• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

51% of Singaporeans cannot meet minimum sum

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple, set aside $123k after that Yr problem yu have $$$ in CPf, but don't we still have to pay them $$$ to come out law to tie ourself

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
!.I had relatives who hdb kenna govt bought back. 3 rm changed to 4 rm flat. Plus mrt besides. Previous ones no mrt. Stayed for 30+years, now left 60+ years. Worth it or not? You tell me?

Is worth it only if your relative can sell his hdb in the open market and get a new flat. There is no way he can do it. He has to pay levy for the 3 room flat if he were to sell it in the open market.

When the govt bought over it is at a price determine by them and to upgrade to 4 room depending on location is not worth it.

For the extra space you have to pay at least $100K for the next 30 years plus loan interest. The $100k can be better use for other investment or savings.

No MRT, 30 years ago there was no MRT.

Is still worth it becase you need not burden himself with the new loan, it is not as if the govt compensate you by giving you a 4 room flat in exchange for your 3 room flat.

Is worth it only when the govt wishes to demolish and rebuilt and compensate you. So you tell me worth it or not. If HDB is for investment govt should compensate you.

Talking about MRT it does not come as a compensation package now that they need to acquire your property and you have free mrt ride.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
!.I had relatives who hdb kenna govt bought back. 3 rm changed to 4 rm flat. Plus mrt besides. Previous ones no mrt. Stayed for 30+years, now left 60+ years. Worth it or not? You tell me?

Is worth it only if your relative can sell his hdb in the open market and get a new flat. There is no way he can do it. He has to pay levy for the 3 room flat if he were to sell it in the open market.

When the govt bought over it is at a price determine by them and to upgrade to 4 room depending on location is not worth it.

For the extra space you have to pay at least $100K for the next 30 years plus loan interest. The $100k can be better use for other investment or savings.

No MRT, 30 years ago there was no MRT.

Is still worth it becase you need not burden himself with the new loan, it is not as if the govt compensate you by giving you a 4 room flat in exchange for your 3 room flat.

Is worth it only when the govt wishes to demolish and rebuilt and compensate you. So you tell me worth it or not. If HDB is for investment govt should compensate you.

Talking about MRT it does not come as a compensation package now that they need to acquire your property and you have free mrt ride.

I think you must be an FT. How come your views not updated and very bias ones. Its 3rms to 4rms free of charge man. Its not the 70s or the 80s nor the 90s liao dear, when the gov buy back its at market price. Brand new houses are always cheaper then market price plus 30k rebate because of government buy back will come up to free upgrade. As for MRT, its a bonus.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are in aussieland sure have one...but too late for you cos if you migrate now you are 1st generations which don't qualify. Will kenna feed their old people for them by paying exorbitant tax only.....:biggrin:

That was a light-hearted look at social safety net and a light-hearted melodious song of course. I think nobody wants to be reliant on handouts unless necessary. Everybody prefers to be independent on their own.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just means more people are left behind during the Premiership of LHL.

Yeah. Its election time coming liao. Thats why all these things are floating to the top. No solution one lah. The same with most other countries. Who wanna take care of other people's grandpas and grandmas? Who so charitable? Where to find the budget?

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. Its election time coming liao. Thats why all these things are floating to the top. No solution one lah. The same with most other countries. Who wanna take care of other people's grandpas and grandmas? Who so charitable? Where to find the budget?

If we can blow 50 billion away in savvy investments without batting an eye lid, I am sure we can have a basic social safety net.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we can blow 50 billion away in savvy investments without batting an eye lid, I am sure we can have a basic social safety net.
blown away is ur moni ... gif 2 safety net is 2 gif u moni from my pocket ...

no ... dun make cents ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is scary to see such post. What it means is that THEY are thinking of ways to ensure that WE will meet the minimum sum required.
u may b rite, man! ...

mayb ask u 2 take less home ... donate mor gambling chips la ... :o

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
u r rite! ...

dat burger's gonna want u 2 put mor of ur moni in2 his pocket ... :o

Agree with you totally. The more social securities your ask for, the more you'll pay for it, with your own money. Its the same for the whole wide world.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope singaporeans have more backbone and stop blaming FTs for the problems

without FTs who will do the construction, marine, retail, F&B jobs?

Sinkies of course. Employers will have to pay or co-share re-training for second career sinkies. Instead of now everything get cheap and leave sinkies in lurch while paying super extra to bosses. :oIo:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If CPF which is suppose to be for our retirement cannot perform its function correctly, then CPF has screwed up. If CPF has screwed up, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE PAYING SO MUCH TO KEEP CPF SCHOLARS AND TOP BOSSES THERE?

Please explain.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies of course. Employers will have to pay or co-share re-training for second career sinkies. Instead of now everything get cheap and leave sinkies in lurch while paying super extra to bosses. :oIo:

Yeah! Which is what they are doing now. Via WS.