• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A good pen (except Mont Blanc)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want proof? Come out and meet up.

I don't post pictures here that can be abused.

Look what happened to Bob Sim and Ng E-Jay pictures.

WAHHHH pai kai lai liao.

Okay meet up and then what? What if you see an ugly fella and then what?

It's actually indirectly challenging ppl to say he's ugly in his face. :biggrin: My oh my.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want proof? Come out and meet up.

Why should we show our faces to you ? We didn't promote our appearance in this forum. What you've started in cyberspace should be resolved in cyberspace. You owe yourself the obligation to prove the truth of your assertion "in the same arena where you have made your assertion"; we're in no obligation to help you prove your assertion "outside this forum". What's more, it's not practical because some of us are overseas. The onus lies entirely on the proponent of the assertion.

I don't post pictures here that can be abused.

Look what happened to Bob Sim and Ng E-Jay pictures.

Yes, this is by far the best reason for you not to post your picture in this forum. I say reason, not excuse. It's valid and entirely legitimate. You should have said this from Day One. It pays to be honest.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
WAHHHH pai kai lai liao.

Okay meet up and then what? What if you see an ugly fella and then what?

It's actually indirectly challenging ppl to say he's ugly in his face. :biggrin: My oh my.

We do not yet know if he's ugly; just as we do not yet know if he is handsome.

But when someone makes his appearance an issue, indirectly he has given up his right to privacy. The person, however, has no right to demand others give up their right to anonymity.

Ramseth has a very poor logical make-up.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But when someone makes his appearance an issue, indirectly he has given up his right to privacy. The person, however, has no right to demand others give up their right to anonymity.

Excuse me, I've never demanded anyone to give up their anonymity. Neither whether or not am I handsome is an issue for me. You all made it your issue. Keep your anonymity, keep your issue, for all you want. :biggrin:

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Parker is a very good product. Just that they've stopped throwing bucks on marketing their products.
Parker was bought over by Gillete...and in this big conglomerate..markteing dollars goes to the product with best return..unfortunately Parker pen is not popular in Asia anymore..

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
MB with bird splatter on top is not great value. Just paying for brand recognition. Was at a meeting with some Huns and they whipped out their MB roller balls. If you are starting in fountain pen look for Platinum preppy sold at Kinokuniya. The ink is cartridge and the ink does not dry if capped. Should be less than $10 or even cheaper. The other is Pilot petit mini fountain pens which is just as cheap but harder to find as retailers found that fountain pens do not sell well in Singapore. Some salesgirls have never heard or seen a fountain pen.

At Mustafa, you can get the rest, from $1.30 Hero parker clones to Lamy Safari and Pelikan school pens. Ah neh's Central sucks as no testing is allowed.

If you are feeling rich you can head to Fook Heng at Bras Basah or Aesthetic Bay at ION. Expensive pens are not necessarily of good qc so you need to go to such shops to try out. Ask to write on ultra smooth paper, this way you can find out if the nib is too scratchy or too baby bottomed. Many people prefer springy nibs instead of nails with a bit of toothiness. Many pens at pen boutiques are bling pens with gaudy decorations on metal barrels or so called 'limited editions'. Ask for daily writers such as Pelikan souveran series, Pilot Vanishing points, Sailor 1911. These pens are easily maintained with simple dis-assembly to flush old inks.

For your first bottle of ink, Waterman Florida blue is a safe choice which is smooth flowing, vibrant with excellent shading.

You need a journal to write on. Get a pretentious one like Moleskines which goes for $25 for a small journal at Borders. Small change as it is a cunt magnet so I am told. Make sure you recognize the Queen who may be behind you.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
please, nothing beats a pilot G2 in terms of smoothness. i know someone that hold a super expensive pen, once he used my G2 he got a shock and asked how much it cost. in terms of comfort it beat those that cost a bomb hands down