• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

87% of malaysians working in singapore do not wish to obtain sg citizenship

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, sinkies this is the real problem, hooting the best of both world, sinkies salary, malusia cost of living... what say you!!! knn stop hating the pinoys, they are nice girlfriend than this parasites..

Dear The Real Singapore,

I came across this news article from Shinmin Daily News, print edition (5th Jan 2014) and I would like to do a simple translation for your readers.

A survey by the Malaysian press revealed that 87% of the Malaysian respondents who have worked or currently working in Singapore do not have plans to get SGP citizenship. Their objective of working in Singapore is to earn the strong Singapore dollar and then go back to Malaysia and enjoy life.

Some respondents cited their love for Malaysia, the cost of living in Singapore, and strict Housing policies as some of the reasons for not getting SGP citizenship.
http://therealsingapore.com/content/87-malaysians-working-singapore-do-not-wish-obtain-sg-citizenship

Toni Ho · Top Commenter · Singapore
I also know of a Neighbouring Country friend who gave up his SPR, SOLD his HDB. Reaped the profits and bought a Semi Detached Bungalow in his home town and then stays at his In - law house. All he has to do is wait for his golden goose (CPF) to lay the golden eggs and when the time is ripe (55 years old) he juz withdraw all his eggs which is hatched into more Golden Gooses again and enjoy his retirement in his home country while we the citizens do not have enough money to meet the Minimum Sum and therefore cannot withdraw our hard earned money to retire. You make your own decisions. Don't need a rocket scientist to figure that out.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would do the same in their shoes. The pink IC is a liability, all burden and no benefits.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore is such a boring place on earth,not to mention getting overcrowded,who in their right mind would want to stay here.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They are just enjoying best of both worlds, Singapore PR and a chance to retire in Malaysia.

Any comments from our resident jiu hu kia?

Attachments

• 01Tony05.jpg
    01Tony05.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 211

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore is such a boring place on earth,not to mention getting overcrowded,who in their right mind would want to stay here.

Haha! even Woody's Daughter prefer Ang Moh and White Land. Surely other Ministars Daughters and Sons hve all abandon Sinkieland.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha! even Woody's Daughter prefer Ang Moh and White Land. Surely other Ministars Daughters and Sons hve all abandon Sinkieland.

Ugh Singapore is so boring some people actually rather spend their time in third world shitholes like Thailand.not to mention they want to risk their lives outside of lowest crime rate in the world Singapore.

For me my preference is Australia,rich or poor is OK ,but if live in Singapore need at least 1 million dollars to tahan this idiotic country.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
You become a sg citizen so to let the government take your 20% earnings and control your retirement plans?

The longer you stay in Singapore to be a working citizen the longer your money get tied down.

Even I who is not a financial expert would know about this basic fact.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans don't have to retire in Singapore. They can move anywhere they want once they have made their pile.

The government has absolutely no objections to any Singaporean spending his golden years in some other country.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans don't have to retire in Singapore. They can move anywhere they want once they have made their pile.

The government has absolutely no objections to any Singaporean spending his golden years in some other country.

Gee thanks Captain Obvious, my India worker also told me the same thing.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Gee thanks Captain Obvious, my India worker also told me the same thing.

It may be obvious to you and me but if you look at the large numbers who are bleating about how it is impossible to retire in Singapore, you'll realise that this doesn't apply to everyone.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah, they encourage our parents to retire in jb nursing homes.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i told u singapore should never have broken merger with malaysia in the first place.

like Lee Kuan Yew said,it is our fate,our destiny to be together.work in singapore,live in malaysia.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You don't see the difference do you?
A foreigner returns home to enjoy the loot with friends and family members whereas a sinkie has to leave home and part with his friends and other family members. On top of that he has to adjust and adapt to the new lifestyle. The government knew this and why should they object.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A foreigner returns home to enjoy the loot with friends and family members whereas a sinkie has to leave home and part with his friends and other family members. On top of that he has to adjust and adapt to the new lifestyle.

I don't see the difference because it is so easy to make new friends no matter where you go. Home is anywhere you want it to be. It's not a physical location its a state of mind.

As for family my experience is that many are happy to get away from their extended families while those you are close to can always join you wherever you are.

I have had 4 "homes" in the last 20 years and all felt like home within a year of getting used to the place.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i told u singapore should never have broken merger with malaysia in the first place.

like Lee Kuan Yew said,it is our fate,our destiny to be together.work in singapore,live in malaysia.

Tonychat trying ti promote your BN and UMNO bosses again?? Fuck off!!