• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone knows how come thais dun take to stout? i think they scare drink liao make them dark skin......

My favourite used to be Kloster.....it was the only 'foreign' beer way before the other big boys and even before the likes of Chang and Leo.

hehehe. why you say chang until like that har? my favorite beer leh. btw, joetys is right, chang is a blue collar worker or farmers drink.

there are 3 more brands lower class than chang, one is call 'archa' or horse brand, the second one is 'cheers' and another brand i forgot the name.

for higher class one, there is one call 'fedebrau' but my advice is stick to heineken or singha.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone knows how come thais dun take to stout? i think they scare drink liao make them dark skin......

My favourite used to be Kloster.....it was the only 'foreign' beer way before the other big boys and even before the likes of Chang and Leo.
think to 'bitter' for average siam kia.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. same thing tonight. before close shop, got 4 welsh came into shop and insist on chang. sell lah!actualy shop not officially open yet. but sell lah. :smile: tonight also tiree but drank quite a bit liaoz. now having dinner at my foavorite teochew porridge shop.

20130117_212102.jpg

20130117_212135.jpg

and towgay taohu. today skip salted fish.

20130117_212146.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. think will talk to this boy's father about being the godfather of this kid.

20130108_180435.jpg

only one that can cimd to my shop and ji sio ji sio. :smile:

20130108_180418.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand Heineken is right there on the top level produced by APB. In the lower rung will be brands like Tiger (APB) and Singha (Boon Rawd). Then lower will be Beer Chang (Thai Bev) and LEO (Boon Rawd). Of course there are other brands even lower but not common.

In tourist places like Pattaya and Hua Hin you find more farangs (angmoh) drinking Chang than Singha. Chang is quite tasty with high alcohol content I think its almost 7% like out Guinness Extra Stout. I like Chang because with thhis higher alcohol content its just nice with lots of ice. Chang's main competitor will be LEO which is in the same class and pricing level. It'll be interesting to know if the exported Chang that you are having has the same higher alcohol content.

I honestly don't know why so many ang mohs like tiger. Previously i thought tiger was quite a nice tasting beer but after tasting other brands of beer tiger isn;t that good. I like asashi but i found out that carlsberg isn't too bad either.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone.

Reporting from Singapore. Yes Singapore. I just escaped from Jakarta. This was what happened.

As you all know I was stuck in my condo this morning unable to go to work due to flooding. At 1pm I received news that the authorities has started to release water from two dams as they were almost overflow with water. On top of that news came that from tonight or tomorrow monsoon storm will come for around 3 days and thereafter flood most of Jakarta. I made a decision to run because I was due to be in Singapore tomorrow for a meeting on Saturday and also be in Shanghai and Hangzhou next Friday to Tuesday. I was afraid I will be stuck in Jakarta for more than a week.

The journey to the airport is very adventurous. Its like you try to go the normal way then you get stuck by flood and need to detour to look for another way and another way and another way. The following photos will give you an idea what I have to go through to finally hit the highway to the airport. Even thhe highway was blocked because it was heavily flooded as you can see from the video I took.

When I arrived at the airport I don't care what airline or how much it cost I jst wanna get out. I got an AirAsia flight out finally and arrived in Singapore around 9pm.

Below photos and video taken by me while driving my Toyota Innova.

Outside my condo, I had to detour
null-512.jpg

Detoured to this street got to detour again
null-2408.jpg

Everywhere at the north of Jakarta is like this
null-1866.jpg

Finally can see the entrance to the highway but the water was waist deep, just got to keep on driving through not stopping.
x
null-2086.jpg

On the way tot he airport the highway was badly flooded, so using the side road
null-483.jpg

See short video showing highway to airport flooded
[video=youtube;Vdom_0sPfNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdom_0sPfNc[/video]

I am scheduled to be back to Jakarta on a Sunday flight, guess I'd be going home to Bangkok instead.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
See it's typical behavior of shit skins and they will fight with you instead of feeling ashamed of their behavior or call it racism.

See you need to ignore assholes that call you racist but totally ignore that shit skin's behavior and the majority of them behave like that.

hehehe. eat snake a little bit. tonight have test run at shop. now doing last minute shopping.

btw, last night before closing shop, sold 2 bottles of leo even shop not open yet. :smile:

on the redbull thing, go easy on this. try to drink in moderation.

Bro Jah, I blame my unlucky stars for witnessing all these, sibeh suay for me brother.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Think many here know I am a Guinness drinker cos I've posted before. Anyway when I started to stay here I realized that there is no Guinness here. I mean seriously no Guinmness in supermarkets, bars, etc etc. So I guess why Thais don't drink stout is because its simply unavailable. I get my fix from my south Thai salesman, I will ask him to fo to Thai/Malaysia border to got a carton for me whenever my stock is low.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I honestly don't know why so many ang mohs like tiger. Previously i thought tiger was quite a nice tasting beer but after tasting other brands of beer tiger isn;t that good. I like asashi but i found out that carlsberg isn't too bad either.

I start with Stout, Carlsberg and Special Brew during my teens. then switch to Heineken. now no alcohol at all for at least 10 over yrs.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everybody.

Here's one for you bro chon, all the way from Tanglin Halt

null-1079.jpg

Last edited:

sinkiesnotdumb

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehehehe. thanks for the advice. anyway, too serious liaoz leh. in all my ventures, i don't get involved in the day to day operations. but initial startup will be done by me while my partners and managers continue to run the existing biz. my target for this shop is 3 months and after that, i will pass it to a manager to do it.

think i felt tired cos' has not been working hard for close to 1 year liaoz since my branch office started.

Bro Chonburifc, I am still waiting for your OM about your official opening date and address, please PM me.

Sawasdee krup everybody.

Here's one for you bro chon, all the way from Tanglin Halt

Bro joet, sawadikrub to you. Glad you make it through the storm. Nice breakfast.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Narong Wongwan said:
favourite used to be Kloster.....it was the only 'foreign' beer way before the other big boys
Kloster was the "standard" brew in my early years in LOS, more popular with visitors. Seems it has all but dissapeared from the beer radar.

Jah_rastafar_I said:
..honestly don't know why so many ang mohs like tiger. Previously i thought tiger was quite a nice tasting beer but after tasting other brands of beer tiger isn;t that good. I like asashi
People tend to do the "local" in foreign shores. Tiger's iconic (monopoly even) here. Personally, I think it's too gassy for my liking, plumb for other draughts like Erdinger.

Aussie beers suck (too much CO2), except possibly Tooheys. And yanks' Bud is like dishwater. Czech and
Belgium beers are imo, the best -brew industry is even provincial.

And on things beer, reason why you diff beers taste "funny" or gives you a lousy hang is the qty of
preservatives inside your tipple -for shelf life and "clarity". And to germans credit, they can boast free additives from some centuries back!

http://www.microbrewing.com.au/noticeboard/2521-preservatives-in-beer.html

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/preservatives-in-beer.html

Jah_rastafar_I said:
Wtf i think it must have shocked you seeing her walking barefoot inside the airport and
then later having to see another shit skin's bare feet like that. Holy good lord.
He was busy making out with the Mumbai sexpot, ponteng work (Jak flood was excuse). As we saw, he
had to make a quick getaway to Sg and.. threw away his Indon sim card :p:biggrin: And he now takes in ah neh brekkkie!

chonburifc said:
miss both my god daughters. think time for me to get a god son also
Your paternal instinct kicking in? Time for you to get a fairy god mother (for the kids) too?

Last edited: