• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro just 1k bhat and they let you off?
no driving license only.....i got no weed on me.
another time was caught with 2 illegal immigrants with no papers......$5K......caught throwing cig butts in sukhumvit....this one was entrapment, knn they remove all the dustbins and lay in wait......quoted $2k i refused to pay because beh song.....ended up 500 baht.

now no such things happen to me coz i drive car with police emblem plate....and anything i tell them to talk to the hand while i dial my my bro-in-law number.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eating snake again at friend's bar. Weather is very very hot.
Enjoying the nice aquarium with a leo beer.

2e886235.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..caught throwing cig butts in sukhumvit....this one was entrapment, knn they remove all the dustbins and lay in wait......quoted $2k i refused to pay because beh song.....ended up 500 baht.now no such things happen to me coz i drive car with police emblem plate....and anything i tell them to talk to the hand while i dial my my bro-in-law number.
Agree blxxdy sukhumvit is "tourist" entrapment (scam?). Also kena 2X awhile back, 1 near soi 22 and other near soi 4. Tried to dump in flower pot, and other next to small pile rubbish at lampost (no bins in sight). Kena a good bollacking on hard pressed cleaners job blah2, than bring me to inner pavement. Default is thb5k, but ended up "no receipt" thb1k (being apologetic helps) soi 4. On soi 22 incident, the junior brownie non-stop bollacking in thai. Then settle thb500 with his superior thb500 (again no receipt, other than "doodle" on his writing pad). Tried to explain (hopelessly) that his kaki was mots unreasonable.. release his steam and yet grease palm:o

Errr.. there was actuall a "missed" 3X off small busy soi opposite Siam Discovery Centre. Friendly cop let me off with a light telling off on cleaners hard job. So grateful:o

Wah, you know people in high places..:wink:

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from the Property and Condo Exhibition @ QS Convention Hall.

I just got to know that Pattaya developers practice discrimination against foreigners. They always have two different sets of price, just like Malaysia's Bhumiputra.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, best is be polite and smile when asking for discount. Put on a Kor Lian face will also help. Big case can become small case, small case become no case. Avoid the typical yaya papaya Ang Moh attitude and that's why they will waste more time and money to settle problem.

Only settle at mata house when really no choice.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just came back from the Property and Condo Exhibition @ QS Convention Hall.

I just got to know that Pattaya developers practice discrimination against foreigners. They always have two different sets of price, just like Malaysia's Bhumiputra.
Bro, it's a normal practice in Sin City. It's unspoken rule that foreigners will pay a higher price than locals because the foreigner demand is higher than the local demand. This is the only way to attract the locals to buy. Usually, the best units are taken up by foreigners so price need to be cheaper for locals to buy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. My neighbour in Jomtien. European Liquor and Wine Shop just 2 shops aways from office. :smile: If cannot find anything worth drinking here, then there's no place to find good wine liaoz.

5de8e0af.jpg

and closeup.

ac4d55b0.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today left home at 9am when got into office then realized I forgot to bring my notebook. So whole day got to work with my iPhone. Sianz. Also very caught up with work whole day. Tomorrow is a working day another long one. Sunday go Jakarta.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, it's a normal practice in Sin City. It's unspoken rule that foreigners will pay a higher price than locals because the foreigner demand is higher than the local demand. This is the only way to attract the locals to buy. Usually, the best units are taken up by foreigners so price need to be cheaper for locals to buy.

Did you know tim sharky wanted to buy a new condo unit and the owner charged him extra 5 million bhat after he agreed to the initial price.

431595_2855940479135_1278283072_32336737_1688648800_n.jpg

Have you seen this guy before?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Video to whet your appetite:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-62h2x7kulQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>