• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 65 Year Old Andrew With Kidney Failure Works 15 Hours A Day! Cleaner Wife Has Good Salary! What's Your Excuse For Working Less Hours, Sinkies?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1606825934268.png

Private hire drivers often work long hours to make ends meet.

One woman in Singapore, however, was particularly awed and inspired by one driver's positivity and dedication to his job.

Much time on the road

Deera Daneesya shared in a Facebook post her encounter with a Ryde driver named Andrew.

At 65 years old, Andrew still spends 15 hours on the road every day, according to Deera.

In addition to working as a Ryde driver, he also works for Grab and Gojek.

He told Deera that he has been driving for a total of 23 years — 18 as a taxi driver, and five as a private hire car driver.

With the amount of time he's spent on the road, Andrew has completed a whopping 2,045 Ryde trips since he started.

Any essentials he may require for a long day of driving are also stocked in his car. These include plastic containers to takeaway food, four water bottles, snacks like biscuits, a flask of coffee and a pillow.

At Deera's joking that he might as well have a portable toilet in his car as well, she learns that Andrew has kidney failure and he had gone for a dialysis session right before picking her up.

Happy he's still able to move about
In her post, Deera expressed sympathy and concern for Andrew's wellbeing, wondering why he was still working after his dialysis treatment.

"Yes he may not my grandfather or related to me but he is someone's brother, dad, grandfather. I mean I would be very sad to know if my atok have to go through this to earn a living or worst trying to sustain and put food on the table everyday."

However, Deera noted that Andrew exuded positivity throughout their conversation. Not once did he "complain, whine, or sigh" about his situation.

Andrew added that he was content to be able to move around and get out of the house, as opposed to remaining cooped up at home and "get[ing] dementia".

"My wife is working as a cleaner at a coffeeshop and her pay is not bad too. Anyway life is short so we can't waste it away," he said.

Deera ended off her post by saluting Andrew for his hard work, and urged people to show their appreciation for unsung heroes like him.

https://mothership.sg/2020/12/private-hire-driver-kidney-failure/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 97530

Private hire drivers often work long hours to make ends meet.

One woman in Singapore, however, was particularly awed and inspired by one driver's positivity and dedication to his job.

Much time on the road

Deera Daneesya shared in a Facebook post her encounter with a Ryde driver named Andrew.

At 65 years old, Andrew still spends 15 hours on the road every day, according to Deera.

In addition to working as a Ryde driver, he also works for Grab and Gojek.

He told Deera that he has been driving for a total of 23 years — 18 as a taxi driver, and five as a private hire car driver.

With the amount of time he's spent on the road, Andrew has completed a whopping 2,045 Ryde trips since he started.

Any essentials he may require for a long day of driving are also stocked in his car. These include plastic containers to takeaway food, four water bottles, snacks like biscuits, a flask of coffee and a pillow.

At Deera's joking that he might as well have a portable toilet in his car as well, she learns that Andrew has kidney failure and he had gone for a dialysis session right before picking her up.

Happy he's still able to move about
In her post, Deera expressed sympathy and concern for Andrew's wellbeing, wondering why he was still working after his dialysis treatment.

"Yes he may not my grandfather or related to me but he is someone's brother, dad, grandfather. I mean I would be very sad to know if my atok have to go through this to earn a living or worst trying to sustain and put food on the table everyday."

However, Deera noted that Andrew exuded positivity throughout their conversation. Not once did he "complain, whine, or sigh" about his situation.

Andrew added that he was content to be able to move around and get out of the house, as opposed to remaining cooped up at home and "get[ing] dementia".

"My wife is working as a cleaner at a coffeeshop and her pay is not bad too. Anyway life is short so we can't waste it away," he said.

Deera ended off her post by saluting Andrew for his hard work, and urged people to show their appreciation for unsung heroes like him.

https://mothership.sg/2020/12/private-hire-driver-kidney-failure/
Working at 65 with a terminal illness is wasting ones life away.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why taxi drivers never go through skill upgrading as promoted by the PAP?
Why he is still a taxi driver after so many years? if skill upgrading is real and not a propaganda, Andrew could be a programmer now or a coding master and he can work for Infineon !!!!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for him but he better be careful and not exert himself too much. Dialysis patients who did their dialysis often feel nauseous and tired. I worry it could affect his driving and the safety of his passengers.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for him but he better be careful and not exert himself too much. Dialysis patients who did their dialysis often feel nauseous and tired. I worry it could affect his driving and the safety of his passengers.
That means he is medically unfit to drive,,,he should not even have his licence

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means he is medically unfit to drive,,,he should not even have his licence

My neighbor used to go for weekly dialysis before he managed to get a kidney transplant 5 years back. Each time he came back from his dialysis session, he would always return home groggily. And the dialysis bump marks on his arms was so unsightly. This driver chap probably has a better endurance than my neighbor but I don't think it's advisable for him to chiong all day long as a driver.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why recently sinkies see food delivery and cleaner having good wages?
What i see he did not plan for future
Cham la i am potential to follow same footstep

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is he praise for working at the age of 65? another mind manipulation by the PAP media?
If you run a country that made senior people work to make a living because the cost is too high, then pls, as PAP, what are they doing all these years?