• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

91 Fried Kway Teow Mee @ Golden Mile Food Centre

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG20201009125101-01-04.jpg

Michelin Plate honoree 91 Fried Kway Teow Mee's salubrious spin on an all time artery-clogging favourite of Singaporeans is drawing droves these days, alas we remain skeptical: what are the odds of sinful curtailed (no pork lard, no lup cheong - just lotsa chye sim, few blood cockles plus crispy lancelet thrown in) proximating them gustatory pleasures beknownst to relishing the good ol'? Surprise us then, pretty please.

Located at Golden Mile Food Centre along Beach Road, 91 Fried Kway Teow Mee opens daily from 9am-2pm except Mondays. Regular ($4) or large ($5), it's your call. Btw do not request for additional disposable cutlery ever, lest aunt anal flies off the handle.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/10/91-fried-kway-teow-mee.html

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I don't understand why the stalls are so stingy with the cockles. At least put 10 cockles ok lah. Some stalls just put 3, 4 cockles.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wok hei is decent, i've had it once out of curiosity. Its healthier than most CKT, but eating healthy CKT is like eating whoring but PCC in front of the whore with a condom.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I don't understand why the stalls are so stingy with the cockles. At least put 10 cockles ok lah. Some stalls just put 3, 4 cockles.
All the seehums are dying because of pollution. Used to be a cheap and abundant food but nowadays can't grow even in farms

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few years back, I was there.
If you order one plate, you can only take a pair of chopsticks. What the Fuck!
They don't allow you to take an extra pair.
I had stopped eating there.
There are many other better stalls.
By the way, are they selling char kway teow or a plate of chye sim? LOL.!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wok hei is decent, i've had it once out of curiosity. Its healthier than most CKT, but eating healthy CKT is like eating whoring but PCC in front of the whore with a condom.
From the pic it doesn't look like it has any wok hei. No egg not greasy enough..

In fact it looks like the dark kway teow sold for breakfast at zichar stalls

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the pic it doesn't look like it has any wok hei. No egg not greasy enough..

In fact it looks like the dark kway teow sold for breakfast at zichar stalls

Its just a plate of chye sim used to camouflage the char kway teow, (if any).
WTF!! $4 per plate.!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its just a plate of chye sim used to camouflage the char kway teow, (if any).
WTF!! $4 per plate.!!

Standard price at some of the more famous CKT stalls. For example, the 'No. 18' stall at Zion Rd hawker centre. $4/5/6/8.

Shunfu Mart's CKT is $2.50, but it's average and hardly anyone goes there. It's not a touristy spot.

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Unlubed, staid and woefully bereft of wok hei, this limp-wristed twaddle happened because some cretin took an impercipient sledgehammer to culinary orthodoxy. Cockles were rubbery, prawns deader than dead, noodles stodgy, veggies.....oh seriously whatever. So much for toadying to the Health Promotion Board. "

OUCH. That was savage.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Unlubed, staid and woefully bereft of wok hei, this limp-wristed twaddle happened because some cretin took an impercipient sledgehammer to culinary orthodoxy. Cockles were rubbery, prawns deader than dead, noodles stodgy, veggies.....oh seriously whatever. So much for toadying to the Health Promotion Board. "

OUCH. That was savage.
sounds like claire's critique.