• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Coming back to that special dish. I've actually posted this before with a fish dish but this is all vege. This is how it's eaten.
null-999.jpg

Yes wrp them up and push it into the mouth. Very refreshing dish.

Love the nail colors bro!! :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sun just set behind these mountains. Took this video like half an hour ago and now its very dark. Staying in this resort. At 1.11 is my room the big one. The other rooms are smaller and simple each with a king bed.

Very beautiful here very serene.

[video=youtube;xEs_OlvwyHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEs_OlvwyHg[/video]

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sun just set behind these mountains. Took this video like half an hour ago and now its very dark. Staying in this resort. At 1.11 is my room the big one. The other rooms are smaller and simple each with a king bed.

Very beautiful here very serene.
Whats the temp there?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another simple dinner tonight in Pai. Weather nighttime is very nice, cool. Went to this shop popular for the famous Pad Thai and Khao Soi, so had both

null-2328.jpg

Look at the fresh Kao Soi, northern Thailand where I am now gave birth to this popular dish
null-1873.jpg

Pad Thai
null-2477.jpg

Close up
null-245.jpg

Goes with these very thin bean sprouts
null-2457.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After dinner had this dessert "bua loy khai wan"

Contains glutinous dumplig, yam cubes, sweet potatoes, and a 3/4 boiled egg
null-360.jpg

See the eye
null-701.jpg

Nicely made here
null-1080.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A cool morning here but luckily not 19 deg. :smile: Today will bring my contractor to see the shop which I will be taking over in early next year. Renovation will take about 1 month and hopefully, can start operations on 1st Feb 2013, exactly a year after I opened my second office. So no chance to go SG for new year and CNY, and probably Songkran too. :smile:

Also took over the computers/printers/furnitures (almost every item) from the current tenant. Problem is me don't know anything about computer so need to get someone good in computer to help me take a check the PC/printers.

First floor (3 big desk)
20121217_170349.jpg

20121217_170209.jpg

Coffee table and sofa on 1st floor
20121217_170748.jpg

20121217_170744.jpg

smaller coffee table

Pantry at the back
20121217_170326.jpg

3rd floor (1 even bigger desk)
20121217_170418.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night dinner at Vientiane Restaurant (Wien Jarn) with a friend from Holland.

Crayfish with garlic (Gang pad gratiam)
20121217_194619.jpg

Fried Sea Bass with soya sauce
20121217_195110.jpg

Stir fried vege
20121217_194626.jpg

All not spicy cos' friend cannot take spicy food but lots of LEO beer. :smile:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its for two person la.

Ok Gazebo, sounds funny, not like English more like italian. This hotel/resort is pretty old but nicely decorated very old style. It's actually in the middle of the city so very convenient. In Thailand resorts like this is normally inexpensive as they are simple. Simple not only in deco but also service. However these hotels always have a homely feeling so its warm and nice. I believe you've seen the video of the room that I posted. Costs only US$100 per night. Their simple delux room for two is actually only like US$35 per night.

yes gazebo is italian!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/61AoMeNd8KY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
17049695e1db6ed49888dfb9cd18b8d975e55e53.jpg

my breakfast this morning 6am. bakchormee at blk 58 hawker at bedok south. look at the thick broth and the pork lard!!!

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Slightly after 8am now.

Still very foggy and cold, you can see the sun vagely, will clear the fog soon
null-584.jpg

Having a bowl of very hot pork porridge now
null-244.jpg

The simple breakfast spread, bottom left silver bowl is the porridge, others will be sandwiches with butter and jam. Make yourr own coffee and hot drinks
null-1689.jpg

Simple dining area
null-967.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hotel Cost (says breakfast not included the fact is when you here they'll tell you its included)

PaiHotel.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..in Pai. Look at the fresh Kao Soi, northern Thailand where I am now gave birth to this popular dish
Envious... Pai's a popular destination (especially for romantic getaways) after thai movie Pai in Love. Was chio last minute post xmas, but unable to "cash in" on offer :p:wink: Kns, miss that khao soi with the trimmings

http://wikitravel.org/en/Pai

Last edited: