• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4K TV simi lai eh? better than UHD ah?

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought the Samsung model recently in jan this year, I recall its the 4K UHD7200 series. Curved TV, 55" type.
Was quite impressed by the UHD upscaling function, when playing from YouTube, it enhances the picture quality to almost UHD.

At that time was on promotion where thy even throw in a Samsung sound bar system.
Very happy with it.

how much u buy? audio house like cheaper than best and harvey

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
jipun brands sony, panasonic all become like nokia..all hongkan out liao, no need to consider rite?

Sony is still decent if you ask me.

But the new model looks quite UGLY ( 2 sound bar attached side by side tv ! lol ) Samsung design looks ELEGANT.

For Samsung it is because of its Nano Crystal ( quantum dot ), Octa-core processor and JS Series some are FALD ( Full Array Local Dimming ) and support HDR

Most importantly many 4k content samsung do support.

Pricing is still very high, wait few more months and it will drop.

Last edited:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sony is still decent if you ask me.

For Samsung it is because of its Nano Crystal ( quantum dot ), Octa-core processor and JS Series some are FALD ( Full Array Local Dimming ) and support HDR

Most importantly many 4k content samsung do support.

Pricing is still very high, wait few more months and it will drop.

but i see all the diff brands demo sets the pic quality all abt same, not much diff. philip and sharp also

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i see all the diff brands demo sets the pic quality all abt same, not much diff. philip and sharp also

That is because you are at the SHOW ROOM or your eyesight are failing you ! . The link i posted earlier on is REAL CUSTOMERS who have bought it and reviewed it.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is because you are at the SHOW ROOM or your eyesight are failing you ! . The link i posted earlier on is REAL CUSTOMERS who have bought it and reviewed it.

There is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

yah i got lau hwey bak..next time i go look closer :biggrin: ...but hor knn they always use those super clear blu ray disc for demo bluff ppl

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah i got lau hwey bak..next time i go look closer :biggrin: ...but hor knn they always use those super clear blu ray disc for demo bluff ppl

Not really the truth. Some use USB thumb drive :p Anyway go for Samsung and you can't be wrong. Especially with One Connect Box, future upgrade not an issue.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how much u buy? audio house like cheaper than best and harvey

Bought for 3k. They throw in a Samsung sound bar system, a wall mount bracket and wall mount service and best of all. They also throw in a S$200 Robinson gift card. i think it's a good bargain.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really the truth. Some use USB thumb drive :p Anyway go for Samsung and you can't be wrong. Especially with One Connect Box, future upgrade not an issue.

Yes, they use usb drive for the demo, but with the upscaling, the result was great.

voucher

Alfrescian
Loyal
? When someone makes personal attacks like this it shows how you got found out and how fucking stupid you are. It doesn't take a genius to even differntiate a dvd from a blu ray even though both are the same size. I bet you don't even know a dvd from a vcd even though both are the same size but can fit different sizes of media unto them because you are a fucking idiot.

Making fun of forum nicks. Wtf is a pap smearer? You like the pap people to smear your face with semen is that when you're a "papsmearer"? Stupid fucktard go back to primary school.

Looks like the loser disappeared with his tail between his legs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I often visit the electronic stores & one thing I notice is that prices always go down. The high end features of yesterday eventually make their way to the cheaper models.

Currently I see some companies advertising 5K sets. Don't know if it is just hype or real? So nowadays buying a TV is like buying a handphone, it's a short term buy. In my opinion it's not worth to spend too much on a TV set.