• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

68% at and above retirement age today cannot reach minimum sum.....

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be obvious to everyone that the PAP don't intend to return their CPF money.
Why should they when the 60% are still gullible enough to believe in them :confused:

PAP is running out of time as most of the 60% are dying & they need the money to live. Replacing them with foreigners is not going to work if the cost of citizen means doing NS & giving up $ to feed the CPF system.

The fact that the PAP is trying to 'replace' or 'make non existent' if all those who are that fall below the Minimum Sum types and to replace them with new blood aka new citizens. They termed those who 'cannot make the grade' in their terms as undesirables.

This fight will turn out to be based largely on time as whether the PAP can replace enough of those voter against them as well as how fast the number of voters are changing sides vs to them introducing new citizens and their die hard supporters ( which are dying out).

The old bastard might not live to see this.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the number who cannot meet the minimum sum is far higher. You need to top up your medical minimum from your O and S account before you can withdraw. When you talk about minimum sum the correct figure this year is 148K + 40.5K or 188.5K. So you can safely say an overwhelming majority fail the minimum sum. By the way, the balances are regrossed balances meaning it already includes the
sum you took out for housing, medical and investments. All sums taken out need the accrued interests to be paid before you can withdraw. So you double screwed.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on!

Be reasonable!

If all those not done, smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY must dig out hundreds of billions from HIS stinkapore sovereign funds and got no money left to play play with. He cannot buy high high in style and sell of low low in the style he is accustomed to.

Sinkies really make too much noise and not at all grateful at all to LKY and all his moral compasses he gathered around him.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that the PAP is trying to 'replace' or 'make non existent' if all those who are that fall below the Minimum Sum types and to replace them with new blood aka new citizens. They termed those who 'cannot make the grade' in their terms as undesirables.

This fight will turn out to be based largely on time as whether the PAP can replace enough of those voter against them as well as how fast the number of voters are changing sides vs to them introducing new citizens and their die hard supporters ( which are dying out).

The old bastard might not live to see this.

The PAP might succeed in replacing the disillusioned & dying supporters with foreigners but even foreigners want their CPF:wink:

So in the long run the PAP will be history. Unfortunately for many older Sporeans like me, we probably are not going to use our CPF unless the PAP gets kicked out:(

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP might succeed in replacing the disillusioned & dying supporters with foreigners but even foreigners want their CPF:wink:

So in the long run the PAP will be history. Unfortunately for many older Sporeans like me, we probably are not going to use our CPF unless the PAP gets kicked out:(

The PAP only think in terms of next 10 years. They only want to reach goal of 6.9m. What happen after that not the problem of current leaders!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP only think in terms of next 10 years. They only want to reach goal of 6.9m. What happen after that not the problem of current leaders!!

Whoever takes over from the PAP is going to have abig mess in their hands. e.g. an expensive infra structure to maintain

I predict many will look back to the LKY days & mistakenly think it was better. They will forget that the policies he & his son implemented have a long lasting detrimental impact on Spore.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever takes over from the PAP is going to have abig mess in their hands. e.g. an expensive infra structure to maintain

I predict many will look back to the LKY days & mistakenly think it was better. They will forget that the policies he & his son implemented have a long lasting detrimental impact on Spore.

Not only expensive infrastructure!! They will have 6.9m and fertility rate still at 1.2 and they need to increase pop to 8m!!! Hopefully I am gone by then!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

why worry so much
maybe singapore will disappear
with just one nearby volcanic eruption
lake toba is just about to do it
so enjoy while you can
why worry so much
the next ten and 20 years
live the Moment
Be gateful to The Present

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
why worry so much
maybe singapore will disappear
with just one nearby volcanic eruption
lake toba is just about to do it
so enjoy while you can
why worry so much
the next ten and 20 years
live the Moment
Be gateful to The Present

Don't worry uncle!! I am enjoying life, had a threesome during the parade!! It's u I am worried for!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't worry uncle!! I am enjoying life, had a threesome during the parade!! It's u I am worried for!!

thank you sir for your concern
i am as happy as anyone here
only those vulval escherified maggots
are in anguish and grievous fear

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wages are stagnant, housing going up and up..how does one expect his kids to look after him in 30 years from now. PAP have put an enormous pressure on both parents and children with it's policy. At the same time giving themselves plenty of safety nets. Fuck those bastards.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear all,

just my 2 cents on this retirement issue.

1. Cost is rising in most parts of the world. But thanks to PAP policies cost in Singapore has risen alot. But for those who bought their flats 5 years ago..or those baby boomers who bought it years ago,,they can always sell up and move to cheaper places like JB, Pinoyland, Indonland etc. Stay singapore is to get 'tai' by PAP.

The counterpoint to this is heaps of ah pek etc will say oh away from family etc etc..I mean come on lah,,u want to leech on yr children forever?

Many responsible parents do heaps for their kids, but they know in future, their kids life will be damn tough, they have no intention to leech on their kids as they know their kids will have their own problems to deal with.

Also those who reach retirement age should know more about 'life' and be responsible. I have made my peace and am prepared to go. I have signed my AMD and touch wood, if anything bad happen to me, I will not want medical treatment and will just go. Death is part of life, live with it. I am not old fart, embezzled millions and rich and can afford the best medical care money can buy, or penang cow who pays $8.00 for heart by pass surgery. I am just a poor working person. I know my financial situation and plan accordingly.

Just my rants...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear all,

1. Cost is rising in most parts of the world. But thanks to PAP policies cost in Singapore has risen alot. But for those who bought their flats 5 years ago..or those baby boomers who bought it years ago,,they can always sell up and move to cheaper places like JB, Pinoyland, Indonland etc. Stay singapore is to get 'tai' by PAP.

The counterpoint to this is heaps of ah pek etc will say oh away from family etc etc..I mean come on lah,,u want to leech on yr children forever?

Many responsible parents do heaps for their kids, but they know in future, their kids life will be damn tough, they have no intention to leech on their kids as they know their kids will have their own problems to deal with.

Also those who reach retirement age should know more about 'life' and be responsible. I have made my peace and am prepared to go. I have signed my AMD and touch wood, if anything bad happen to me, I will not want medical treatment and will just go. Death is part of life, live with it. I am not old fart, embezzled millions and rich and can afford the best medical care money can buy, or penang cow who pays $8.00 for heart by pass surgery. I am just a poor working person. I know my financial situation and plan accordingly.

Just my rants...

i totally empathise with you
share your sentiments fully
but i do not want to rant and rant
because it will not do anybody any good
i accept the situation and i will live with it
happily and with a zest for life always
cheers! please don't sound so sad leh...cheer up lah!!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Just my rants...

Vote for WP in GE2016 and unlock the value of our reserves. U can also get back your CPF.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vote for WP in GE2016 and unlock the value of our reserves. U can also get back your CPF.

hahhaha brother
dont be too sure about this
i personally have no such confidence
and no such optimism
let us see the sledge come 2016
maybe 2015....good luck and majulah singapura nevertheless....