• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 times more people unable to pay off mortgages and forced to sell property

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]5 TIMES MORE PEOPLE UNABLE TO PAY OFF MORTGAGES AND FORCED TO SELL PROPERTY[/h]
Post date:
15 Jan 2015 - 4:59pm

The number of properties forced to be sold increased by five times last year as the number of bankruptcies increased as well.
In 2013, there were only 32 forced sales listing but last year, this spiked up five fold to 159, Colliers International said.
78 percent of these were residences while the rest are commercial or industrial.
Also, most of these mortgagee sales were conducted by banks and a few from commercial credit companies.
More borrowers are defaulting on their loans because of the "stricter regulatory and financing environment" and are thus finding it difficult to sell their own properties, deputy managing director at Colliers International Grace Ng told The Straits Times.
In June 2013, the government introduced loan curbs, or the total debt servicing ratio.
But Ms Ng said that buyers have thus become more guarded.
Moreover, the number of bankruptcies remain high. The Insolvency and Public Trustee's Office showed that for the first 11 months of last year, there were 1,661 people who were made bankrupt.
This is comparable to the 1,992 who were made bankrupt in 2013 and already 2013 saw the highest number of bankruptcies since 2009.
Moreover, with the weaker rental marker, buyers are not able to recoup for their mortgage payments too, DTZ associate director and head of Singapore research Lee Nai Jia added.
In the third quarter of last year, vacancy rates rose to a high of 7.1 percent. This is the highest since 2006, where vacancy rates was 7 percent.
Dr Lee said that where owners cannot pay for their loans and became desperate, they have also gone into ruthless default, or simply not pay.
Of the properties that the banks have put up for sales, many are actually non-landed properties in prime districts 9 and 10, such as the Thong Sia Building in Orchard, The Verv in River Valley, and Botanic Gardens Mansions in Napier Road.
Even the Marina Bay Residences, The Sail @ Marina Bay, Reflections at Keppel Bay and Turquoise in Sentosa Cove have also been put up for sale by the banks.

"It's about whether the owner faces equity constraints," DTZ's Dr Lee said.
"If he has a property beyond his affordability - doesn't matter what type - it will still go under the hammer."
Knight Frank auctions head Sharon Lee said that there are also more landed properties which are meeting the same fate.
"It could be due to the high quantum or inefficient layout," she said.
But there is a positive side to this.
"Bank sales are popular among buyers because they are able to get a good quality apartment at market rates," DTZ auctions head Joy Tan said.
"Buyers know that the seller has a serious intention to sell," Colliers' Ms Ng said.
"There may be some discounts given for properties that have been put up for auction more than once, although the extent of the discount will depend on the quantum price."
For example, if a property is put up for sale for more than $5 million, discounts as much as $1 million to $1.5 million might even be given.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somebody quick get the bicycle pump to inflate !

hahaha. that narong wongwan guy and that sggonewrong tires have already "punchek" and they have already used their mouth for that blowjob to inflate the property market. hahhahah. they still in denial and alot of hot air from them recently. I am having good mornings almost everyday when I open the papers. told them 2-3 years ago and they laughed at others. now too busy blowing hot air to laugh. they must also trying to talk up the stock market. Today euro markets crashed and STI down 1%. told him just last week in my posts about shorting the market and that narong guy laughed at me . Now I am laughing. hehehhe. hahahhah.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha. that narong wongwan guy and that sggonewrong tires have already "punchek" and they have already used their mouth for that blowjob to inflate the property market. hahhahah. they still in denial and alot of hot air from them recently. I am having good mornings almost everyday when I open the papers. told them 2-3 years ago and they laughed at others. now too busy blowing hot air to laugh. they must also trying to talk up the stock market. Today euro markets crashed and STI down 1%. told him just last week in my posts about shorting the market and that narong guy laughed at me . Now I am laughing. hehehhe. hahahhah.

Boey sien meh?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That would teach them to speculate in property. If you manage your finances properly, you can afford to service the mortgage of a 2-bed room HDB on a $1000 monthly salary.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would teach them to speculate in property. If you manage your finances properly, you can afford to service the mortgage of a 2-bed room HDB on a $1000 monthly salary.

buy property in my motherland in india.. nice and chip chip.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More will puncek. Soon
1. Developer unit completed still unable to sell. Many project/unit out there still unsold.
2. Owner facing maintenace increase after 3 year moving in condo. From as low as $100 to as high as $800/month.
3. Increase interest rate I expected increase by 1% to 2% in 2015 only.
4. Many retailer will go bankrupt because more shopping and shop to compete to customer. And more are buying online such as electronic item.
5. HDB price will drop by at least 10% on 2015 alone or to as high as 25%.
6. More will take personal loan to buy car bcos car loan max 60% when they need replacement car when scrap.
7. Transport bus/MRT increase( this is the most fucking because electricity and fuel price drop but gov approve price increase) by right should reduce fare price.
8. Child care fee increase ...................................
9. Medical cost increase( the only country in the world gov hospital making money where the rest of the country in the world gov hospital don't make money)

Please add on....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP usually plans all the price increases within 2 years of winning a GE. So that the "lesser mortals" will forget the pain before the next GE.
This time around they seem to have derailed from their usual SOP e.g. announcing the changes in the CPF, the recent price hikes, ... which are signs of a breakdown in the PAP discipline:confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP usually plans all the price increases within 2 years of winning a GE. So that the "lesser mortals" will forget the pain before the next GE.
This time around they seem to have derailed from their usual SOP e.g. announcing the changes in the CPF, the recent price hikes, ... which are signs of a breakdown in the PAP discipline:confused:

Or signs of PAP desperation. :wink:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the property market is in a mess, bishan mansionette can sell for 1 mil whereas other are depreciating in value.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the property market is in a mess, bishan mansionette can sell for 1 mil whereas other are depreciating in value.

Bishan has a great location, with two MRT stations in its vicinity. It has a large shopping mall and is near recreational areas like the MatRitchie Reservoir and Thomson Road. It also has a hospital nearby. There are several good schools in Bishan like Raffles (Woo hoo!) and Catholic High. Also, mansionettes are rare.

On top of them, the Bishan-Toa Payoh people had the pleasure of putting the old dud Chiam out into the streets by voting for WKS in the previous GE!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, please look at orchard rd...

bishan manionette buyer probably made a windfall selling their condo and settle for this price, the money used is from their windfall.

Bishan has a great location, with two MRT stations in its vicinity. It has a large shopping mall and is near recreational areas like the MatRitchie Reservoir and Thomson Road. It also has a hospital nearby. There are several good schools in Bishan like Raffles (Woo hoo!) and Catholic High. Also, mansionettes are rare.

On top of them, the Bishan-Toa Payoh people had the pleasure of putting the old dud Chiam out into the streets by voting for WKS in the previous GE!

Vietcong

Alfrescian
Loyal
bishan got lots of RI retards and fucktards...this one my sinkie friend told me...they say all these RI people beri beri hou lian one...keep talking about how good they are...but actually hide in ambulance type