• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read the KFC beat people thread. Normally, I don't eat KFC but today will visit the LOS KFC. :smile:
Knn, wondering if the whole thing is a marketing gimmick to promote kfc.

jw5

Loyal
Read the KFC beat people thread. Normally, I don't eat KFC but today will visit the LOS KFC. :smile:

If u are in Pattaya, can go and watch the Pattaya tennis open.
Ladies singles final is between Maria Kirilenko and Daniella Hantuchova.
The 2 chiobus of ladies tennis, although not the greatest players. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u are in Pattaya, can go and watch the Pattaya tennis open.
Ladies singles final is between Maria Kirilenko and Daniella Hantuchova.
The 2 chiobus of ladies tennis, although not the greatest players. :biggrin:
jw, thanks for the info. No wonder the traffic jams were quite bad during the last few days.

Added this link. Actually the players quite chio. :biggrin:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unbelievable, a few piece of KFC chicken can be some tua dai ji.My FR on KFC:

Place: so so
Cleaniness: average
Food: below average
Price: No value for money
Nutritious: Low
RTE: No, unless it's the only option left.

Photo0334.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i first went to BKK i couldn't eat thai food and basically survive on fastfood like KFC and MacDonald's.

Had a barn nok gf once and brought her to eat KFC....she was overjoyed and told me she always wanted to try the 'ais-tim' from the menu.....turned out she was referring to the mashed potato :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i first went to BKK i couldn't eat thai food and basically survive on fastfood like KFC and MacDonald's.

Had a barn nok gf once and brought her to eat KFC....she was overjoyed and told me she always wanted to try the 'ais-tim' from the menu.....turned out she was referring to the mashed potato :biggrin:
I avoid fast food as much as possible but sometimes it is the only choice. For LOS, Gai Yang (Issan style BBQ Chicken) and Gai Aob (Baked Chicken) are the best. There is one franchise called Ha Dao Gai Yang (5 star BBQ Chicken) and their outlets are quite popular. Yeah, I do enjoy the mashed potato from KFC. Sometimes, I wonder why the locals are so excited about fast food when their own food are much better and tastier.

Are the 'Baby' joints still around? Remembered joints like Baby1, Baby2 etc
Are 'Baby' joints Arb Nam joints or agogo joints?
'Super' joints I know, Super Girl, Super Babe and Super-arai are agogo joints in Walking.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aiya today so boring so take a drive with wife to Pattaya. Now just checked into Dusit Baraquda hotel will stay a night here back tomorrow. Shit last minute damn expensive.

Hmmmmm wonder what to do later, also cannot sneak out to cheong :mad:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiya today so boring so take a drive with wife to Pattaya. Now just checked into Dusit Baraquda hotel will stay a night here back tomorrow. Shit last minute damn expensive.

Hmmmmm wonder what to do later, also cannot sneak out to cheong :mad:
Outside The Avenue, there's one roadside stall selling traditional Char Siew and Chicken. (Stall is beside Cocktail Car).
Confirm and double confirm aroi! But they only open in the evening where the small talard outside Avenue start.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Outside The Avenue, there's one roadside stall selling traditional Char Siew and Chicken. (Stall is beside Cocktail Car).
Confirm and double confirm aroi! But they only open in the evening where the small talard outside Avenue start.

Aiya evening in Pattaya must eat ahan talay la pii. Just had a simple san-yai-pak-siyew and san-lek soup for wife. Now in Soi Yamato (13/1) do foot massage in Top Massage by this lady

6b33906c.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... with wife to Pattaya. Now just checked into Dusit Baraquda hotel will stay a night here back tomorrow. Shit last minute damn expensive...also cannot sneak out to cheong :mad:
Bro, you live well ..OC shd be happy and comfortable with Dusit, rak you more for this pre Valentine getaway. Guess must sometimes eat vegetarian, good for soul.. and safe for nong chai.

Guys, have a good week ahead

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. This evening really honoured to have the company of friends from BKK at Boom Aroy. Myself and GF enjoy the evening so much. :smile:

Just da bao some Som Tam and Beer Chang cos' tonight want to sleep a little late. BTW, tomorrow 7 early eight morning need to go Land Transport Authority to renew road tax for vios.

Have a pleasant evening!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you live well ..OC shd be happy and comfortable with Dusit, rak you more for this pre Valentine getaway. Guess must sometimes eat vegetarian, good for soul.. and safe for nong chai.

Guys, have a good week ahead
YY, Dusit confirm nice place. There are 2 dusit in Pattaya. The original Dusit in Pattaya North and Dusit D2 in second road. Both are nice place but prefer Dusit D2 because near to all major attractions. :biggrin:

Oh dear. V day coming laew. Anyway, it's more or less the same for me and gf. I not the give flower type of guy and luckily gf OK.:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
YY, Dusit confirm nice place. There are 2 dusit in Pattaya. The original Dusit in Pattaya North and Dusit D2 in second road. Both are nice place but prefer Dusit D2 because near to all major attractions. :biggrin:

Oh dear. V day coming laew. Anyway, it's more or less the same for me and gf. I not the give flower type of guy and luckily gf OK.:p

Hmmmm surprisingly outside Dusit have a make shift stall selling charsiew, pork rib chinese style. Wife and I bought a box of porkrib 100THB and 2 ocs of chicken thigh BBQ 50 baht. Not bad . . . if hot better but no choice looks good.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Same here , i stayed in Thai for 2 years I also never eat their food ... The sight and the smell of their food with a few dozen " bombers " flying around the food already make my stomach full .frankly speaking I think Thai food are not for human .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmmmm surprisingly outside Dusit have a make shift stall selling charsiew, pork rib chinese style. Wife and I bought a box of porkrib 100THB and 2 ocs of chicken thigh BBQ 50 baht. Not bad . . . if hot better but no choice looks good.

Clap clap .. You have my respect for eating Thai food . The only food I eat in Thai are pineapple and coconut juices ( but they must cut the fruits freshly in front of me) .

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here , i stayed in Thai for 2 years I also never eat their food ... The sight and the smell of their food with a few dozen " bombers " flying around the food already make my stomach full .frankly speaking I think Thai food are not for human .

I think if you live in anyplace for some time - you develop a tolerance for the bacteria. Thai food in a food court setting ( i think the Thai's call it "Food Station") is pretty clean. So is food cooked-to-order at outside stalls.

The one time I developed pretty bad food poisoning in the last couple of years was in Singapore. Ate at a neighbourhood food court. If you observe, food prep and how they clean utensils in Singapore can also be pretty disgusting.