• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good News! Sinkies on current medical insurance will need to pay for cancers drugs!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
1679923058225.png

aicancer2603_2.jpg

Those who are already being treated for cancer will have their current coverage extended for six months.PHOTO ILLUSTRATION: UNSPLASH
SINGAPORE - From April 1, Integrated Shield Plans (IPs) will pay up to a maximum of five times the amount of coverage for cancer treatments that the basic MediShield Life does.

This is lower than the current coverage by insurers, most of whom foot policyholders’ bills “as charged” with the usual deductible and co-payment borne by patients.

This change will apply to all policyholders from the time they renew their IP contract. From what the seven IP insurers indicate, their coverage will be from April 1, and the maximum amount will apply to all plans, regardless of whether they are pegged at public sector B1 or A class wards, or private sector care.

Those who are already being treated for cancer will have their current coverage extended for six months to allow them to complete their regimen.

This is the second phase of the move by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to slow the spiralling cost of cancer treatments here – which has been growing at 20 per cent a year – and to obtain better pricing for cancer drugs. The first phase started in September 2022 and affected people who are on only the basic MediShield Life.

MOH said it hopes these changes “will keep cancer treatments and insurance premiums affordable in the longer term”.

There are two parts to the changes.

The first restricts insurance coverage to only cancer treatments on the Cancer Drug List. According to MOH, about 90 per cent of cancer drug treatments approved for use by the Health Sciences Authority, which regulates the use of medication here, are on this list.

Only drugs that have been clinically proven to be effective as well as provide value for money are included. Health Minister Ong Ye Kung has said that if pharmaceutical companies are willing to reduce the price of their drugs so they do provide good value, those drugs would also be added to the list.

As a result of this move, cancer drug prices have dropped by an average of 30 per cent for the public sector, with some falling by as much as 60 per cent. This has so far not been reflected in the private sector.

The second change involves splitting the insurance coverage of cancer care into drugs and services.

For MediShield Life, the amount that drugs can be covered by insurance ranges from $200 to $9,600 a month, depending on the drug used. For IPs, coverage at five times would come to a maximum of $1,000 to $48,000 a month.

The insurance can pay for only the most expensive drug used when more than one drug on the Cancer Drug List is prescribed. If it is a combination therapy that is on the list, all the drugs in the combination will be covered up to the $9,600 a month cap.

For cancer services, MediShield Life pays up to $1,200 a year now. This will be raised to $3,600 from Saturday, a change made by the MOH in response to feedback since the scheme was launched in September 2022 that $1,200 was too low to cover the costs for significant numbers of subsidised patients.

Cancer services include everything other than drugs, such as consultation fees, tests and supportive drugs that treat nausea or infections caused by the treatment.

Patients on IPs will be covered up to a maximum of $18,000 a year, or about $1,500 a month.

Oncologists in private practice, whose patients will be the most affected by the changes, are concerned that the coverage would not be enough unless the patients have also bought riders to cover a large part of their portion of medical bills – that is, the compulsory deductible and co-payment.

Last edited:

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vax cause cancer ,hv close friend ,a couple both healthy now suddenly hv nose n breast cancer,knn,should be the vax

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who want to be covered should get cancer now! @ginfreely
You and all criminal bullies should get cancer and that’s called Justice! As for me get cancer is called misfortune. I have zero worries though with rider and after my good research last time, I already know Angmoh the best cancer treatment costing millions would not be available to Singapore third world country that stinge on health care for citizens while generous on foreign worker benefits. I see building being refurbished as club house for foreign workers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You and all criminal bullies should get cancer and that’s called Justice! As for me get cancer is called misfortune. I have zero worries though with rider and after my good research last time, I already know Angmoh the best cancer treatment costing millions would not be available to Singapore third world country that stinge on health care for citizens while generous on foreign worker benefits. I see building being refurbished as club house for foreign workers.
So if my insurance and rider cannot cover, the only option is die because I got no millions to spare for Angmoh the best cancer treatment.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if my insurance and rider cannot cover, the only option is die because I got no millions to spare for Angmoh the best cancer treatment.
Angmoh the best got Angmoh the best government that will pay for cancer treatment and Angmoh the best insurance that will not after decades of payment shamelessly cut benefits. Only Singapore third world country insurance can do this! They should refund me partial premiums paid for decades and now benefits just suka suka removed. Sia suay government! Sia suay insurance!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh the best got Angmoh the best government that will pay for cancer treatment and Angmoh the best insurance that will not after decades of payment shamelessly cut benefits. Only Singapore third world country insurance can do this! They should refund me partial premiums paid for decades and now benefits just suka suka removed. Sia suay government! Sia suay insurance!
Again I am double suay to pay and pay premiums for decades and get full coverage removed. My whole life is full of double suay shit!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or rather those lucky ones that get cancer early - this few years window - enjoy the benefits of these expensive Angmoh the best cancer drugs. Just like those lucky ones that get to buy Singapore property early. Everything in life is about luck indeed. If not you pay and pay premiums for decades also get nothing!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or rather those lucky ones that get cancer early - this few years window - enjoy the benefits of these expensive Angmoh the best cancer drugs. Just like those lucky ones that get to buy Singapore property early. Everything in life is about luck indeed. If not you pay and pay premiums for decades also get nothing!
Come to think of it I should be given an award for best citizen. Everything ownself take care from roof over head to health care, pay and pay and get nothing in return kind of citizen. And not even rich in the first place. What more can a country ask from a citizen?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it I should be given an award for best citizen. Everything ownself take care from roof over head to health care, pay and pay and get nothing in return kind of citizen. And not even rich in the first place. What more can a country ask from a citizen?
Alamak how can I forget study university also ownself take care while pap busy take care of poor thing Malaysians etc giving them scholarship.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak how can I forget study university also ownself take care while pap busy take care of poor thing Malaysians etc giving them scholarship.
Everything ownself take care from study university to roof over head to health care, pay and pay and get nothing in return kind of citizen. And not even rich in the first place. What more can a country ask from a citizen????!!!! I deserve a best citizen award.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I am so gracious to choose to die with no fuss when my insurance coverage that I paid for decades get stolen and robbed. What more can a government ask from a citizen?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything ownself take care from study university to roof over head to health care, pay and pay and get nothing in return kind of citizen. And not even rich in the first place. What more can a country ask from a citizen????!!!! I deserve a best citizen award.
Everything ownself do ownself take care ownself struggle to make it and yet real useless people from locals to foreigners that take benefits and have it easy open ccb mouth say you no use say you sell cb when you are a virgin. WTF.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya how can I forget meet criminals harassing me for years also ownself take care. I definitely deserve best citizen award give give give and get nothing best citizen!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya how can I forget meet criminals harassing me for years also ownself take care. I definitely deserve best citizen award give give give and get nothing best citizen!!!
Everything ownself take care from study university to roof over head to health care to dealing with harassment crimes, pay and pay and get nothing in return kind of citizen. What did the government do for me? Not just no help no nothing but impediments and give me big slap like changing hdb policy when I want to buy, changing insurance coverage when I need it.