• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree just like you and me.

You know, something funny happened after his success. A few weeks ago the official Xinhua News Agency asked Jeremy Lin to 回祖国 to play in the China version of NBA to make the Chinese people proud. I mean think about it its pretty shameless to say such a thing because Jeremy's 祖国 is USA for goodness sake. I mean I cannot imagine my 祖国 is 中国 because I am a sinkie mah.

to china ppl an ethnic chinese is a zhong guo ren. It's actually the same for ppl from an ethnic group that have their own country with the exception of the anglo whites and maybe spanish ppl to some extent.

Let's take a japanese person for eg. There are japanese ppl that are brazilians but when you say japanese person do you think of a person from brazil? Same thing with a thai person too. You get my pt. That's why i asked around is there a diff in the japanese language to differentiate between an ethnic japanese person and a japanese person by nationality. Ramseth mentioned no. He also mentioned if you plan to migrate to japan you have to even change your surname to a jap one. To china ppl if you're ethnically chinese you're a zhong guo ren. Of course technically zhong guo ren denotes the nationality but i don't blame them for thinking that way i'm sure in the thai language they don't have a diff between a thai that isn't a thai national but an ethnic thai and a thai national correct?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think ordered too much liao.

ae9f7fa6.jpg

df6b3757.jpg

1f5ec8b4.jpg

5eca5147.jpg

5647cb90.jpg

28fa8557.jpg

877bacbd.jpg

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros Joe & Chon, as promised, KYP doing a trial test of the Gaggia Baby Twin

ocgu5.jpg

Chio Boo @ Shin Kong Mitsukoshi 新光三越 showing the Gaggia Baby Twin
t8olk.jpg

A single shot expresso brewed using the Baby Twin
yyozj.jpg

Frothing the milk...standard was good
m7hwt.jpg

The final product

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My verdict of the Gaggia Baby Twin - good enough for home consumption, but struggles with temperature.

Will seek out the Rancilio Silvia in my next run.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Ok its danza kaduro from bang saen to sim city. Hehe

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

877bacbd.jpg

This looks the most appetizing dish. For snacking even up to full meal, I love the Thai sotong satay grilled yellow with namchin dip. This big dish could make a full meal for me, without rice or noodle. But beer or whisky is a must. :wink: :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah llau pii joe, you making me very very very hungry........

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pii KYP, I just got home and can see these pics very clearly now. Thanks. Gaggia looks very very cool. I want I want.

You can wait for my review of a Rancilio Silvia before deciding. But if you're in a rush, the Baby Twin Gaggia is okay. And in Thailand, the price is cheap - B21,000 plus/minus, with your Central Card discount. In Taiwan, it's NT26,000.

espresso-machine-reviews-rancilio-silvia.jpg

I must also remind you that the Gaggia Baby Twin uses an aluminum boiler, whilst Rancilio Silvia, brass. The difference is, after a while, rust will accumulate in a aluminum boiler.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Wah llau pii joe, you making me very very very hungry........

I don't mind making you hungry if you feel horny then I worry. Anyway we had a great time here

[video=youtube;cJinr3uU0ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJinr3uU0ao&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You can wait for my review of a Rancilio Silvia before deciding. But if you're in a rush, the Baby Twin Gaggia is okay. And in Thailand, the price is cheap - B21,000 plus/minus, with your Central Card discount. In Taiwan, it's NT26,000.

espresso-machine-reviews-rancilio-silvia.jpg

I'd like to ask you an honest question if at home I am the only drinker of coffee and I can drink 2-3 cups of coffee is it ok to have a machine like this? I am worried if not use more often it will breakdown. Will it?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd like to ask you an honest question if at home I am the only drinker of coffee and I can drink 2-3 cups of coffee is it ok to have a machine like this? I am worried if not use more often it will breakdown. Will it?

It's for home use, so it's definitely okay.

But wait for a Rancilio Silvia. Jai yen yen. The agent is @ Rangsit.