if u want to see real russian beauties, thats the place to be. but they only speak russians plus some russthaiglish. if u speak russian, confirm will be popular

i recommend staying in jomtien cos its really nice and quiet place for rest. if want to cheong, then drive or take taxi to pattaya. anyway, less than than 10 mins nia.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i gurantee your wife will 'mao' or buy big big car numbet on the next coming lottery, 1st may.