• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A question for you. Is Ikan Kuning called Pla Tu in pasa Thai?

Pii chon, Thailand very rare I think because I have been hunting for kuning but failed so far so I use Pla Tu, pla tu is very closer to ikan selar as it taste like it and pla tu can be as small as kuning and can be bigger than selar.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii chon, Thailand very rare I think because I have been hunting for kuning but failed so far so I use Pla Tu, pla tu is very closer to ikan selar as it taste like it and pla tu can be as small as kuning and can be bigger than selar.
OK got it. Pla Tu is the closest I can get here in Patt. BTW, here's the sports lid for Navara. Think they have both manual and automatic versions.

Photo0313.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
OK got it. Pla Tu is the closest I can get here in Patt. BTW, here's the sports lid for Navara. Think they have both manual and automatic versions.

Pii Chon I m not in favour of having a cover or even carryboy because it restrict ability to store things and also putting in and taking stuff out.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii Chon I m not in favour of having a cover or even carryboy because it restrict ability to store things and also putting in and taking stuff out.
For some models, the whole lid is easily detachable (carryboy). I installed a artificial leather lid (AEROKLAS) because of you know what? Rain? Used to store some farming stuff on the pickup.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not forgetting you can put the 2 X 300 Litre of PVC water drum during songkran plus 5-6 chio bus on the back of the pickup!!

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting you can put the 2 X 300 Litre of PVC water drum during songkran plus 5-6 chio bus on the back of the pickup!!

haha good one. This is something uniquely Thailand. A couple years back, at least upcountry, nobody used ice in the drum and there were no waterblaster/water cannons (they use a plastic scoop) so it was easier to escape being hit. Now, they are ubiquitous everywhere.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
... office girl already called the regular Isuzu agent that we bought our trucks from...

Isuzu DMAX has a good reputation for good diesel engines. Most people don't know this - they are one of the top 3 in the world (the other 2 being "Cummins" and "International") - every diesel GM truck in the US uses licensed DMAX technology. Not sure about the luxe features you want but when people usually buy pickups, they evaluate:
1) diesel or petrol
2) 4WD or 2WD
3) clearance height
4) torque (or towing capacity)
5) extended cab or not - 2 door or 4 door

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

5-6 chio-bu at back of pickup, this one I not like. 5-6 chio-bu in jacuzzi with me is acceptable.

I installed a artificial leather lid (AEROKLAS) because of you know what? Rain? Used to store some farming stuff on the pickup.

This one I like, sure.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isuzu DMAX has a good reputation for good diesel engines. Most people don't know this - they are one of the top 3 in the world (the other 2 being "Cummins" and "International") - every diesel GM truck in the US uses licensed DMAX technology. Not sure about the luxe features you want but when people usually buy pickups, they evaluate:
1) diesel or petrol
2) 4WD or 2WD
3) clearance height
Hehehe. Also have a 'good' reputation with Men In Brown (MIB Mata) in LOS.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1) diesel or petrol
2) 4WD or 2WD
3) clearance height

Thank you very much rotikosong. I followed most of your list: Diesel ; 4WD ; Extended Cab 4 door as for clearance height I wanted to be able to drive on 1m water so I will need to modify the suspension.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha good one. This is something uniquely Thailand. A couple years back, at least upcountry, nobody used ice in the drum and there were no waterblaster/water cannons (they use a plastic scoop) so it was easier to escape being hit. Now, they are ubiquitous everywhere.

5-6 chio-bu at back of pickup, this one I not like. 5-6 chio-bu in jacuzzi with me is acceptable.

This one I like, sure.
Yeah, ice water really power! For those who are not aware, the Songkran in Pattaya is 19 April instead of 13 April. This is to allow migrant workers to return hometown to celebrate Songkran before returning to Pattaya to celebrate another round on 19 April.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Can't believe I am in the office at this hour. Sianz, 2 more hours to go :(

If I am like you have so many chio-bu in office I will leave office late too everyday, then will drop by at walking street till midnight. Hell, you are really in heaven buddy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am like you have so many chio-bu in office I will leave office late too everyday, then will drop by at walking street till midnight. Hell, you are really in heaven buddy.
today no chio bus. That's why clock is ticking by the second. :(

A little sianz of walking. Thinking of exploring Pattaya North.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You give the impression that Chonburifc is running a fish bowl business:wink:

BTW, Taiwan scientists claimed that a man can only produce as much as 3 litre of semen in his entire lifetime. So if you work "overtime" in the "office" too often, your 3 litre might not last long :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You give the impression that Chonburifc is running a fish bowl business:wink:

BTW, Taiwan scientists claimed that a man can only produce as much as 3 litre of semen in his entire lifetime. So if you work "overtime" in the "office" too often, your 3 litre might not last long :smile:
No boasting but I dispute that....definitely more that 3 liters.