• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A heavy day for me

DivorcedMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today is the day where the court will decide the care and control of my children. For the past 2 years, I feel that I had been abused by the system and deemed guilty for the divorce although it was her who had betrayed the marriage vow. I endured for 2 years with her nonsense and frequent nights out. She claimed she needed space and so I granted her wish, if not she will find reasons to punish the children for the slightlest things they do. My bad for marrying a sinkie woman who place herself above everything else, including the children.

She calls herself a modern woman where she follows the asia culture when it comes to financial matters which is, the man pays for all. But follows the western culture demanding that men and women are equals, meaning all household chores are equally divided.

The last straw came when I saw intimate SMSes between her and lover. Although ranging with anger, I stayed calm and acted as if nothing had happened for the next 3 weeks. I immeidately engaged PI and paid thousands to have her followed. Meanwhile, everynight, I will wake up in the middle of the night and took photo of her SMS exchanges with her lover. I took notes of how frequent she will leave the house at night and returning only in the morning.

The showdown came when the PI confirmed their findings and found her visiting her lover's house at night and leaving only in the morning. They were seem hugging and holding hands while walking out from the room. (Even with this, during the mediation with a family court judge months later, I was told that this does not confirm anything as they were "not caught" in the act. I guess how could anyone get evidence if adultery can only be proven if they are caught making out?) I showed her the PI report and told her blankly that I wanted a divorce. She pleded with me and asked me to think of the children but my mind was made up.

I proceeded with the divorce and it had been a gruesome 2 years and it is still not completed. I had realised that the Women's Charter is a law that all men should go through before marriage so that all of us know what we are getting into. Maybe a good time would be during our NS days. I had seen how easily it could be abused by women to put men in a bad light and the law seems to always tend to side the women unless you can prove them otherwise with physical evidence. For those who are going through or planning to go through divorce, dun ever do it out of anger. It needs planning so that we can find fairness in out cases.

The women charter if obviously abused by many women and it had been seen time and time again by the family court. In a recent news article, I read that last year for every 1 cheating man there are 4 women. However, dun expect AWARE to do anything about it as they are the affected parties. The country dun need a Women Charter, it needs a Family Charter. It is time to look beyond gender and take care of the children as they should be the only parties to be considered, not women, not men.

It had never make sense to me that a women still deserve to obtain maintenance from the same marriage that she betrays, that to me obviously is an unfair law which speak volumes of the type of country that we live in.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For your children's sake its not the end of the world buddy. Stay strong. After everything try to go take a holiday and see the world if you could.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
later im goin to lawyer firm wif my next of kin for the annulment.
altho it is annulment but it is the Women's Chater which force through
the whole process also damn hectic.

ALL HAIL THE WOMEN'S CHARTER

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hence i'm not going to marry a Singapore woman or in Singapore unless a pre-nuptial agreement is finally recognised here.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
sorry to hear that too my friend.

On a seperate note ...good buying opportunity may be coming.

later im goin to lawyer firm wif my next of kin for the annulment.
altho it is annulment but it is the Women's Chater which force through
the whole process also damn hectic.

ALL HAIL THE WOMEN'S CHARTER

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's Laws are pro woman benefits 1, damn fucked up.........

It's the same anywhere in the world, where the country is deemed 'progressive'. :rolleyes:

Even worse countries: Sweden, UK, USA, Australia, Canada.

Here are some expensive celeb divorces:

[video=youtube;kKN1LjbkdAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKN1LjbkdAA[/video]

When you meet a woman you like, have fun times with her, then cast her aside.

There is no need to sign a lifelong contract with her, especially when the laws are rigged against you, the man. No need for buying a wedding ring N times your monthly salary, no need to bring her home and let parents see, no need to have a joint bank account or apply for HDB flat together.

Stay single and stay free.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think its nice to say some good words of encouragement to our wounded brother here.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, a little more on those countries I have just mentioned: Sweden, UK, USA, Australia, Canada.

Sweden
http://www.sweden.gov.se/sb/d/4096

UK
http://www.ofmdfmni.gov.uk/index/equality/gender-equality.htm

USA
http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cwg

Australia
http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/women/overview/Pages/default.aspx

Canada
http://www.swc-cfc.gc.ca/contact/index-eng.html

They all have entire ministries, govt departments and ministers dedicated to women's rights.
Men are second class citizens in those countries.

If/When the feminist NGOs in Singapore have their status elevated to that of a full ministry within the government, then you know you're truly fucked. They're the ones who petitioned for marital rape laws, four months of paid maternity leave, flexi-hours, gender-based affirmative action policies.

GagakHitam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, all the best. I'm sure the verdict will be in your favour.

I have another Malay bro who got divorced and the ex-wife who was so vindictive harassed him and his new found love. She started to be paranoid after he found her cheating on him over ang moh and my called for divorce. After the divorce, she stalks them. Send prank calls and emails. Send threatening letters to the family members. Crazy woman siak!

GagakHitam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, all the best. I'm sure the verdict will be in your favour.

I have another Malay bro who got divorced and the ex-wife who was so vindictive harassed him and his new found love. She started to be paranoid after he found her cheating on him over ang moh and my called for divorce. After the divorce, she stalks them. Send prank calls and emails. Send threatening letters to the family members. Crazy woman siak!

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same anywhere in the world, where the country is deemed 'progressive'. :rolleyes:

Even worse countries: Sweden, UK, USA, Australia, Canada.

Here are some expensive celeb divorces:

[video=youtube;kKN1LjbkdAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKN1LjbkdAA[/video]

When you meet a woman you like, have fun times with her, then cast her aside.

There is no need to sign a lifelong contract with her, especially when the laws are rigged against you, the man. No need for buying a wedding ring N times your monthly salary, no need to bring her home and let parents see, no need to have a joint bank account or apply for HDB flat together.

Stay single and stay free.

Well said bro! Marriage is a dangerous game for men as women can rip men off, only partnership/cohabitation for me at most!