• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
These crickets I ate today is very delicious, like peanuts. I finished the whole plate. Oh I sometimes eat roasted worms too. Very nice.

Swee. You've definitely gone native. Much braver than most of us (I can't even eat somtam pu palaa)
In other news, THB-USD exchange rates went under 30 today. THB showing trending strength the last one week. Might hurt the Thai economy if this continues, and the yen continues to drop and test 90yen barrier.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Swee. You've definitely gone native. Much braver than most of us (I can't even eat somtam pu palaa)
In other news, THB-USD exchange rates went under 30 today. THB showing trending strength the last one week. Might hurt the Thai economy if this continues, and the yen continues to drop and test 90yen barrier.

hehehehehe this is somtam pu palaa we had tonight, pu is flower crab raw as usual
null-1212.jpg

Ouuuuuuu below 30 baht is good for me, 75% of the staff I sell is imported in USD.

Hey when will you be passing by Bangkok? I'll be leaving for Jakarta tomorrow morning, spend weekend in sinkieland then back to Jakarta. Ill be back to Bangkok only overnight next Thursday and Friday will be off to Shanghai for a week. Hope to catch you when you here, lets go to the new place I just found.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Jah. The beef and veges on the plate is to be put into the hot claypot (1st photo top right) with charcoal and mixed together. Its very delicious. Yes I am used to eating most insects except those really big ones that I posted last month during by Chiangmai trip. These crickets I ate today is very delicious, like peanuts. I finished the whole plate. Oh I sometimes eat roasted worms too. Very nice.

Oh Jah, did you notice the ants eggs in the third photo?

I didn't read your captions at first but yet i can see the ant eggs. Just when ppl think sg food is unusual our neighbours easily have much more exotic food.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I didn't read your captions at first but yet i can see the ant eggs. Just when ppl think sg food is unusual our neighbours easily have much more exotic food.

Good morning Jah. Cannot compare la each has its own unique food. What I had last night not all Thais can appreciate too. Reason I'm familiar with this type of food is simply I'm exposed to it while travellimg to meet customers all over the country particularly North Easy of what they call Isaan.

Cheets mate. On my way to Jakarta this morning.

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, keep it up. This thread is good for light readings and some insights into LOS from your first hand experiences. Cheers!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Reporting from Suvarnabhumbi Airport

Always nice to start the day with a very hot soup in the morning and a small glass of Hennnessy

null-1995.jpg

They say you see all sorts of people in the airport, how true, first time for me to see this in Suvarnabhumbi Airpprt. Really Sabai Sabai.

null-1153.jpg

Close up

null-1629.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very bad luck today. Sit beside this fuck up ahneh sitting like this with filthy feet.

null-1178.jpg

No fucking conscious
null-1325.jpg

Really cannot tahan to see the bottom of his feet so changed seat

null-602.jpg

damn low class

what the hell is wrong with me today keep seeing Indian feet

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brother [joetys],

Relax.

You said "conscious" which is He is conscious or unconscious,
but I believe you meant "conscience" as in he has no conscience.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brother [joetys],

You indicated:
"Really cannot tahan to see the bottom of his feet so changed seat"

The bottom of his feet (assuming that he is a human being) is referred to as the sole of his feet.

From the dictionary

sole
2 [sohl] Show IPA noun, verb, soled, sol·ing.

noun
1. the bottom or under surface of the foot.

2. the corresponding under part of a shoe, boot, or the like, or this part exclusive of the heel.

3. the bottom, under surface, or lower part of anything.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
brother [joetys],

You indicated:
"Really cannot tahan to see the bottom of his feet so changed seat"

The bottom of his feet (assuming that he is a human being) is referred to as the sole of his feet.

From the dictionary

sole
2 [sohl] Show IPA noun, verb, soled, sol·ing.

noun
1. the bottom or under surface of the foot.

2. the corresponding under part of a shoe, boot, or the like, or this part exclusive of the heel.

3. the bottom, under surface, or lower part of anything.

hahaha you got me again. Thanks. Cheers taking off now. Catch you in Jakarta. Just heard a quarter of Jakarta is flooding.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro joetys

I remember reading that it's not polite to show one's soles of the feet to people in Thai culture? Middle East throwing shoes is a great insult, that's why that chap threw one at George Bush many years back.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very bad luck today. Sit beside this fuck up ahneh sitting like this with filthy feet...what the hell is wrong with me today keep seeing Indian feet
Perhaps you have a natural affinity with ah neh types. Twice in same morning says all. Never tempt fate, but your luck may change for better (3X lucky) with a Mumbai sexpot down in Jak :p:biggrin: You'll have good conscience then, and hopefully the chick will be conscious of you then (unlike your unconcious seat mate).
rotikosong said:
THB-USD exchange rates went under 30 today. THB showing trending strength the last one week. Might hurt the Thai economy if this continues, and the yen continues to drop and test 90yen barrier.
Saw that over past 1-2 weeks. Partly due to high capital inflows?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
at friend's shop again to seek advice on what cold beverages to sell.

20130110_125124.jpg

Looks like the shop is coming along nicely Pi.

I do know the green tea is pretty fantastic. The kopi and soda water also important.

I also recall the locals like their red bull/livita or the like.

Most importantly must have enough space for BEER!! :biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahaha you got me again. Thanks. Cheers taking off now. Catch you in Jakarta. Just heard a quarter of Jakarta is flooding.

Take care brother, and quoting one useless piece of crap. It's not flooding, its ponding. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning Jah. Cannot compare la each has its own unique food. What I had last night not all Thais can appreciate too. Reason I'm familiar with this type of food is simply I'm exposed to it while travellimg to meet customers all over the country particularly North Easy of what they call Isaan.

Cheets mate. On my way to Jakarta this morning.

I understand that eating bugs is an issan practice and that thais not from that region don't usually eat that but seriously i think issan culture has spread all over thailand anyway. Like som tum is probably eaten by all thais.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the shop is coming along nicely Pi.

I do know the green tea is pretty fantastic. The kopi and soda water also important.

I also recall the locals like their red bull/livita or the like.

Most importantly must have enough space for BEER!! :biggrin:

The inventor of red bull is from thailand isn't he?

Is he a multi billionaire or millionaire? Did you guys read about the news where his son i think killed a policeman by ramming into him with his car? Think he got arrested and jailed and didn't accept any bribes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro joetys

I remember reading that it's not polite to show one's soles of the feet to people in Thai culture? Middle East throwing shoes is a great insult, that's why that chap threw one at George Bush many years back.

Indians, so canot expect too much from them.

Perhaps you have a natural affinity with ah neh types. Twice in same morning says all. Never tempt fate, but your luck may change for better (3X lucky) with a Mumbai sexpot down in Jak :p:biggrin: You'll have good conscience then, and hopefully the chick will be conscious of you then (unlike your unconcious seat mate).

Saw that over past 1-2 weeks. Partly due to high capital inflows?

YY I'm all alone now, where's my Mambai sexpot?