• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$8 holy cow's heart bypass surgery - revisited

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want u guys to read this article which states the costs of holy cow's notorious heart bypass. it states that the costs was only $25k (dunno include hospital stay for how many days or not):

Peace of mind with healthcare insurance
October 28, 2010 at 4:02pm
Health Minister’s total bill for his bypass surgery came up to about $25,000; of which $20,000 was paid by insurance, and $5,000 by Medisave. Minister had subscribed to Basic MediShield (since it was launched in 1990) and topped it up with a private Medisave-approved Shield which covers Class A and private hospitals. He did not have any riders. The insurance premium for someone in his age range (51-60 years old) is about $330 - $662 for a Shield plan targeted at Class A hospitalisation. Presently, one can use up to $800 per policy per year from Medisave to pay for Medisave-approved Shield plans.

Some have written in to share how with appropriate medical insurance plan, they need not worry about large hospital bills. Read this piece from Lorna Tan (http://bit.Iy/doGLEj). Her mother’s hospitalisation in 2008 was well taken care of by a private Shield plan, and she need not pay any cash.

We hope that all Singaporeans will subscribe to MediShield. Depending on their preferences, they could choose a suitable Medisave-approved Shield policy. If they have no plans to go into Class A/B1 or private hospitals, then basic MediShield should suffice. The premiums are highly affordable.

Here are also some useful links to more information on the withdrawal limits for Medisave and the various MediShield-approved insurance plans at http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcfinancing.aspx?id=324 and http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcfinancing.aspx?id=11164.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
$25K is sap sap water to holy cow. don't u agree? but really, could it be that cheap? the operation carried out by bangala cheap labour surgeon is it?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the rich has no problem to pay those premiums but then what about the poor? what is there to back them up??

what's wrong with singapore now? i m really disillusioned and worry for the poor and needies. perhaps i should sponsor my li'l brother leetahsar to stand for erection in GE2016.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone certify this statement:

Health Minister’s total bill for his bypass surgery came up to about $25,000

is it factually correct or some other hidden cover up?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I suggest you to go see a doctor... Saw you talking to yourself pretty often...:eek:

Last edited: