• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A few genuine questions....

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope to get some answers from shifu here...

1. Why MP not full time and can get 15k p/mth ? Shouldn't it be full time MPs get 15k and part time MP only 5k ? I heard from friend who say MP not productive at work, do MP and not real job... Like that also can ? What if employer is govt agency and allow MP to skive real job ? No check and balance ? That's why MP work should be clocked and recorded otherwise like not transparent leh...

2. Why so many generals in parliament ? Scary hor ? They r not economist or business men or pple experienced in commercial world... Yet so many doing all the impt jobs !

3. Some pple tell me all good men oredi join the religious order liao... Shouldn't govt try to recruit from there ? Reminds me of the show the UNTouchables where guru Sean Connery told Kevin Costner that u want good man pick from the tree and not the basket...

I got many more questions but maybe u help me answer these 1st ok ?

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorrie sorrie... 1 more question :

4. How will the govt collect back their so called growth $$$ from public ?
- up GST
- up transport
- up education
- up healthcare

??

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
All MPs are paid the same MP allowance, full-time or part-time is up to the individual. Some MPs automatically have two jobs, that of an MP and that of a minister that pays even more severalfold. So non-ministerial MPs are allowed their private careers. Civil servants and military officers must resign in order to contest election. That's considered a risk and sacrifice and they usually do it only when promised an easy election berth and ministerial post.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder nowadays so many people joining the opposition party.
Even those hor liao ones(scholars, Managing Director, successful businessman) etc also join.
Heard even civil service people also want to join the opposition.
Now PAP also worried about their brain drain, so those old birds MPs have to step down to make way for the promising young.
Even Wooden Goh has proposed that MPs can only serve for at most 2 terms.:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
No wonder nowadays so many people joining the opposition party.
Even those hor liao ones(scholars, Managing Director, successful businessman) etc also join.
Heard even civil service people also want to join the opposition.
Now PAP also worried about their brain drain, so those old birds MPs have to step down to make way for the promising young.
Even Wooden Goh has proposed that MPs can only serve for at most 2 terms.:rolleyes:

His proposal was for ministars to serve 2 terms. :eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His proposal was for ministars to serve 2 terms. :eek:
dat burger damn selfish! ...

he himself serf so long oredi, now want 2 allow ppl 2 serf oni 2 terms ... :mad:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

he himself serf so long oredi, now want 2 allow ppl 2 serf oni 2 terms ... :mad:

His proposal was actually for ministars to serve not more than 2 terms, except ex Prime Ministars. :eek: :biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually he is also Yong4 Xin1 Liang2 Ku3.
Imagine if you become a Minister one day, with the sky high salary, won't you want to become a minister forever?
The only career option would be to climb up the ladder to be the Prime Minister or President.
Just look at the current batch of Ministers. How long have they been in their post already?

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old guards hv served Abt 20 mil worth of their time ?

Imagine if you become a Minister one day, with the sky high salary, won't you want to become a minister forever?
The only career option would be to climb up the ladder to be the Prime Minister or President.
Just look at the current batch of Ministers. How long have they been in their post already?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
All MPs are paid the same MP allowance, full-time or part-time is up to the individual. Some MPs automatically have two jobs, that of an MP and that of a minister that pays even more severalfold. So non-ministerial MPs are allowed their private careers. Civil servants and military officers must resign in order to contest election. That's considered a risk and sacrifice and they usually do it only when promised an easy election berth and ministerial post.

Ministers and government office holders do not have MP allowance.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministers and government office holders do not have MP allowance.

That part I'm not sure. In any case, it doesn't negate the fact that ministers have to do MP jobs also, but are paid disproportionally high. How then to insist other non-ministerial MPs not have careers outside Parliament?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That part I'm not sure. In any case, it doesn't negate the fact that ministers have to do MP jobs also, but are paid disproportionally high. How then to insist other non-ministerial MPs not have careers outside Parliament?

I am quite sure they are enjoying their MP allowance.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

That I'm very sure, technically. In reality, ministers miss nothing since they are paid 100 times MP allowance.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

AT EVERY ERECTION, they tell us that the next PM will be in this "next batch". Bargain Hen was touted as a potential PM, partly because he looked and moved like LKY. Vivian B was also touted but of course in his very first public exposure in hosting a Malaysian delegation, he thought it was funny to refer to the Malaysians and the reporters as behaving like monkeys. Hairdo Raymond Lim is another one. Nett nett, it also looks like Rear Teo has not made the cut. Wong Cunt is now a co-ordinator. So much for these Deputy PMs that we have been having. Injun Pillay has seen the smoke signals and know that he can never be PM - so better move and make it elsewhere. Sadly, i think Pillay is the most eligible of the whole lot, his age not withstanding.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not surprised if one day, you will find the ratio of Ministers to MPs has become 50:50.
It will be interesting to see what title post LHL will be promoted to next.