• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

71-year-old jobless Hokkein Pappie voter left homeless even though he has $67,000 in his CPF!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kilmar Wong
13 March at 19:18 ·

Dear Singaporeans
I have attended a request from a Young Girl Shiman. To help n assist this Uncle whom is 71yo. He have lost his job and currently Homeless. He have 67k in his CPF, currently he is just surviving on Sgd425 monthly. He is Single and have no dependents.
I hope any kind souls to come forward to offer him a job (last drawn pay Sgd1100) and a lodging place to house him.
Pls contact me for further information or PM me. His name is Uncle Lim. In the meantime I will help him to draft out a formal letter and help him to apply for a Rental flat.
亲爱的新加坡人
我参加了一个年轻女孩石曼的请求。为了帮助这位71岁的叔叔。他失业了,现在无家可归。他的中央公积金有67千美元,目前他的月收入只有425新台。他是单身,没有家眷。
我希望任何善良的人都来给他提供一份工作(最后抽到的1100新台币)和一个供他住宿的地方。
请联系我以获得进一步的信息或下午我。他的名字是林叔叔。在此期间,我将帮助他起草一封正式的信件,并帮助他申请一个出租公寓。

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Had he been allowed to withdraw all his CPF he would have lost his home AND his $67,000. Thank goodness the minimum sum rule has been implemented to save people like him from himself.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to CPF, this sinkie will have $400+ a month for many many years, ensuring that he would not starve to death. PAP is farsighted!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thanks to CPF, this sinkie will have $400+ a month for many many years, ensuring that he would not starve to death. PAP is farsighted!

I fully agree with you. It would be great if Sinkies knew how to manage their finances but sadly 99% don't have a clue. That is why the PAP has to adopt policies that prevent Singaporeans from squandering their wealth.

Hopefully the influx of foreigners will lift the overall IQ of the country and the next generation of Singaporeans should be more astute when it comes to saving and investing.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"As Singapore progresses, it needs to also ensure the country's poor are not disadvantaged or left behind, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said at a recent dialogue with
Singaporeans "
Published Straits Times
Oct 23, 2018, 5:00 am SGT

https://www.straitstimes.com/politi...o-one-is-left-behind-as-country-progresses-pm

So this is the meaning of poor not disadvantaged or left behind ?
Same as TCJ said picking cardboards is for exercise ?
Thank you again to the 70% who voted for the million dollars highest salaried ministers ever

Alfrescian
Loyal
One cannot complain when one never contribute to cpf when he is young and now expect the state to feed him.